Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
I am here for The World Applies Business Metrics to A Real Problem part 5, May.

Can't wait to see the real numbers published in 4 years and immediately side lined by some idpol bull poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Tricky, will testing pickup when the reality sinks into the most murcin brain? Or will numbers be even further surpressed due to the impending election??

Lol, 110,000.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

mycomancy posted:

Lol at all these people guessing in the low hundreds of thousands.

We're gonna get there in like 12 days.

Bet the US is already there. Buuut I went low hundos as testing is totally gonna get cut back now it's over and everything is OPENED. UP.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Is it "I'm in a derailed thread" or "I'm in derailed thread"?

All threads are derailed by default, so it's just itt

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

fosborb posted:

hey I heard NYC is considering decriminalizing mushroom, lol loving wild

The grifters who brought med cannabis to the mess it's currently in have been working psylocybin hard since the poo poo started hitting the fan last year.

Gotta keep that gravy train goooiiinnggggg

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Land of the not land of the home of the not home of

Or more Zen

Free:
Stay at home
Brave the afraid

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

spaceblancmange posted:

Everything and everyone at every level is so loving dumb. How the gently caress was Australia spared from this?

Seems to be

a) copy over NZ's shoulder
b) get lucky
c) leadership so embattled over the loving mess of the fire season they had to listen to experts

But don't worry! They're using this time to air dirty laundry and further gently caress over workers.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Woofer posted:

what the gently caress is a job agent

Under our leading neolib light we started a system where we privatised unemployment. So if you're unemployed a company gets paid to sit on their arse and talk condescendingly to you once every few months for 10 minutes.

Sometimes they make you attend a course on how to write a resume, or how to do airport baggage handling because there might be 3 of these jobs coming up?

What they don't do is:
Get you a job
Help get you a job
Support you

What they do is:
Collect millions per year from the government
Hire staff from the long-term unemployed pool and then don't train them to make the numbers look good
Let staff go quickly to churn the long term unemploymed pool to keep numbers good

It's a wonder of modern neoliberal government social services :blessed:

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
A lot of my white collar labour is posting, comrade :ussr:

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

No those guessers just understand that reporting metrics can be gamed!

I thought 110k was under selling the covering up that'd happen. Welp, mud on my face!

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

stephenthinkpad posted:

Microwave eggs ("hack the planet") is extremely easy. I don't make egg on the stove anymore.

OTHO, I have moved most of my regular microwave duties to my air fryer.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Sir Tonk posted:

im gonna win!

Ohohoh, but I have the power of FALSIFYING NUMBER DOWN on my side.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, it's easier on your brain then thinking.

Thinking Fast, Covid Grow

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

mastershakeman posted:

The definition of chud is someone you disagree with and you want to look down upon, and Aussies definitely fit that

Australia is absolutely chud, but also

Still rip us shortly, we're openin' 'er UP

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

shovelbum posted:

Why do people think reopening after a real lockdown is suicide? Like if you have any meaningful testing and tracing congratulations, you won, it will be extinct in a few months there.

It's not, but it'll creep back up and we'll be bouncing up and down for months. Just trying to be sympathetic.

Also, our track and trace effort was an app that simultaneously only stored data on the phone and had an AWS hosting element, while also needing to be on in the foreground to work properly. So, uh, yeah

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Whitlam posted:

That was definitely dumb but it's not the only track and trace effort, to be fair. Victoria alone has something like over 1000 people all up working in contact tracing and is still going to expand it further, I think. I mean I still think reopening now is dumb, but it's nowhere near comparable to the situation that the US or other countries are in.

Oh absolutely. Even Queensland is relatively all over it - the chud populations aren't really the issue, its the whole failed state thing I guess.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

May 25th Cum. Deaths Update

C-SPAM University Model vs Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

Christ, those books are so cooked the DEA is gonna be on em soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Inceltown posted:

Most people in this thread are pretty on top of how well the USA is handling the roni. Guess who's looking to get tips on how to follow in their footsteps? If you guessed Australia step up and collect your slave wages and roni package.

https://twitter.com/JoshFrydenberg/status/1266157585238855680

We've been the worst US vassal bootlicker state for fuckin ages. It's gunna kill us.