Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Science WHORE posted:

There was a graduation party and some boomer's birthday party on my block today. About 20 people at each event. We are so hosed, like, why do I even bother holing myself in my 20x30 right now. Also my bf is being sent back to work on the 5th. I haven't received unemployment since I applied over a month ago. Chuds are storming my capital. I want to self death.

Don't kill yourself. Become a Super Spreader!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Imao at the idea of ever going into the office again.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Zeno-25 posted:

Well yeah, I was referring to the eventual announcement that the next season for all sports would also be cancelled. First up would be baseball, right?

First the baseball season would have to end, am I right???

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

America rocks lol

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

What is this from?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Even if a vaccine is developed, tons of people will be killed by COVID-xx every year because:

1. Tons of people who are immunocompromised can't get the vaccine
2. There is a significant anti-vaxx population in the USA to begin with
3. Refusing to get the vaccine is going to be a partisan political marker, which will augment #2 in hilarious ways.

It's gonna be great.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

shovelbum posted:

like drat i gotta go out and do my usual job but also maybe die of a plague here soon! i'm not wfh im just on a long-scheduled vacation and my wifes wfh is probs gonna end by fall

worst loving vacation ever

Yeah but your friends working remotely has no impact on whether you can work remote.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol a guy who would post that the virus is liberal bullshit on every single one of a nurse friends posts on Facebook’s wife just had to go to the hospital for covid and he is screaming about calling the police for harassment because we screenshotted his now deleted posts about how anyone who gets this is weak and survival of the fittest and posted them in response to his asking for prayers.

That loving owns lol

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Zotix posted:

I'm just curious what's socially acceptable as a place to purchase things at in 2020?

Facebook Marketplace

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm actually in favor of lifting the lockdowns so that the virus is distributed more equitably.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Lolie posted:

I was already being cautious and wearing a mask before this started due to being immunocompromised. Not looking forward to standing out like a sore thumb again as most people give up on taking precautions.

If people give a gently caress just punch them

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

snoo posted:

so they're just saying that half the death total being olds is actually fine and an acceptable loss either way, yeah?

Olds will just keep voting GOP anyway

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

We must do all we can: nothing

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Google Butt posted:

imagine if all these suicidal rear end chuds out their energy into ubi instead of an early, painful, traumatic and lonely death that takes their loved ones with them lmfao

If they could do that then they wouldn't be chuds

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Okay, line up 100 relatives or close friends and pick the one who does so you can go to Chik-Fil-A.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Honestly, looking at my Facebook feed, I'm sad I only get to pick one family member to die.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Bernie Panders posted:

i am the poster that's incredibly shocked at people ignoring a disease that's killed 100,000 (70,000 elderly) when we were throwing homeless people, indigenous people, mentally unwell people, poor people, etc. into the thresher at a way greater rate than that while nobody outside of c-spam gave a poo poo

haha yeah the mistake is assuming that Americans give a poo poo. It's not that they don't really believe COVID is killing shitloads of people, it's that they don't give a gently caress about the people who are suffering.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I like this new strategy for dealing with the second wave by calling it forth early.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

We can return to normal in the fall because literally everyone will have had it by then lol

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

they absolutely are doing that. I think the dems aren't going to fight for extending unemployment benefits because they would rather things go to poo poo badly enough that they have a shot of winning against trump without having to pick a good candidate, it's their only shot

They aren't going to fight for extending UI because they disagree with extending it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

California. University dining hall.

Oh poo poo, rip dude