Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Did you know

Trump...RESIGNED

...April Fool's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

:eyepop:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I've been working overtime and then some for the past couple weeks. When I go home, I sometimes get paralyzed with what to do to pass time. Then I get anxiety that I'm wasting time with either doing nothing or something not fun.

Animal Crossing is nice for a couple hours. Maybe I'll try creative writing of a tabletop campaign or something to keep my head out of this weird reality.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It is the end of April. The death rate had suddenly exploded to ten thousand a day. Society begins to unravel. We see a man throwing a cinderblock through a glass window and stealing flatscreen TVs. One is still plugged in, showing our great President explaining that a million dead by the end of the outbreak is a 'phenomenal goal' and 'the best goal we can ever achieve'. Another man checks his phone, seeing Bill Mitchell explaining that communism killed 100 million and that this pandemic is not the worst thing in the world. He throws it in a fit of rage, striking the looker in the back by mistake. The looter stops and turns. They both go still and stare each other in the eyes, the cacophony of anarchy grows deafening.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

lmao if the big one hits Los Angeles because Trump will just let them all die

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

So I guess the next plague is hailing fire, then.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Jon Irenicus posted:

I'm assuming Yellowstone popping off would legitimately be the end of North America, right?

It'd be the end of humanity, too.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I remember running a Don't Starve Together server with school friends for a couple months. It was fun. I liked playing Wolfgang.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

https://twitter.com/shaneharris/status/1245150576033370114
things going well in the greatest healthcare system in the world

Hey remember our 1% death rate well GUESS WHAT

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Jon Irenicus posted:

oh cool good to know, and think about now, constantly

If Yellowstone were to go, we'd probably get more noticable earthquakes.

Anything below 4.0 is hard to feel for unless you sat very still and paid attention to stuff slowly rocking around. You could fart on the floor and the vibration could beat a 2.0

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

:crnasickos: but with ash

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

One day, more people in NYC will die from roni a day than in 9/11 but this time our President doesn't give a poo poo of New York

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Stereotype posted:

we are 10 or 11 days from there it looks like

You mean 9-11

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Whenever China did lie and this virus is way worse than expected or it turns out to be bunk and American pundits try to push these rumors to keep America from being seen as the biggest failure, April going to be fun

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Durf posted:

ah yes, the original Tiger King

Thug Life

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

D1E posted:

Trump was distracted by impeachment so he wasn't on his usual A-game for the global death pandemic is gonna be a chud talking point.

lmao when Trump loves to dickwag whenever things go his way but will say it actually stressed him out (it probably did but who knows)

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Paramemetic posted:

In the US, it's still March

March marches on

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

MoaM posted:

trump is just waiting for this to blow over so he can concentrate on more pressing issues: mexican immigrants and facetiming Putin

What's stopping him from doing both as we speak?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

ArmZ posted:

how many 9/11s are we at? we have to invade 2 new countries for each 9/11.

Oil's cheap.

Let's invade Alaska.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Surely Bannon or Miller are gonna infected soon

Isn't Bannon in Italy or did he leave after his weird racist compound got chased out by angry citizens?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Chuka Umana posted:

literally all the people you hate will not get this

:hmmyes:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I wonder what's going to be the thing that breaks me in all of this: my empathy for the patients and hospital staff during this outbreak, the slowly dawning realization that family/friends/coworkers could get the roni and die, the eventual future where this pandemic ends and it gets revised by the media as 'not a big deal', or getting the roni.

Bets on getting the roni.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

MoaM posted:

combo of last thing and second thing

Always bet on 19... :smith:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Stereotype posted:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1245164928207642624?s=20

The right literally cannot comprehend a universe in which China did something better than the USA and so they've completely convinced themselves that actually the Chinese are lying and their whole country is dead, just like ours is about to be.

Jack doesn't care about numbers unless it's 1488 dead.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

The survivorship bias after all of this is going to be obnoxious as gently caress

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

D1E posted:

How the gently caress do hospitals get off on firing physicians and nurses and other healthcate workers DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC for telling the TRUTH about their lovely stocks of PPE and stupid hospital administrative policies?

MURICA. Best health care in the world baby!

If we want to be better than China, then we gotta fire more people for making us look bad than China

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

100k a day before the weekend is out?

I don't know anymore.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Raiad posted:

my mind is saying lol, but my body is saying ohshitohshitohshit if i am correctly interpreting my constantly shaking hands, inability to concentrate and tendency to spiral into a giant meltdown whenever even the slightest setback comes up

I think the one thing keeping me going is that nobody close to me has gotten the virus yet. I feel like that will change soon.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Fat Lowtax posted:

Boring rear end gavin newsom gonna become a "great man of history," let's goooooooo

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1245213846999986177

Newsom is gonna become next week's talk and gather enough attention for Biden's VP talks.

Better than Cuomo but meh...

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I am glad I have today off because I don't want to deal with lovely April Fool's jokes by coworkers.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

1 day of new data and already this model doesn't seem believable

That peak will move to May and then we'll all be screaming for mercy at the end of April.

But it won't be over.

It's never over.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewKirell/status/1245381480668368897
went to cover the initial outbreak in new rochelle, then drove back home to long island and immediately threw a 90th birthday party for her mother and invited all her elderly church friends, three of who have now died, jfc

These assholes don't actually give a poo poo about this thing until it directly effects them.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

911 times a thousand

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

The stupidest thing about these lockdowns and stay-at-homes is how many people still go 'gently caress you cause you can't tell me what to do' and governors are probably really itching to declare martial law but that would freak the poo poo out of everyone (and look bad/good for Trump)

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Der Meister posted:

how the gently caress is netanyahu still PM trump has a knock off anti mattering shield compared to that mf

He was supposed to be indicted for corruption but the pandemic cause that to be delayed (as in 'it will never happen now')

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

loving lol I just talked to somebody whose going on the USS Mercy. No active testing of inflow, they're being told to bring two weeks of clothing and will be locked into the wards/rooms or w/e for that duration. Where members have their areas and they can't travel around. They didn't mention any ppe and said they'd have to wash clothes in sinks lmfao.

USS No Mercy

...I'm sorry. :(

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

The search for quick cures is adding more gasoline to the fire and the smoke can only rise higher.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I feel like red governors and blue governors are trying to hold a staring contest on who's going to blink first and declare martial law to try to contain the roni in their state.

Even if they did, it'd probably be disorganized as poo poo.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I work retail so I'm kind of stuck having to be aware of the roni because of the rationings and the routine cleaning we have to do now. I feel like I'd be better off staying home in quarantine with my beans/rice and just lounge around with a book or the Switch. I noticed I've been getting more tired even after having a couple days off and just resting at home. Stressful poo poo, all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Inceltown posted:

This is thread related because Australia has the roni and the video is from Australia

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1245995715010027521/pu/vid/640x352/XjWvy6ESRrn-GZ6I.mp4

I thought for a moment this was one of those bad indie horror movies where an angry 3D model punches people.