Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
what a great apirl fools ha ha ha jokes on everyone the plague was just made up lol!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Turdfuzz posted:

so corona threads are the new trump threads which were the new USPOL threads

just gas this thread if it truly becomes the new trump thread

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Radirot posted:

I hope everyone's day is ok.

after putting my starter in the oven with the light on for the past couple of days it's finally starting to rise! it's been an exciting day because of that, because I should be ready to make bread in a day or so

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the florida governor doesn't want the plagueship to dismebark but trump says he's gonna let it do it lol my uncle's life depends on trump's goodwill jesus christ

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

getfiscal is the GOAT and i don't even think it's particularly close

he's the best of us that came out of these forums.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

twoday posted:

do you ever get distracted and completely forget about the pandemic and feel like everything everything is normal for a little while? and then you remember that there is a pandemic and you start feeling terrible and freaking out?

yeah when I drive up to a farm to pick up some eggs. there's some new lambs wandering about with their moms, some cows enjoying the sun in the pasture. they don't give a gently caress :unsmith:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

sum posted:

Every leftist gun own covers it with the same dumbass Karl Marx quote from the 1850s and appeals to Mao or whoever but 90% of the time they're some white collar middle class dumbass and 100% of the time they're cosplayers not actually serious about shooting cops and certainly not serious about organizing an actual loving insurgency.

i'd hope no one is actually seriously talking about those things because running an insurgency requires knowledge of asymmetrical warfare and survival, not owning a firearm.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Sharkie posted:

Yeah i'm starting to think no one will ever get those checks lol. Three months from now there'll be some new issue about how the irs is "reviewing guidance and developing procedures" or some bs and the checks will be delayed another 6 months. Then delayed again. In the end a few people making like 70k who have extensive experience dealing with the irs may end up getting them but basically. Those checks ain't coming lol.

no cheques, no wal-mart drivethrus, no miracle drug. trump is incredible.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Inceltown posted:

Nursing homes are so hosed and it's hard to think of a way they could possibly be unfucked.

Stay safe mumma plinkey.

the upside is good ones will have pretty good quarantine protocols. the downside is a lot of nursing homes are really bad

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
:siren: plagueship has docked in florida :siren:

the wapo has an "oral history" this whole thing is surreal

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
congratulations on getting plague-fueled public healthcare america

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
to be fair there's a decent chance trump never pulls his "pay for everyone's healthcare" plan together and shits the bed like he has with pretty much everything else he's talked about

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

l m a o

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yeah. It got into a nursing home in Ontario and has killed 20 people so far. There's been 67 deaths in Ontario total so that's a horrific number for us.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
my uncle survived plagueship 2020 and is home in self-quarantine, all thanks to TRUMP

this is the final update of plagueship uncle

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

twoday posted:

wow sounds bad

ive been spreading the Word of our most holy and venerated BCG vaccine and then have to walk it back some when people leap on it like some kind of miracle cure lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
my brain is really broken because every time I see the death total I immediately think of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcRCZmTKqW8

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i wonder if trump will ever learn about supply chains when he does stuff like try to stop 3M from exporting masks to canada

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
sweden has decided not to do any kind of lockdown huh. I guess we'll see what no lockdown looks like after all.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
learned a fun fact about the pulp mill that supplies 3M in the states with the pulp needed for the N95 masks: they're worker owned after the employees and local investors bought out the previous owners when after 2008.

https://www.timescolonist.com/business/harmac-mill-is-thriving-decade-after-rescue-by-its-employees-1.23426829

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Cowpocalypse posted:

Having a high IQ doesn't automatically mean you make good decisions or have leadership skills.

there is some data that links high IQ people to higher rates of depression and suicide though, perfect for a situation like this

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

if I had more skill at this stuff I'd do one of these with the video of dr. oz telling people to wear red bandanas over their face

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
beware my Handgonne, knave

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

now that I realize that there's no end to this one-upping of the american president saying insane poo poo i'm just going to enjoy the ride from here until november 2024 and probably beyond that

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
im hoping we get some plague shanties out of this at the very least

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

sullat posted:

No, Lowtax is trying to get into the mainland market so we don't mention the T word.

the island of Formosa then

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I probably wouldn't eat as many beans without my pressure cooker. I love it so much.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah for me it's not that I'm particularly worried about decorum but more that goons end up dialing everything to 11 and can't control their death gloats without ending up being completely insane

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 07:09 on Apr 5, 2020

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

do you use dry beans in this thing or what

yeah, you can simulate a soak by putting them in with about 2 cups of water per cup of beans for 1 minute on high pressure, do a manual release then cook as you would normally.

So I do 1 minute high pressure, manual release, drain, rinse, then put the beans back in with 3 cups water per 1 cup of bean or so for 8 minutes (if they're black or pinto beans) high pressure, then a natural release. I like adding a bit of oil, a bay leaf, and half an onion to the second pressure cook.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

CODChimera posted:

We are all going to die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlbnMnv1u88

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Venom Snake posted:

just dropped a coffee on my keyboard so as i considering letting corona take and kill me does anyone have mechanical keyboard recommendations

my dad put his in the dishwasher.

im not kidding

he said it started working after a few days lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
in the interest of thread unity here's some disgusting animals who refuse to physical distance

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Bar Ran Dun posted:

lol it just occurred to me the loving snow birds are going to head home like starting now, season is ending folks they are coming back to your communities (and Canada)

in canada they made them all have to self-isolate or they go to quarantine jail

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

CPA Hell posted:

just want to report that chili con carne using this recipe I got from the thread was delicious and and hit everyone in the household.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/01/pressure-cooker-chile-con-carne-texas-red-chili-recipe.html

i'm always down for new pressure cooker recipes.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Zyme posted:

im hearing increasing rumors that the novel coronavirus, the virus that causes COVID-19, has begun feasting on the rear end and balls of its hosts. not sure what to make of these rumors, and medical expert goons ITT care to weigh in?

ah, the taint reaping has arrived

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

triple sulk posted:

season one owned and the the second sucked and i stopped caring

no way season 2 was great

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Sphyre posted:

the third season was good. ewan mcgregor did nothing wrong

his american accent was bad though, and honestly i couldn't really push through the first episode to care about that season

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

the entire thing is like a perfect metaphor for reaganomics. mike's big promotion in the crime world to a normal looking 9-5 with a 401k is perfect

yeah. every part of it is great, from the psychopathy of self-improvement to bruce campbell's reagan.

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

its 10000% worth going back to it. the villain is the embodiment of neoliberalism and it rules

I gotta give it another shot then, I love the show just for some reason I couldn't get into season 3 the first time round.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Yeah the spread in the US is going to be rough because the places that shut down first will get over the hump by the end of this month but elsewhere it's going to pick up and if movement isn't limited enough it'll just resurge back in the places that have already had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

kopasetic posted:

lol if you think doctors are handwriting orders anywhere but the most rural hospital in TYOOL 2020

my mother in law is a medical transcriptionist and they've been telling her for the last 20 years that she's going to get replaced by automation, she retired about 5 years ago and is still working because they still need her to train new transcriptionists

also her pay is poo poo even in ontario's public healthcare system, and of course she's an essential worker