Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
glad to be here. I love you all, I want you all to be safe, and I can't wait to die together, posting right up to the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Welcome to the longest month of your life which will be followed by the longest month of your life.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/822504053057929218?s=19

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Throatwarbler posted:

So surely the CFR has to go down somewhat as doctors get more experience and gain better treatments right? Even in the old thread doctors were posting that they were having good results with certain therapies (IL6? I don't know what any of these mean) and while obviously they're not silver bullets there likely will be other therapies too that will together at least reduce the death rate?

No because this will be countered by americas dogshit health care system being completely overwhelmed and americans being the least insured and least healthy people in the first world

sorry for the bad vibes

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Homeless Friend posted:

Counterpoint for large swathes of america:
Lol doctors
Lol hospitals
Lol icu beds
Lol insurance

nice 1-2 punch baby

:respek:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

better until the resulting superhurricanes you mean

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

jack_nicholson_nodding

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

ayyy whadayagonnado, ya gotta take a shot from time to time

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
1200 deaths in the past 24 hours. yikes

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

shovelbum posted:

The red states are going to be at a huge economic advantage after this right, bc they're heartless enough to just dismiss the corpse piles but a blue state would break down if you tried to speedrun

the red states have very few major hospitals and many of the smaller regional facilities have gone under in the last 10 years. I think the rural regions will be at least as badly affected, it'll just be a slower burn

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
my anti-gun wife is suddenly warming up to the idea of buying a weapon. Definitely would get a rifle over a pistol for the lower chance of accident/suicide. Especially with our young kids in the house. Maybe a nice lil AR15 carbine

I promise I'll never go Full TGR. I swear on my life

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

IAMKOREA posted:

so that you can murder your neighbors? like your wife isn't planning on using guns for good (killing cops), right? lol americans are so loving weird

if the virus hits our neighborhood we can magdump into th sky and hopefully take some of the viruses down

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
plinking targets with a 22 is very cool and good and relaxing and I recommend it highly

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

NofrikinfuN posted:

its also the most abundant ammo and capable of hunting small game so unless your only goal is to murder people as efficiently as possible, its probably the best combination of utility and deterrent

yeah a Ruger 10/22 is probably the Correct choice for price/utility. AR15 is probably overkill if I'm being honest with myself

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Lambert posted:

Americans and their weird love affair with spending money on useless guns instead of something useful in a crisis on full display here.

buddy, I'm working neverending overtime keeping the power grid afloat while several silos of my coworkers have already been compromised and quarantined at home for 14 days. I'm just shitposting and thinking about stuff to buy while I'm stuck at work for 60-70 hours a week

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

U-DO Burger posted:

i wore a mask while shopping and it made it slightly more difficult to see what i was doing, 2/10 would not wear a mask again

N95 masks are annoying, but if you've never worn a fitted full face respirator, let me tell you you'll be ready to rip it off in 30 minutes

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Vishass posted:

my uncle who worked at nintendo has passed away from coronavirus

he was the one who programmed it so if you plugged in the lightgun while playing Punch Out! you could shoot Mike Tyson and he would die

ahhh gently caress, really sorry man, he was my idol too

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

no thread is safe from the perennial "22lr for defense" round derail

ok pick a new shitpost topic, im not choosy

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

if young luke had had a 22lr for defense, obiwan would still be with us today

forget the hokey religion and ancient weapons

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

did Pelosi really look at the looming catastrophe that is about to befall a hundred million people because of the pathetic response from both parties and advise everybody to live, laugh, and love? am I going insane?

she did, and you are. welcome, brother

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Dreylad posted:

he's the best of us that came out of these forums.

you would both be correct except you forgot the Actual GOAT

dril, obviously

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

do you ever get distracted and completely forget about the pandemic and feel like everything everything is normal for a little while? and then you remember that there is a pandemic and you start feeling terrible and freaking out?

no because I'm constantly Posting and refreshing 4 different data trackers, like a normal person

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

lmao classic prank

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

:kiss:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Owned

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

agreed, this is very lol

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Gum posted:

Anyone remember that Joe biden guy? Wonder what he's up to these days

who?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
https://ibb.co/wQ7zSMg

Nice

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

:wtc: another FIVE HUNDRED since I posted this?? jfc

I'm seeing 7400 now

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Florida is going to erupt

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

this is my local news channel :sad:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Bulgakov posted:

lol thats great and i choose to believe its 100% real

https://twitter.com/abbyhoward26/status/1246071763714236416?s=19

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
lotta chuds clinging to "the annual flu still kills way more people and nobody panics" which will be extremely hilarious in another week or two

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

This is too long to screenshot and post, so please enjoy laughing your dick and balls off at a dumb gently caress who called this a leftist hoax to smear blessed god emperor Trump and then died... like a dog.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158108220505789&id=701945788

A+ very Pro Click

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Zyme posted:

yeah thats the total deaths (cum deaths), not the rate of dieing though. its been about 1k per day for a few days. maybe like 900, 1100, 1200 really so a little increase but not like when it went from 400 per day to 1000 per day in 3 days earlier. the cum deaths are looking more linear now rather than an exponential increase. if we get to a point where the number of deaths/new cases per day stays the same for a while then it means that the trend has shifted from exponential to something not exponential, which would be important. i certainly don't think we're there yet but i am also intrigued that we haven't seen 2k deaths per day.

it is almost certainly because of a lack of testing/counting/noticing rather than being indicative of things not getting worse as fast, but still..

It's 100% the testing rate. When testing is carried out, the positive rate is still increasing. That's how you know things are still getting worse beneath the surface. Good luck explaining this to the chuds though

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

perfection :kiss:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Zyme posted:

watching this made me realize that i will never again be able to watch a video on the internet without anticipating the appropriately timed cut to pallbearers dancing while carrying a casket

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Devon_OnEarth/status/1246919921755455494?s=19

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

the hero and savior of 2020 has arrived with only seconds to spare

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000