Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

Crane flies might not be dangerous but they're extremely uncooperative when you try to deport them out the back door. Like mate, there's nobody to gently caress and nothing to eat in here, go home.

Have you tried creating a hostile environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

sinky posted:

'Matilda murders Counselor Troi'

B-plot: Data's cat dies and he decides to explore grief

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
The fact that Covid hasn't taken out a single high profile dickhead - Trump, Johnson, Bolsanaro - is frankly this timeline's greatest scandal. The universe has a lot to answer for.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
The white bit is overrated.

I'll let the reader decide if I'm talking about eggs or society

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
If it tastes like soil maybe you haven't washed them properly :colbert:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Did you know computers don't even need special dedicated rooms now?

Uh that "mini" computer system is clearly called DECSYSTEM 2020 so presumably that's a recent photo.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Ms Adequate posted:

In fairness if magic was real it would absolutely be used frivolously

I wonder, surely there's a genre of fiction/erotica where all the wizards and witches are kinky. I dread to think what could happen in a world where magic and BDSM intersect.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

kingturnip posted:

Not for the first time, I've managed to injure my foot through the simple act of being asleep in bed.
No idea what I've done, but it looks like I'll be hobbling around the house all day. Happy Sunday, people.

Ooooooh is that the thing where your big toe decides to leave your foot, but only gets so far away from the other toes before realising it's still attached?

That's a classic, that is

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Julio Cruz posted:

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

99% of these I will end up never playing but it's worth it just for A Short Hike alone

alright which one of you made a game

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I'm sorry, is lynching not a federal crime yet :psyduck:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

I believe this is an attempt to kill.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I don't normally pay attention to the ever-ongoing J.K.Terfing bullshit but now it's way up there on the BBC website. I hope she's feeling mighty embarrassed (but i expect she's actually pulling a "am i really that out of touch? no, it is the everybody else who are wrong")

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

I like that they quickly turned around and fired off a shot, like when a cat falls off the sofa and starts licking its paw in a total "i meant to do that" pose

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Miss Hitler? As in women dressed up to look like Adolf Hitler? Or Eva Hitler?

I'd search for images to answer this question, but, y'know.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

StarkingBarfish posted:

Backyard birbposting update: There's loads of tiny new fledgling bluetits around. They're adorable and would totally yell ACAB at the police:

Bluetits. They're yelling at protestors

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

sebzilla posted:

Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone is my favourite Sonic level

The virgin metropolitan area vs. the CHAZ commune

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Jose posted:

there was an old EN thread about a posters 13 year old brother nearly dying from septicemia twice and not knowing what caused it and then it turned out he was sticking cotton buds down his dick

:stonk:

Reading this made me wince hard

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

escapegoat posted:

Did anyone else read that headline and think that Yorkshire Tea had gone full chud by telling anti-racist critics of them not to buy it's products?

I read the headline and didn't know what to think because my brain has never had to parse "anti-racist critic" before and had to turn a cog for a minute.

A critic who is anti-racist?

A critic of anti-racism?

It's a loving coin flip

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
^stop it, i can only wince so much

Red Oktober posted:

All Crows Are Bastards, it’s true.

When crows are in these numbers, are they called a mass murder of crows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn2PWOPWXCE

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Also very important: despite the name, sounding rockets do not go in the pee hole.

I'm gonna need a bigger Recovery section than that

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
This entire page made me wince

^ especially that

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 9, 2020

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

bessantj posted:

I've never understood the whole "I was a leftist but someone on the left was mean to me so I ran to the right." attitude. If someone on the left meaning mean to you means you abandon your beliefs then you're either a liar , coward or both.

Or just incredibly petty.

Or reactionary of the very juvenile kind, a bit like when kids go all "gently caress you dad" and adopt the exact opposite belief system to their parents

(sidenote: this is not how i became a leftist, my parents were apolitical right up until the moment they retired and spent the whole day watching sky news and browsing facebook)

e: lol:

ronya posted:

I've noted at length

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 10, 2020

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Angepain posted:

this is hellworld and the country is cursed so i imagine the rest of the world will undergo glorious utopian revolutions while britain soldiers on bravely doing a racism forevermore

God i wish it could be that good. As it stands, every country is doing a racism and competing to see who does it hardest, fastest

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

thespaceinvader posted:

He's not wrong, too much of the argument IS emotional rather than informed.

But from context, he's not clear on which parts are which.

Facts don't care about your feelings friend, and the fact is the statue is preciselty where it ought to be and never should have been erected in the first place.

Isn't the very nature of a statue meant to be emotional? It's meant to invoke awe, inspiration.

If you wanted no emotion at all, just hammer a sign in the ground that reads "Colston. :geno:"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

lol

I like this

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

I can see how you might get statues and comedians into boxcars to be shipped into extermination camps, but private schools? That's no easy feat

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
^e: poo poo :( sorry to hear that. I've been terrified of my dad catching it, I already lost my mum in January (not to covid)

Ratjaculation posted:

i swear those letters came out maybe 10 years ago and nobody blinked

but corbyn laid a wreath

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

someone's been in the disasters menu again

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I hope all the gammons' favourite tv shows get arrested and thrown in jail

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

bee best

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Just watching that lecture about boomers on youtube (which I'm fairly sure was linked here) and wow this chart

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

thespaceinvader posted:

Because they want to make the problem seem smaller than it is, duh.

He wrote a book and delivered a lecture about it. He might be a boomer Tory but I'm not sure he's trying to hide or minimise the problem through creative charts

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Last night my wife pointed out that she's actually really kinda pleased that the far right protests were composed entirely of rowdy, thick, bottom-rung thumbs rather than eloquent frog-faces with legitimate concerns. Really helps to turn people off them

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Bobstar posted:

Wow, it's only been 3 years since Grenfell? The amount of It that's happened since then is causing the intervening time to bulge at the seams, and seem much longer, to me at least :(

E: and that's not counting the 9-15 months (est) since lockdown started

To me Grenfell feels like only last year. The only reason I know it's not is because it happened just after May crushed the saboteurs

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
My cat has an abscess or something but the vet isn't open for examinations (emergency stuff only, i think), so all we can do is keep her on :catdrugs: anti-inflammatories at the moment.

I learned a fact in the midst of this: vets can't get their hands on oxygen supplies because it's all being diverted to the NHS. Some vet operations just can't happen at the moment

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Darth Walrus posted:

an unsalvageable dead end.

Perfect symbol for the UK, then

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Darth Walrus posted:

an unsalvageable dead end.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

jaete posted:

Hmm yes, if it's raining frogs for example, those frogs smell more alive

If it's raining men,

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
They flew to new Zealand and then drove 650km? Just get a domestic flight ffs, you imbeciles, you loving morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

keep punching joe posted:

Well done Keir Sturmer forcing this humiliating turnaround by simply doing gently caress all and not mentioning it.

I found where the REAL opposition is:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1272515679762239494

Someone make this man the opposition leader because he's doing far better than this scruffy Kor Streamer idiot!!