Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

oh hey look we're over 2k again

this is my surprised face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i was actually expecting a hospital shooting before a mcdonald's shooting

way to surprise me

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

you can boil water in a microwave in a plastic container. it's fast and extremely useful.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

reheat pizza on a frying pan

it's the damnedest thing

edit: the greasier the better

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

thanks to our wonderful Wisconsin Supreme Court, i just had to make an appointment with my doctor to issue me some work restrictions. i have a history of asthma, and an ER visit a few years back from a simple little cough that suddenly turned ugly. if driving halfway across the state and entering random people's homes doesn't kill me, the persistent stress will. at least with a stay at home order in effect i was afforded some small level of safety. now i have to further isolate because of a bunch of selfish pricks groomed by capital to believe the customer is always right.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Mr Hootington posted:

a group home for mentally disabled is having an outbreak.

it was only a matter of time before it hit the white house

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Numlock posted:

You’re doing it wrong.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

that dude who jumped in the hot springs to save his dog, except the dog is the economy and the dude is america

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Raskolnikov38 posted:

speaking of some dumbass snuck into Yellowstone to take selfies with old faithful and fell in something the other day

wow i bet they were really in hot water

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

that million+ deaths is looking more likely every day now

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Bullfrog posted:

Yeah, look, wrt to spikes and consequences of opening up and stuff, you gotta remember that viruses don't work on a timeline that is satisfying or quick or easily understandable for anyone. We often expect things to be apparent right away, but that's just not the case. Spread of the virus has a time lag. Reporting has a time lag. Deaths have a time lag. Etc.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/is-reopening-safe-after-covid-19-we-wont-know-for-weeks/611743/

it's like how some aircraft can go into an unrecoverable oscillation because of the delay between input and effect. inexperienced or unqualified pilots would attempt to make corrections that would only worsen the situation.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

oh here it is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot-induced_oscillation

we're either going to do the same thing with on and off lockdowns and fly this bitch apart one airfoil at a time, or we're going do nothing and lawn dart into the tarmac

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

my job basically only does no-contact services if the customer wants, never stopped sending people into customer's homes, and provided no masks until yesterday, and it was a single surgical mask we were told to reuse.

i don't think they are taking this seriously.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

by my figuring, june 2 will be the day of reckoning, the big tuesday bump signifying the beginning of the real surge

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Durf posted:

an invisible dam

freaky ghost dam

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

fosborb posted:

they only looked at the last 7 days for "current R0" and they think WI has decreased:

528 new cases today, a record high.

Open 'er up!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

whether these stories support or refute your current beliefs is irrelevant, as they are anecdotal

people who don't know how science works should stop talking about science

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

lmao that dude is probably not even flying anywhere but will still show up to the airport to whine about his "rights"

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i might have watched jersey shore if it were filmed in sheboygan

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

euphronius posted:

rip Madonna

well yeah i would assume that the virgin mother of christ died nearly 2000 years ago

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

all this horse hockey that people are pulling out of their asses to make schools be anything other than a giant petri dish will fail, because nothing will ever stop a bunch of little kids from slobbering on every surface within line of sight. it will also be exactly three minutes into the first day that some little poo poo fashions a sling from his mask. every square inch of plexiglass that regularly falls outside the surveillance of an adult for longer than ten seconds will be intricately engraved with a chronicle of idle moments variously interspersed by hate symbols and accounts of unpopular faculty members engaging in unnatural relations with domestic animals.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i miss the oldschool hard-boiled laconic news headlines

Apple, Google Useless

back in the day you wouldn't want to waste ink on all that other bullshit

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

looks like a million is back on the menu boys

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

has anyone said typhoid maga yet

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

you'll find me in the adult candy aisle

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

nikosoft posted:

If children were affected, we would have nuked China already.

dude kids get gunned down all the time and nobody gives a gently caress

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

bro one time i got 3 months for unsolicited beckoning of an animal running at large

dude was lucky he got away before the heat rolled up

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

D R ₊ H E Λ L

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

nothing unreal exists.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

nothing boosts your immune system. it either has what it needs to do its job, or it doesn't. there is no secret bonus immune. also you really do not want a turbocharged immune system. it WILL turn on you when it gets bored.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

FizFashizzle posted:

study medicine and you learn tons of pneumonics for poo poo. psychic moans just means you start hallucination

Reiter's syndrome is "can't see, can't pee, can't climb a tree."

mnemonics

im sure there's lots of pneumonics too

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Subvisual Haze posted:

Brazil might actually surpass America in new daily cases soon. 5/26 had 18.6k new cases in the US versus 16.3k new cases in Brazil. Well done Brazil, especially considering how heat and humidity likely slow down the transmission of this virus.

look at their test to case ratio

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i still wonder about the italian balcony singers

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

:laffo: @ all those unmasked screaming lockdown protesters

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

the next several days will begin to show the effects of wisconsin's stay home order getting knocked over, and then a week later the crush of cases from are troops day

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Some chud showed up at a polling place in Pittsburgh today and started a fight over being asked to wear a mask. No charges.

https://twitter.com/KDKA/status/1267877288839983104?s=20

Fuckin unreal

at this point we're lucky he didn't shoot up the place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

so i suspect an initial lull in new cases, due to everyone fuckin rioting and not getting tested, people not getting tested because of everyone fuckin rioting, and so on. death reporting is gonna be all kinds of hosed. excess mortality calculation in posterity is probably hosed now too because of a brewing civil war.

poo poo's wild.