Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

3,901 US deaths, getting closer to 4,000 than I expected today

we still have a few hours left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Sab0921 posted:

Optismistic post.

Washington and CA seem to have had success with bending their curves. Texas does not have a widespread epidemic right now and growth of confirmed cases and atypical are not exponential.

NYC, NOLA, Detroit and Florida seem hosed though.

The good news is it seems like quarantines work, but on a 3 week lag - April will suck, but it will get better.

really looking forward to spending many more months on quarantine because of other states dragging their asses on mitigation measures

this will 100% end up in a situation where the country is a patchwork of places that should be past the curve versus places with raging outbreaks ready to spread to anywhere that loosens restrictions

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

didn't he literally run off to to his private estate with a harem of women as soon as things started heating up

no no it's a hotel in germany(?) so i'd imagine people are even more pissed for him to be sequestered abroad

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Jonny 290 posted:

new thread title is immensely evocative and terrifying. excellent work

i'm not ready for a thread title to make me feel like this

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

love to read horrifying graphs in the logarithmic scale so my baby brain doesn't grapple with the nightmare

slope goes down so this is gonna be ok right guys :unsmith:

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Mayor Dave posted:

So our warehouse has been shipping for the last two weeks because the CEO decided that we qualified as essential (we definitely aren't) and today I found out that most of our senior management believe it's either a hoax or a Chinese bioweapon
there's a stunning amount of daylight between the halves of that either/or clause

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

lol I just had the most grand realization today.

Wuhan brought the R0 from something like 3 to 0.3. They got it way loving under 1. Exponential processes work the same way on the decay side as on the explosion side; a number like 0.3 is a total fire extinguisher.

But what is America going to do? We're going to loving wreck the economy while a significant lack of individual cooperation keeps the R0 at something like 1.2.

The growth rate will be the perfect size where we stay overwhelmed and flailing, but things keep slowly worsening as we slowly slide to herd immunity. It will last exceedingly long, like slowly pulling the band-aid off to cause as much pain as possible.

lmao

welcome to the party

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

make big ben bong for bojo burial

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

hellban chipndip together with shovelbum (sorry) so they're the only ones that can see each other's posts and can continue to freak the gently caress out egging each other on with diametric opposite reactions to stuff

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

shovelbum posted:

I'm not really freaking out I'm just saying we could ruin the USA in a bad way that fucks over the workers long term if we reopen without understanding the nature of the disease

nothing personal it's just the optimal juxtaposition

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

ChipNDip posted:

We do know that being a hermit indefinitely is very, very bad for your health in a lot of ways. Dooming a large % of 300 million to chronic health issues is definitely more humane than a couple thousand potentially dieing, yes, I agree :v:

incredible math here

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

made some black beans the other day with rice and canned salmon, punched it up with goya seasoning, v. good

who else ITT is enjoying the nutritious benefits of beans in these troubled times

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

ChipNDip posted:

That's all I'm arguing for, but people ITT think I'm some astroturfed CHUD

not so, i genuinely believe you're this dense

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

facetoucher cat posted:

I made a bacon fat Italian vinaigrette with chopped garlic fried in the bacon fat before I used it in the vinaigrette then put it in whole wheat rotini with a drained can of chopped tomatoes then crumbled all the bacon I fried up into it and I'm cooking up a pot of cannellini beans to put into it then I'm going to chill it for a little bit and shave some parmesan cheese on it

I love me some beans

wish i'd thought to stock up on cannellini :sigh:

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Spoondick posted:

should go well with oats then

i googled this and now i'm staring mournfully at my enormous quaker instant oatmeal quarantine stash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.