Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
3906 deaths in the USA! we're almost there! we can do it! USA! USA!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
reposting for the new thread, offended it's not in the OP

Only registered members can see post attachments!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

still a few hours to go, too.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

people are getting used to the new number of deaths every day but at some point i assume they will be shocked again

when someone they know, not just a few people removed kind of know, but really know and see frequently, dies, a lot of people will suddenly, at long last, have their bubble burst

we'll reach saturation of everyone everywhere knowing someone who died from coronavirus after a couple million I guess

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the next week is gonna be super hosed up, as am I, constantly, the whole time.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

Yrump is spooked and gonna resign.

Then poo poo all over Pence all day on Twitter.

Watch.

him saying the next two weeks are gonna be painful kinda wigged me out, like, wait, the horror of what is about to happen got through to HIM? gently caress, we're hosed, we're loving absolutely hosed

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can't wait to see president pissbaby whining about how he's being treated in the media and saying that it's those dead peoples' fault for not taking the precautions he suggested, which were the best precautions, everyone congratulated him on them and told him 'wow, sir, you're so good at this, we didn't know you were good at this,' and he heard that there's a lot of people that would have died anyway and just happened to have coronavirus were being counted, and perhaps that should be looked into, because maybe it's a plot to hurt the president and that isn't right, I don't know it's just something he heard, maybe we should look into it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i got a bottle of pinneapple-jalapeno tequila on a whim and it's super weird

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

I think this one is a loss edit, but I’m not sure. They’re so abstract these days.

redo it to where he can't see her or be near her while she dies

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there's a pretty decent chance at least a couple posters in this thread are gonna die of the roni. be sure to send us messages from the other side bois

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xepherra posted:

whatup nite crew it’s ya girl. I’m here to be drunk and :justpost: because I’m an EMT and probably gonna get sick maybe gonna die.

One of my coworkers died of COVID19 complications yesterday, age 33. We have another EMT on a ventilator, he’s 25 years old.

Now that I’ve got the vodka in me all I wanna do is make noise so here we are. I’ve been off for a few days but going back to work tomorrow night and EVERYTHING IS FINE :tif:

My special request post mortem is for people to blow some poo poo up and build a guillotine tia.

you’re the Bernie button guy, right? can I PM you about making a custom button?

Hell yea, anytime, I don't have poo poo else to do!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sometimes I just suddenly remember that right now in new y ork and in a bunch of other places, unspeakable horror and suffering is happening and like shitloads of people are dying right this very second. and then I rip the bong again. yeeeete

this poo poo sure sucks

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Apraxin posted:

governor potato has also apparently just realized that cornavirus cannot be defeated by prayer alone
https://twitter.com/WLOX/status/1245450702111023105

quote:

“Every day, for the last several weeks, I have asked our health experts whether it is time for the ultimate action of a shelter-in-place order statewide,” Reeves said. “Yesterday, for the first time, we got the answer we had been anticipating. They told me we are now at the point in Mississippi’s cycle where such drastic restrictions are required. Today is the day. We are announcing a shelter-in-place order.”

Read more here: https://www.sunherald.com/news/coro...o#storylink=cpy

I love how he has to act like he's been just waiting, waiting, waiting for the right moment, rather than being screamed at by all sides from everywhere in the world that he needs to do this. It's far far far too late now, and tens of thousands of MS residents are going to die that didn't need to if he had done the right thing. But of course he's already begun the blame-shifting process by claiming he's been asking health experts every day about it. No you loving haven't, Tate, nobody loving believes you.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol still childishly, pathetically clinging to this '200k' figure as we woosh by 1,000 deaths a day at the very very bottom of the left side of the bell curve

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trump took a gamble by ignoring what all the experts were screaming at him to do what happened to coincide with his own personal interests. Those interests didn't, of course, in any way factor into it, it's just a crazy wild coincidence

Koirhor posted:

lol you asses worrying about your loving cats. what happens to my son if we both die.

I just want you to know, if I was ever forced to choose between saving my cats and your kid, I would absolutely choose my cats.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

The math of 20% dead without treatment including young people and America completely failing at social distancing is terrifying me to the point I can't even get out of bed in the morning, no one seems to be afraid enough at all even in here

this is how I feel about it too but I don't want to freak my wife out by freaking out so I keep a lid on it externally, I think a lot of people still have not grasped that they, personally, are going to be traumatized horribly by this, at the very LEAST emotionally. there's just a gnawing pit in my stomach when I think about it too much. When I have had to go out I can't help but look around me in horror at all the people who seem utterly unconcerned. I live in south MS, so there's a lot of republicans here who are mostly annoyed that they're having to change anything for something they seem to think is mostly a problem for other people. meanwhile wal mart is like cleaned the gently caress out. but corner market and the asian markets are pretty much fully stocked like a couple blocks away.

the apocalypse is so much more confusing and banal than I expected it to be, so far

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

I wish I could play animal crossing. Not really sure what u do but it sounds cool

you just vibe

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"Ok, I've got an idea. This one's a great idea. One of the best. People will say, 'sir, that was -that was a great idea. Sir I haven't seen an idea-haver like you before.' They'll say that. The idea - folks, I remember an idea I had that they didn't like, it was called, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, yea, you all remember that one, right? - the idea....we have all these sick people. They're sick - not sick like Schumer sick, or Pelosi sick.no, sick in the bodies, not sick in the MIND - so these sick people, there's a lot of them. People are saying, what are we gonna do? What are we gonna do? They're saying to me....well, we have these programs, they're usually just for some people, called Medicare....the Democrats wanted to cut it, but I said no! I said, maybe we can open that up. We can call it 'Medicare but for ALL'?'

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jesus, this is a rough one

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i bet the us is already at 10,000+ dead a day and we just aren't counting them properly because TORNUPMP

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"I'm working on my quarantine bod, ha-haaaaa," I say for the 7th time today, as I shove calorie #4,000 for the day into my mouth at 4 PM

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zeno-25 posted:

Your waistline is lucky if you don't find relief in the reliable numbing that alcohol provides tbh

I kinda want to post my drugs + alcohol coronastash and get others to do the same but that might be too TCC for thist hread

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Delthalaz posted:

I am gaining weight at an alarming rate by eating tons of carbs every day and not leaving the house. It's a pretty enjoyable experience since I normally don't eat bread or white rice and now I'm going through loads, but I wish healthier food was easier to stockpile.

getting fat as gently caress is a sign you're respecting the coronavirus guidelines and is therefore now sexy as gently caress

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It's hilarious how they've clearly drilled '1. 2. 3.' answers into joe so he can survive these types of interviews and he still barely gets through them without eating a handful of his own poo poo

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

there are seriously just about constant sirens outside. I had kinda noticed more in that last week or so (hard to say, you don’t really notice or remember them normally), but seriously today, it’s every couple of minutes I can hear one

windows are open today, like most days.

queens

I live two blocks from a hospital in mississippi and have begun to hear sirens more frequently than usual. Kind of assuming it's gonna become a trend in the near future

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NofrikinfuN posted:

now do one with the us flag high-fiving florida and new york flags

Only registered members can see post attachments!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is the most ghoulish poo poo I have ever seen in my entire life and that is saying a lot

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkie posted:

i am so sad.

sometimes i think about this and i just get so, so sad.

Hi I'm tghe scap doctorr anDI rprescribe you one CRACK and one PING to b taken RIGH TNOW bitch

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if I was able to just completely turn off my understanding of how much privilege I have, and how much horrible poo poo is going on, and how terrible it all is, I could really chill back and kick bback and relax during all this

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

yeah i have a big backlog of Switch poo poo I want to play along with rdr2 and yakuza 0 and other stuff, but i just haven't been in the mood for games at all the last couple of months. i thought maybe i'd get a lot time in this quarantine to just pop edibles every day and kickback, but alas--not at all. it doesn't help i'm stressing about work and how unproductive i am with several reports to do that i keep putting off and telling people it's coming, because i have just been having foggy-brained malaise ADHD state the last 4 weeks, part of that was being sick, part of it is i'm just not good at wfh since i have a small apartment with my desk next to bed instead of an office, and part of it is just :effort:

mississippi finally has a shelter in place order going into effect tomorrow(lol, lmao, hahaha rofl we're all gonna die) so that means my wife's store(the bong store, she is the manager of the bong store) is finally, at long last, gonna close down. it's nice that she has one more full paycheck coming but like holy poo poo please stop interacting with the public. I have most of an ounce of weed that I am requiring her to smoke, and got her a switch lite with animal crossing a couple days ago. I am determined to make this the best staycation ever for my wife, who is extremely hardworking and deserves a vacation and if it has to be with the backdrop of civilization being destroyed or whatever then so be it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Holy loving :trumpop:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Apraxin posted:

lol new zealand health minister david clark had to apologize to the country because he violated lockdown by driving his van to a remote park and going mountain biking, and a member of the public saw it from a distance and reported it to the press

if you're wondering 'but how did they know it was health minister david clark if they only saw it from a distance?':

lmao

[squirrly, monotone new zealander voice] I guess I just didn't think to drive the car that didn't have my face and name prominently featured on it,

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol yeah TN Governor mandated stay at home today and the traffic didn't change at all. "Guys this is super serious, only essential jobs are open" *looks at list of essential jobs which is basically a description of every job in the state* cool

here in MS our stay at home order goes into effect in 30 minutes, and this is CHUD central USA so a lot of people are going to either ignore it completely or openly flaunt it to signal which side of the culture war they're on

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Cool I'd love to know what information Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds has that Dr fauci doesn't

I feel like they must be being bribed or lobbied by rich people to keep businesses open as long as possible so some rich assholes can get a few more dollars in exchange for 10-20k extra deaths

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Dave posted:

Orange county did this, they issued a shelter in place order then took it back under pressure from businesses, it took the statewide order to get it done

that's nothing, here in MS a bunch of mayors including hte one of the town I live in all did stay at home/shelter in place type things. Governor tate reeves ordered them all reversed by executive order, and our statewide is finally going into effect in about 13 minutes.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

If the Democrats cannot weaponize Trump, the GOP, and right-wing media's own words, they will go down in history as the most ineffective opposition party in the history of opposition parties.

they're actually the most successful controlled opposition party in the history of controlled opposition parties

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crusader posted:

tonight's the first night in 3 weeks i've gotten high and holy hell have i missed this

lol, just lol if you haven't been crossfaded 24/7(including while asleep) for the last 3 continuous weeks

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

NYC, New Orleans, and Chicago are doubling deaths every three days, and this thing doesn't peak for another 2 weeks, right? I get that there's an unknown upper limit of covid vulnerable people, but even then if you told me that 100,000k people were going to die in those 3 cities alone I'd be skeptical, much less the entire loving country. Someone please explain to me why I'm wrong :(

you're wrong, it's going to be way, way way way more than 100,000 people in those 3 cities alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BULBASAUR posted:

lol if you think this will peak in 2 weeks

I really think the USA is just gonna let it run its course and kill however many it drat well wants to, we could probably bet to like 10-15 million dead because we're just so loving stupid and our leaders are game show hosts and grifters, but I get it, people really haven't comprehended or accepted how bad this really is, not by a long shot. but I get it because while I KNOW it's that bad and is going to be that bad my brain just won't stop gaslighting me about it and downplaying it in my own head, like, naaah it won't really be that bad. I don't know why that impulse is there, I know it's wrong, I imagine it must be normalcy bias, and if it's there for me when I'm actively going around doomsaying then it must be quite strong in those that give into it fully