Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

if a woman actually involved in the business tells you your list isn’t that great of an idea and you immediately view it as a threat you may want to rethink what you’re doing here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Benne posted:

The hornyposting has gotten really gross and out of control in the past few months, and clearly isn't as ironic as people want to claim it is. We've had multiple people admit that it's made them uncomfortable and not want to post in certain threads anymore.

i barely want to post in this sub anymore. poo poo sucks.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

the escape goat posted:

What I’ve seen is just a list of names but no context; I appreciated the spreadsheet with the “creep” and “rapist” designations.

seems like a lot of people didn’t appreciate it or the related twitter self promotion at all. two categories barely counts as “context”

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
a meta thread sounds miserable but maybe it will make this place fun again and not a depressing and toxic shithole

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

i said maybe

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

cams posted:

because jr is an ugly old man and people are predisposed to their prejudices with regards to certain types of uncouth behavior. see:
there is an idea that most people have, mostly subconscious, that "creepy guy" is a certain type of person and if you're not that type of person, it's all in good fun. it's probably similar how a ton of wrestlers justified it, in that they are considered "hot dudes" (or ladies) therefore they aren't the gross creeps out there making women uncomfortable, they're the ones women want to hit on them.

i'm guilty of this as i said before, in that i am good boy who is extremely pretty with good hair, so i thought it was okay for me to hornypost my real hornyfeelings because i am not what people would think of as a "creepy guy" if they knew me. but on the internet, i am just a 4 letter name with a roman reigns avatar that someone bought me years ago, posting about horniness or jerking off because i did standup for a brief period years ago and people laughed at it when i did it then.

shut up dude this isn’t really the thread to try to be funny in.

i’m off to a juneteenth thing but wrestling sucks, this subforum sucks, everyone get it the gently caress together. christ.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

smarxist posted:

Everyone stays pretty chill and positive, and most of the gawking at athlete bodies is confined to posting their own tweets or :swoon: or :stwoon: type stuff (less uhh, drooling over "cum gutters")

it’s a difference of degrees and how you keep talking about bodies in this thread of all places is pretty weird there duder!

that link John Cena posted is a pretty good example of how lame this sub is. lecherous comments going unpunished and defended, Jerusalem telling people to “use the report button” as if that would do anything, and coconono posting his twitter constantly as if everyone should give a poo poo and now here we are, the town pervert felt emboldened enough to make a sketchy list, always a good thing on this website, and accuse a woman wrestler of threatening him in a thread about abuse.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

please stop posting for the love of god

use your loving buttons! what the gently caress!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

smarxist posted:

gently caress off with this bullshit, addressing the content and what's being discussed and how is integral to any cultural changes

no it’s just you justifying your own perversions and downplaying your own contribution to the problem.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

I haven't seen him say anything perverted and discussing the parameters about what is and isn't acceptable seems appropriate

you seem a little overly hostile

the thread is about abusive wrestlers and he keeps talking about he just wants to admire wrestler’s bodies and how he wants to do that in a nice way. its weird. also he posted a gigantic ban me screed a while ago and yet is still here, posting like a dipshit without any integrity. gently caress him, and gently caress you too.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

smarxist posted:

lmao, you dork

get hosed. my partner is an abuse victim and here you are trying to figure out what the horny line is. should have stayed gone.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

smarxist posted:

whatever, I'm gonna take a break.

heard that before

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
good lord

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If I was Matt Riddle I'd fire that lawyer

matt riddle is not very smart

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

There were absolutely people who were pushing for ANY discussion of looks to banned as emptyposting and/or creepy

no there weren’t you knucklehead

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

MorrisBae posted:

If it did happen, she probably went to Tony and said "let me out of my contract or I'll go to the media" and the compromise was "ok I'll let you out, but you can never speak of this to anyone"

lots of assuming about a hypothetical situation there, gumshoe

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
goon led investigations and black books are not good ideas because if we were smart we wouldn’t post here

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
wowwwwww i forgot about xpw. the one time i watched it was all the sleaziest aspects of ecw condensed into a gross stew

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

wrong Mikey my dropped pie uncle has done nothing bad

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
chikara is having a great year

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Jiro posted:

I wonder how long it is till we hear unfortunately hear about awful poo poo in Japan. :smith:

i mean stardom and rossy are right there

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the bad wrestling opinions thread is just a collection of psychopathic tweets barely relating to wrestling

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Red posted:

Since folks have alluded to Jericho being a not great person, is there any background on this? I might just not be up on any of his drama from recent times. I haven't followed wrestling closely in a while, and only recently came back.

he made racist jokes about atsushi onita in his first book so he’s never really been anything more than a moron but he also thought wrestling was real until he went to wrestling school so he’s mega doo doo dum

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the Jake the snake Brandi thing was also terrible

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i accidentally vote on threads on this website every time i’m phone posting. maybe let’s all just, go for a walk.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Question, why do you keep defending these assholes

as you will note from all of my posting in this thread I’m not doing that at all. i just think goons circling for blood is never a good idea and never works out well for anyone. i get being very angry at it, again, if you would read the loving thread you would see my attitude, but I am also very very tired of goons thinking making lists and posting insane amounts of venom is helping anyone or doing anything.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

again, dude who just got here, read the loving thread. I just think turning this thread into one of the many cspam helldumps is a bad idea and if I wanted to post with the lunatics over there, I would.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Cavauro posted:

There is nothing helldump about any of this. Just close the thread if you don't like reading people talk badly about the people for what they've said or done. No one is a lunatic for it.

everyone is attacking everyone else it’s great

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

collocation posted:

Pinkie is a bad source, also admitted he wasn't there, and does actually lie, like he did today. It's not a victim statement or a witness statement. So far, the only person who was there is someone who was working on taking down Hyde while Pinkie was still working with Hyde in 2018, a friend of the person who died, and very unhappy with Pinkie for hurting the case against Hyde by lumping false stuff in.

(It also wouldn't be sexual abuse, even if it was true.)

in case you haven’t noticed the op thinks they’re judge dredd

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Just leaning into the gawking.

you would think getting a new av + multiple probations + everyone telling you to stop would get the point through. very stoked to see morrisbee’s posting on breadnroses.com

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Thought I'd be safe from spoilers in this thread at least, guess I was wrong. God drat it.

since kayfabe poo poo goes in here now i guess, it’s not a spoiler, it’s news

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
turning your instagram comments off is coward poo poo

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
meltzer being racist and dumb is bad but doesn’t really compare with, say, joey ryan’s ongoing monster poo poo on this same page

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
op got permabanned and the thread is posting about q-anon and random internet weirdos. good poo poo.