Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

babypolis posted:

so whats the deal with sweden? honestly the numbers from over there dont seem that bad considering they arent murdering their own economy like everyone else

like as far as im concerned keep the quarantie going on forever because im still getting paid and working 2 hours instead of 8 with no commute and high as gently caress all day long but i know a lot of people are suffering economically and it will only get worse so maybe theres some truth to the idea of the cure being worse than the disease. i dunno im just asking q pls dont dogpile me

they are winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

empty whippet box posted:

why the gently caress would i go to applebees

Because you can in america.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol these guys really are trying to use positive thinking to defeat a virus
https://twitter.com/jeffgiesea/status/1256297734409256968?s=20

virus can't defeat the power of the mind, just the lung

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

amazing

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I believe the warm weather and Lysol injections will reduce the daily death rate to 215 per day, it will be like a miracle.

deaths from covid: 0

deaths from lysol injections: 5000

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

snoo posted:

what kinda simp gives a poo poo about a loud fast airplane lmao

:downsbravo: hehe look at the expensive noisy thing for 6 seconds

grow up

Don't doxx me

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Take heed corona-cucks, this is what WINNING looks like!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

seems like my entire social media feed of irl friends has stopped giving a gently caress and they’re all going out without masks to beaches and parks. Feel like I’m going insane. gently caress it

Living the dream

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i love american freedom so much i am going to gently caress the neon sign at the mall as soon as the lockdoiwn is lifgted

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

gonna be rad when these folks learn that UV light degrades all sorts of materials

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

looking forward to catching this and being part of history!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i don't want any holes in my lungs. i want them to be infinite sheets of oxygenating membranes, sustaining me for all time.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

you've seen a lot of dumb, angry, white boomers over the past couple of weeks, but nobody has any idea how bad it will get if the NCAA cancels the season

we should cancel it and find out if nate silver finally cracks

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

All of the trails in town have big signs with stuff like

stay six feet apart
walk single file with six feet trailing space
wear masks
stay to the right
get off the trail if you need to stop moving
keep dogs on four foot leashes

And basically no one follows it

Whole families going for a walk and taking the whole trail up because they have to walk like the avengers shoulder to shoulder and they DO NOT yield to oncoming traffic

People walking their babies in strollers as their dog runs all over the place

old people huffing and puffing and bellowing hellos at you while maskless

i collected some dirt from a local park and made my own trail in my apartment. it goes all over, very rough terrain. recommend!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i think it's fine for someone to go on a trail ride

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Woofer posted:

brb guys imma go on this trail ride and complain about everyone else that is there

-Karen, probably.

complaining about stuff is fun tho

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

this model sucks

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

mine closed the ones my gf and i use to frequent a lot as well

now we drive about 45 minutes outside of the city to a remote trail for our day hikes and will probably keep that trail in our rotation since it's also at a much higher altitude and change of scenery

nice. i've been thinking of driving out to one of the national forests in the hopes of it being somewhat empty but i dunno how realistic that is. worst thing would be to get there and there be 50 other yokels like me crowding round the trailhead.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

parking lots are closed but the overflow parking isn't which greatly limits the people that can be there

make sure you have your NFS parking pass since it's like $30 for a yearly one and gently caress you for not supporting places where you're hiking

also 50 other yokels is about right at the place where my gf and i go... which works out to crossing the path of like 5 people max over the course of 5 hours

yah i get the annual pass each year, it's great. hasn't gotten much use this year.

5 people isn't too bad, better than the grocery store.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

armed protest huh

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

1.4 million deaths is all that will take

that's only 0.004% of the current US population

you forgot to multiply by 100 there

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

nope

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

if you include confederate deaths then corona will have to top 1.7m deaths to beat out every military conflict combined, but lol if you include those traitorous losers

nah i mean in the final percentage. 1.4 million / 330 million = 0.004 = 0.4%

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

oh yeah lol

sill, what's the mortality rate for rona?

about between 0.7% and 1%. herd immunity for a thing like this is ~70%, but it doesn't kill kids very much compared to adults. there are 209 million adults, so if 70% of the adults get it and 1% of those die, we'd have a total death count of 1.463 million.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

if you catch the roni and live you should get access to the mod forum

i'd rather die tbh

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

you lazy hucksters can cheat your way to health with FAKE antibodies, but the truly Free among us will rely on no antibodies but our own. get your dog-faced monocucked antibody away from me you Bill Gates brain zombie!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

you guys had better learn to adjust to staying at home very soon because we're still in the very early stages of this poo poo.

i am staying home. i also go outside sometimes, but i'm still home when i do that because home is where the heart is.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

gonna get a bike with tires so fat no one can get within 10 feet of me

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

shovelbum posted:

have you been following coronavirus at all for the last several weeks, all the data suggests people are rapidly giving up on isolating themselves in the face of "everything is fine now" orders in half the country

everyone is packing back into restaurants and movie theaters tighter than before

man i live in this thread and i can tell you that, despite the headlines you see here, most people are still social distancing as much as they can. they are getting antsy tho because being stuck inside forever sucks, humans cannot do it.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Salt Fish posted:

Telling people to go to parks is irresponsible. Sorry it sucks staying home but life isn't fair and the virus doesn't give a poo poo about these bullshit compromises. 'well it's ok if you just bike fast enough' is the same as 'drinking water washes the virus into your stomach' folk medicine fiction.

coronavirus doesn't even have legs it cannot catch me.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Feldegast42 posted:

not sure about that, have you seen some of the drawings :love:

though it has many appendages, none are legs. i will escape as rona fruitlessly flagellates, lost to the winds of time and lungs of space.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i did actually buy a shitload of vitamins, but that's for the food shortages.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Salt Fish posted:

If you want help gauging appropriate behaviors I recommend looking at a functioning country for example China.

China explicitly allowed people to go on one walk per day within their neighborhoods.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

They also hosed down public areas with disinfectant

apart from things people touched, like railings and doors, that was pretty much security theater.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

shovelbum posted:

We don't know enough about the virus to say that, especially when shoes are the one sort of proven surface vector so far. Whatever they did, it worked and our poo poo hasn't at all.

what? yes we do. disinfecting surfaces you actually touch with your hands is important for reducing spread, spraying streets with bleach is not. if you're worried about somehow tracking the virus in on the soles of your shoes then just wipe them off, but the idea that shoe-to-person spread is an important vector for this is ridiculous.

the news headlines saying "SHOES CAUSE DISEASE" was based off the virus being able to survive on the materials that shoes are made of, not off of data showing that it actively spreads in the public via shoes.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

snoo posted:

what part of "stay the gently caress home" do you people not understand

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HeavyBabyishHairstreak-mobile.mp4

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

my bony fealty posted:

gatekeeping job titles is dumb and you shouldn't do it

No engine, no engineer.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

At best those are software developers, but most are simply code monkeys. no real development ability because they've never understood the details of code embryogenesis.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

mycomancy posted:

Fuckin' lol if a graph looked like that in a paper I was reviewing I would've hyperdunked it into the trashcan and spent a page mocking the authors' chromosomal count.

smdh ivory tower elitist gatekeeping in cspam.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i've survived my whole life by "curve fitting" using just a pen and paper and i won't change to any of this bullshit coimputer nonsense you egghead HOAXSTERS suggest!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

No sports? No meat? What are they coming for next? My liquor???

alright buddy don't touch the liquor keep the hand sanitizer where i can drink it