Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I figured out that I wake up around 4:30am/5am every morning when my husband goes pee then my cats wake up and then in turn wake me up because "FOOD TIME MOTHER" so obviously the only resolution is to have him start wearing adult diapers to bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Skypie posted:

Hey does anyone have the list of places striking today? I'm kinda out of food and desperately need to make a store trip but I wanna keep away from places like Target that have been organizing strikes for IWD

Here's the tweet I think that started it all and a few articles I've read about it. I think basically if you go to like Kroger or Albertsons (if that's your area) you should be fine. I'd not use any (e: any delivery) grocery delivery at all

https://twitter.com/msainat1/status/1253003563875340288

https://www.eater.com/2020/4/29/21241320/workers-from-whole-foods-instacart-amazon-target-organize-may-day-strike

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/n7j8zw/amazon-whole-foods-instacart-workers-organize-a-historic-mass-strike

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Doc Fission posted:

being able to ram your dick in the shoe buffer will actually be the last workplace benefit in the United States

is that covered by workman's comp if you buff it into oblivion?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

empty whippet box posted:

i thought it was mostly my white noise posting tbh

:same:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Doc Fission posted:

the hubris of even asking

Silly me. Everyone knows that's when you get an onlyfans for hard core people

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ForbesScience/status/1255292848762687490

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

turd in my singlet posted:

lol if you think cats need anything in particular to wake them up at 430 in the morning to start bothering you for the food they get at 7 am every single day

I don't feed them once I get up, I've learned, they don't get fed until I've been up at least an hour or more so they don't associate the getting up with food. I'll lay there perfectly still in bed and as long as I don't move/cough/open my eyes they'll just vulture in a corner until then even if it's 10am. Once someone stirs they pull at my blanket pulling it off me/off the bed then start with screaming if I don't respond in a timely manner. To make sure it doesn't wake my husband up I just get up because he works so late. It's been much worse since I got sick because once I wake up I start coughing and they know I'm awake and I can't fake it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
cats are generally jerks but they're cute and fluffy jerks so we put up with their BS for some reason. I just want to use my PC but I left my desk for under a minute and now I can't use my mouse :(

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/BrentTerhune/status/1256206620985634817

open carry at a build a bear

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rynn posted:

Once the cat blesses something with it's butt, it belongs to the cat forever. Sorry OP time to buy a new mouse.

drat it! I'm trying to not buy anything anymore, time to open canned food and hope I can make a trade

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2020/05/if-your-mask-has-a-valve-its-half-useless/

quote:

If you’re wearing a face mask with a little plastic valve embedded in it, you should know that valves compromise the effectiveness of the mask—and this is true whether your mask is a hardware-store N95 or a designer cloth mask. These valves allow exhaled breath to bypass the filter. When you breathe in, the air you breathe is being filtered by the mask; when you breathe out, it is not. (The valve only operates in one direction.)

One-way valves make sense if you’re kicking up sawdust in your basement, walking around California during wildfire season or working in a factory where particles you definitely don’t want to breathe in may be in the air. In these cases, the mask’s job is to protect you. The valve makes it more comfortable to wear so you can get through your day or your factory shift without feeling too stifled.

But that’s not why we’re all wearing masks right now.

Why valves don’t make sense for infection control
In the age of COVID-19, we wear masks when out and about for two reasons: First, we hope they might protect us from other people, at least a little bit. (The science on this is not very convincing.) The second reason is more significant: they protect us from infecting others if it turns out we are infected and don’t know it.

Valves defeat that second purpose. A valved mask is letting your breath out unfiltered; the valve acts as a little escape hatch for any virus-laden droplets you’re breathing out. Some municipalities that require masks have specified that masks with valves do not count. You also won’t typically see valved masks in healthcare settings for the same reason.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Breakfast All Day posted:

cats are for subs for whom finding a human dom would be too socially demanding

truth

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Inceltown posted:

Just bumped into my boomer neighbours while taking the trash out. They're just coming back from holidays at a friends farm to move down to their holiday house for a few weeks. Really hope the police catch them travelling and fine the gently caress out of them.

*holiday house* like, WTF? I thought I was living large when for the first time in my life I moved into a 2 bedroom apartment that I'm on the lease

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Zyme posted:

woah i have the exact same mouse

This mouse is wonderful I've had it for ages, or did before my cat claimed it with his butt

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

zegermans posted:

lmao MX518 look at this loser, yeah that was my mouse 4 mice ago

You'd hate my keyboard lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rynn posted:

People like that are disconnected from reality and think that only people below them have bad things happen to them. A wall of dollar bills defends you from corona it seems.

Protected by Jesus blood, that everyone knows is really just Benjamins

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

captainbananas posted:

have you ever taken the keys off and cleaned it?

I normally take canned air to it (a full can) and use poky tools to get in there and spend an entire afternoon with rubbing alcohol and qtips. I'm actually afraid to pop off the keys. I might do that today, it's been a few months since I've done it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

zegermans posted:

cum crust gives you better tactile feedback

I think I just woke up my husband laughing so loudly at this I started coughing, lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Woke up to a coughing fit, dry nose, chest pain, and just general unwellness.

Goodbye, goons.

:(

hot showers, hot liquids, and hot rods. Sorry you're doing poorly, don't die. I found laying on my stomach with a pillow under my stomach so I'm pretty much head tilted down made the coughing fits much better. I did this while laying on my couch so I could turn my head and still watch tv or poo poo post with one hand on my phone

e: and do some breathing exercises. I'll post those in a bit

facetoucher cat has issued a correction as of 15:38 on May 1, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1256248545520373760

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Siljmonster posted:

this is a decent keyboard until you spill an entire liter of coffee on it

This sounds rather specific

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

kaleedity posted:

6 weeks of covitoes

Very promising holiday song

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
So I had an appointment with my doctor and she is actually working with covid-19 patients here in ATL and with the hospital where I had my test so she had my results and thankfully it was negative but she's not convinced that I am. She put me on azithromycin because she said I might have picked up a bacterial infection but said if I'm not better by next week I need to get another test and there's some kind of trial going on for a blood test for covid-19 and depending on the outcome I'd be getting that. Apparently they're not sure if it's valid so, lmao. I'm happy it was negative but I'm sick AF so WTF. I've got her office on call so that's good in case anything bad happens. My lungs are 100% clear so silver lining, yay smoking (don't smoke, kids)

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1256343093663748099

I feel better now

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1256353935356563456

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Doc Fission posted:

Let's write some COVID acrostic poetry.

C
O
V
I
drat we really gonna die

Could
Old
Video Gamers
Influence
Donald Trump Supporters?

e: I actually just let my phone do predictive text and capitalize it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

FAUXTON posted:

Country's
Only
Virtue
Is
Death

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

BRB, gonna go to the shutdown Goodwill I got mine from and yell for my $4.99 back.

Mine was free 6 years ago so I'm not complaining

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I don't want to be sick anymore. It's now hard to breathe and once I start coughing I almost puke it gets so violent. My stupid test was negative so if I don't have it then what's wrong with me? My doctor said something about other viruses they're seeing that are, and I quote, "not the flu but just as bad as covid-19" but WTF is that supposed to mean? Like? WTF? She also said she's not convinced I don't have it. What's the point of a test if it's not totally valid? Why would they put that on the market? I'm afraid to call her because I don't want to upset my husband who started to get angry with me yesterday for still being sick and all whiny and I get it, I was being pathetic and I guess he's going to say this is my normal asthma or something but that hasn't given me issues in a little bit. I'm scared and don't really have anywhere to turn. This is all bullshit

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Used a nebulizer and am feeling MUCH better, sad brain first thing in the morning is crappy. At least I'm not one of the 13% of all Georgians who are on unemployment right now because I don't qualify for unemployment, wonder what the actual number is?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

ChristsDickWorship posted:

For reference, I've been self-employed for 15yrs and as of 3 days ago my red state is depositing $730 in my account every week because Bernie said so (actually, I have no idea why they're depositing more than $600). No interview or anything, I haven't waited on hold at all.

I imagine every state is different, but NC wasn't as bad for me as I had been hearing. Required me to register myself as an employer, to affirm that I cut my hours because of covid-19, to prove that I pay state taxes in NC with a tax return from the last couple years, and to prove I had income in 2019. They rejected my state claim a month ago, but finally approved the PUA stuff last week and sent me a couple grand for the last 3 weeks.

I need to look into this because I got a big fat go gently caress yourself

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thoguh posted:

Good news, chuds are making violent threats about being forced to wear a mask and increasingly the response is to just give in.

https://twitter.com/StwNewsPress/status/1256370089542197248?s=19

Imagine being such a pussy that when someone says they're not going to do something they don't want to do and because they are white and yelling at you, you just say, "okay do what ever you want". Like, why isn't it to round them up and lock them up and shave their hair claiming they have lice? They want a loving hair cut. Take their freedom, give them a felony for terroristic threats, felons can't legally own guns anymore and good luck getting one of those jobs "the illegals" are taking or renting/dating/etc, IF you don't die in lockup. The reason is they are either afraid of them or feel the same way. The tables are not being turned because they don't want them to be

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BMX Ninja posted:

"in hospital" is fairly common in British English.

Likewise, "I'm in school" which in American English would be "I'm in a/the school"?
"I'm in/at church" vs "I'm in the church"

But it only works for some things because English in all forms is stupid, so you can't say "I'm in store" or "I'm on bus".

e: snype

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CharlieGileNBC/status/1256642854044209152

lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1256694888474738693

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

~~~ASIAN HORNETS!~~~~~ LIKE THE CHINAVIRUS

They have these stories every summer. They're down here time to time. I ~think~ we ran into one camping in 2018 that attacked my purse stinging it over and over until my husband whacked it with the cooler lid. It wasn't anything I'd seen around the area before and it was huge

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

how are all these people so incredibly stupid

Mix of Trump and Kemp

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Lmao that everyone in this thread sees a horrible tsunami coming in one to two weeks and we can do literally nothing to stop it

Just be that weird person standing on the street corner screaming about the end times wearing piss drenched pants while everyone avoids making eye contact and continues to get on with their day? Pretty much describes my life

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

just an aside wasp killer is probably one of the most powerful weapons you can buy that isn’t explicitly so

fires with a ton of pressure and pretty much instantly blinds anyone if it gets in their eyes

fucks up wasps bad too

Exactly why I bought it to begin with. 20ft range, baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1256712571324977152