Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Second page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pence gets two cards :kiddo:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

So Bad Boys for Life is the number 1 movie of 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245284292286169088?s=19

Deaths in Spain have crossed 9,000.

Edit: wrong tweet

:lol: The US is now 1/3 of all new cases

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Woofer posted:

A friend of mine had a seizure, fell on the metro rail and got hit by a goddamn metro train and they took her out of network and stuck her with over $10k in hospital bills.

When she came to she was a bloody mess with her face all mangled and she screamed at them to not take her to the hospital.

American healthcare y’all

I think there's some notorious hospital in LA that is in no networks yet has most of the admissions

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LimburgLimbo posted:

Are there nationalized health care schemes that dictate what hospital you have to go to even

My roommate had surgery last year and there was a hick-up in transition out of the hospital to extended care, and that's when we discovered it's up to the ambulance driver. She had called ahead and the hospital was expecting here, but the ambulance driver flat out refused to take her there. Instead he took her to the shittiest hospital in the region, and kicked off two weeks of hell.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

NofrikinfuN posted:

I imagine the driver gets a bounty for each person he drags to the lovely hospital.

That's exactly what I was thinking too.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Oh, that's fun, the intern in the cube next to me has no inside voice, so I just got to hear half of his phone conversation, about how bored he got and had friends over to drink.

Seriously, how do people fail at social distancing that hard?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LimburgLimbo posted:

What country is this?

USA! USA! USA!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

alphabettitouretti posted:

How do you get bored in tyool 2020? There's books, movies, games, hobbies...oh, and the entire fuckin internet. Imagine if this had happened in the 80s or 70s, or any other decade where you didn't have everything the internet can offer.

Texting some of my friends/acquaintances has shown me that most people don't think like that. They're apparently climbing the walls being stuck at home. I'm sitting here jealous that even working from home they have time to do things. Apparently they get their thrills from going to another box to sit all day for work.

I would be doing a lot better at just flat out cooking if I could WFH. The hours at my current job just sap me for motivation to cook most week nights because it just sucks leaving at 6:30 and getting home at 5. I'd be a beast by the time this was over, just by being able to just chop vegetables, or put the crock pot on at noon, or what have you.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shovelbum posted:

So our social distancing is by the numbers not doing anything, 20% need hospital, the hospitals are full, and 80% will be infected. 20% of 80% of the US population is 50M dead, why is no one talking about this

I am, because it owns

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/WLWT/status/1245367584117198849?s=20

:lol:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

20 Blunts posted:

saw some "new reality" bullshit at the grocery store yesterday: loving nitrile gloves strewn about the exit doors, just feet away from a mostly empty trash can. lost my giving a gently caress for humanity for a second

I've seen that too, I assume they're not removed properly either.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/DanielleB104/status/1245186965101780999

It's gonna be like this every day until the end of the year

The end of TYOOL 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Poniard posted:

i only listen to doctors when they tell me to clean my rear end because i love to clean my rear end

Wow, you're super gay

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

YW :biglips:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shovelbum posted:

Cemeteries aren't like industrial sites, they're pretty easily remediated down the line.

Cincinnati Music Hall was built on top of a graveyard for orphans

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cool! 30,535,288 dead!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Taintrunner posted:

baaahahahaha that was the one I was thinking of. Jesus loving Christ

pathetic

Why did he have CPAP machines on hand?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Atlantic Rim-Job

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Boxman posted:

He tweeted he bought 'em from China.

For some reason I thought he had them in storage for some reason.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lawman 0 posted:

century of humiliation

We're not owned! We insist as we slowly transform into a wasteland.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mummy Xzibit posted:

America is loving trash.

:hai:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hell yeah! That's why I have a face shield

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dustcat posted:

if trump gets a second term, that $1200 is getting clawed back next tax year

Unless Bernie Sanders is elected, it's getting clawed back

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Cats are good, unlike dogs

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My cat will go out on the balcony with me. She helped me plant my beans yesterday :3:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Siljmonster posted:

Captain Triiiiiiips

Captain Trumps.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lacrosse posted:

Maybe this is me running out of energy to care, but if these idiots want to Rapture themselves so badly I'm ready to say 'let em'

Yeah, but they also go to the grocery store

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

snoo posted:

aerogarden is pretty nice for herbs

Hell yeah, mine is a jungle.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

snoo posted:

absolutely

i lost my basil seeds somewhere but i'm doing some spinach, lettuces and dill :woop: basil will grow like mad

I can't even use all the basil coming off of mine. Sadly the mint starter that came with mine couldn't really compete with everyone else :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

snoo posted:

:smith: i know what you mean

of the pods that came with mine originally, i lost the dill and mint pretty quick and was just stuck with two types of basil i would never ever use that much of :whitewater:

The mint is still struggling along, but it's not really viable. I'll find a straggler with a few leaves on it.

I failed hard at keeping the dill trimmed, and the main trunk is nearing 1/2" in diameter

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:hmmorks:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I watched Akira the other day.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I went to school with someone who was a groundskeeper at the cemetery where Jimi Hendrix is burred, they bury paupers and unknown/unclaimed people in cardboard coffins all the loving time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

charity rereg posted:

in general i have found that most people's idea of quarantine/social distancing just kind of blanks over & exempts the numerous times they regularly break quarantine.

like we only leave for groceries (havent in 2+ weeks), walks in a totally empty graveyard near our house... and that's about it. I think we're due for a grocery run early next week just to freshen up, and we could 100% last another week if we had to for sure.

but i talk to people and quarantine includes: going to their family's second house on cape cod (and back), running out to the liquor store, a few trips to CVS "for snacks," this morning there were 2 guys working without masks raking leaves on town property right behind my house.

I've noticed this too. I go to work half of the time now, and in general attempt to make a single supply run each week.

One of the families in my hallway seem to always be going somewhere or having people over, and there are always loving kids playing on the stairs.

The people at work aren't much better, it seems like a lot of them are out having get togethers, but they're at someone's home because everywhere else is closed.

I saw a bunch of PPE right after Ohio shut everything down, but last week I saw nothing but a few gloves and some guy that was slathering on disinfectant before entering a store.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sneak Lemming posted:

Its like a miracle, it will just be gone one day (from the sunlight)

Turns out that Corona-Chan works with vampire rules.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm a powerful owl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That rules!