Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Sharkie posted:

Supposedly they do. However, they don't qualify for UI so they don't get the unemployment bonus. The CARE act supposedly will allow them to qualify for UI but states are saying they're waiting on "guidance" from the department of labor on how to proceed before they implement it. I wouldn't bet on the guidance ever coming.

i convinced myself to apply in my state because it has the blurb about waiting for guidance from the labor department but also has a blurb that once they get guidance they would pay retroactively for denied claims that should have qualified. so if the guidance and money ever show up, seems like a good idea to get the claims in even if they're denied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

it seems equally likely it was a typo of GM, no way to know really

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

mastershakeman posted:

Did I totally misunderstand the Bernie unemployment benefits? Can't front like workers quit their certain infection jobs and get 600/week for the next 4 months?

the state unemployment offices determine who is eligible. the federal govt will allegedly give them $600/wk to distribute to everyone they approve, but many if not all are currently "awaiting guidance from the labor department" before they'll approve any claims for it

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Fallows posted:

Ive tried googling corona virus techno meme song but I can't find the name of the music, anyone help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLBBRuVDOo4

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

my liquor stores aren't doing curbside but their current process is the staff doesnt touch anything. you put the bottles on the counter with the barcodes facing them, you deal with the cardreader, they point you to some bags you can use then spray the cardreader and wipe it down

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Philosopher King posted:

Anything I should know so I don't accidentally kill it? Can I get the covid from it?

random home poo poo that can mysteriously kill birds are drafts from air conditioners/vents, fumes from some ovens on high heat (like 400+/cleaning cycles), and aerosols

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

most inapporpriate

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Korean Boomhauer posted:

montage of each variation of this tweet starting a couple months ago when it was "more people die of cars and u dont see us getting rid of car"

from now on its going to be the same tweet with the numbers inflated more, thats already 20k more than the CDC counted in 2018

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

yeah i guess and that might be their goal but each time they try these shows of force it backfires in their face - in charlottesville in 2017 and since. each time, it buoys these vaguely liberal, national-security associated types moreso than antifa or whatever. i think it's part of a strategy of tension.

it didn't really backfire for the bundy clan. i mean they got prosecuted for a while and that one supreme dumbass got himself shot but most of them walked, right?

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

shovelbum posted:

a lot of them have minor trump admin positions lmao

pretty sure i remember someone finding connections to the vegas sniper too, but it might be hard to avoid a bundy connection as a gun nut in nevada

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

i'm guessing if a black bloc showed up to intimidate the reopennc protesters they would be arrested for wearing masks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

shovelbum posted:

We're gonna get some strictly enforced mask bans aren't we

every time i see the pictures of the masked hospital workers blocking the chuds i remember all the people i've seen led out of confederate statue counterprotests for wearing a mask