Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

dudes an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Morbus posted:

we should just make 9000 threads about killing the president

rip maggotmaster

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

net work error posted:

*In Obama voice*
Uhh, if you like your forums...you can keep it

Lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

people are waiting to see if the forums as they are can be wrested away from Lowtax, otherwise there will probably be a large exodus and the best thing would be to go wherever the good admins/mods go and try and bring as many subforums there too instead of every subforum getting 5 discords and 2 webforums with 16 users each

yeah hopefully this happens

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

discord and twitter cannot replace a good honest red bloodedforum

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

THS posted:

ive shat on every time people thought lowtax was doomed and i’ve been right every time. this is probably the big one though. i hope that SA is taken over in an orderly fashion, or an organized, centralized new forum is created instead of each subforum creating tiny niche off-sites

yeah tbh instead of trying to reason w/ lowtax its probably better to already start working on the alternative.

lol this is really the end huh

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

if we had high taxes this would never happen

neoliberalism continues to wreck the world smdh

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Gringostar posted:

Lowtax is still welcome in D&D since they like Biden right?

lowtax is being vetted for veep

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

goddamn gently caress lowtax

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the actual cost of each of these to make is like, 30 cents. At most

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

I dunno. most of the mods have just kind of given up on doing stuff right now.

is there no plan to set up an alt site yet?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

It's pretty cool to release an announcement to say nothing. Well, I suppose confirming Logan got/is getting out is something big as not everyone will have seen that. Still. It almost feels like admins & mods just like secrecy for secrecy's sake.

ill translate the annoucement: we need you to update your email because its likely any neoSA successor site will be sent to you there

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Harvesting the e-mail list of this forum for personal use is definitely not cool/legal. They'd be wise not to gently caress with PII but they are not wise

im sure thats all being considered but personally i do not give a poo poo about the wife beating absentee landord of this websites Propert Rights

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Thanatosian posted:

Working theory in the GBS thread is that this is him:

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

that accounts post history in that thread 1000% confirms its lowtax or someone trying really hard to look like lowtax (which seems very possible)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

T-man posted:

that account claimed lowtax registered as "redacted" on a website called scarboil

which just reading redacted's post history is a very bad place

the account is from 2019, which seems like a contradiction.

in conclusion gently caress lowtax, gently caress that guy if he isn't lowtax, gently caress scarboil

ah isnt that some skullmund thing. skullmund is weird nazi gbs poo poo i think.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dustcat posted:

i just don't see lowtax posting on a different account and then immediately blowing his cover, what would be the point

idk he absolutely seems like a guy whod try to quietly alt and then just get really really mad and post dumb poo poo like that

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

I feel like there's some value for posterity's sake in keeping the actual, physical, SomethingAwful forums around. It's one of the oldest still (relatively) highly active communities on the internet and for it to disappear because the owner is a piece of poo poo and not because it simply withered away is a shame.

its also lowtax's only source of income and unfortunately he owns it and id guess isnt going to sell it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

shm being the last permaban :pray:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

T-man posted:

he doesn't care about the forums, he cares about the $$$ and dumb e-fame being the owner of the forums. it sounds like he might have cared back in SA's bad old days when he was active and we hadn't pushed out the blatantly 4chan/8kun types.

the forums grew despite him and now the forums are going to spite him

lowtax would not post in the mod forum for 3 to 4 years at a time. his only post for years right before i quit was a very weird thread where he apologized for not being active and a few sentences in turned the post into complaining about kicking his daughter out of his house for saying something nice about his exwife. he has not actually worked in probably a decade.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

qcs is currently demanding reene resign, which is kinda funny to me cus its like an angry crowd of passengers storming up to captain edward smith on the titanic as the ship begins to tip precipitously upward and demanding he resign his position. qcs will qqcs until we slip beneath the waves

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/derek8185338005/status/1276217652071944193

finally the true successor forum has been found

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

hey i know you dislike me and you annoyed the hell out of me a lot but you were always funny

thanks shm. dont worry theres only like two posters i ever genuinely disliked and you werent one of em

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

D1E posted:

What a loving terrible idea to name it after the probably trademarked or copyrighted name of someone else's website.

Also who the gently caress is this Derek guy? After DEREK SMART I'm leery of anyone by that name.

Goddamn why can't someone reputable step up and start a loving replacement forum?

i am very reputable go to cspam.xyz for the true replacement forum of them all

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sharkie posted:

Ban Renee and/or Jeffrey for account sharing

oh wait Jeffrey just took rene's av for some reason? who the gently caress knows

announcements have always hosed up like that lol

anyways yeah im glad sa isnt dead

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rudecyrus posted:

I, Jeffrey of YOSPOS,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55P-UHdZ7WI

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

honestly as far as gimmick accounts go "really mad about jeffrey of YOSPOS over his sql skills" is a pretty good one

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

i think my goatse/tubgirl/lotus seed pod/lemon party thread is going to drop off page 1 of QCS and i'll never get perma'd for it. lmao

id strongly bet the admin who just included goatse in his forum wide announcement is not gonna perma you for that during all this

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

T-man posted:

Hermann Göring at the Nuremberg trials after spending months or years protecting Hitler: "None of us loving like Hitler lol."

are you comparing lk to goring lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hahaha
a style sheet literally takes minutes of time and no Jeff didn't do those either
or any of the JS fixes

I guess good on him for tricking goons into thinking he's competent and getting them to do his work for him

He's just as much of a grifter as anyone else to share his title

are you really this mad about jeff not taking your sql advice lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

under a new admin we will be able to ascend to xenforo 2.0 and somethingawful will be able to match the awesome posting power of cspam.xyz

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

Look, I can't give you the answer you want.

Personally, realistically, until the deal is actually signed and vetted by a lawyer and poo poo and Lowtax is legitimately gone, I know there's a good chance it fucks up. I have set my expectations as such.

But if you still have reservations or Jeffrey taking over from Lowtax isn't good enough for you, I'm not going to be able to convince you otherwise. Listen to your instincts and act accordingly.

lk people are mad because they wanted to watch the whole house go up in flames but the firemen showed up and ruined all the fun. dont worry about it.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

This is why I'm glad I didn't accidentally say something conciliatory to you on the way out because you are and have always been a joyless contrarian

i make every post with pure grim determination, not for joy but only out of pure absolute duty

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is this real?

https://twitter.com/LABasedComedian/status/1276333140550643713?s=20

Surely his mother the lawyer would prevent him from going on some nazi radio show and exposing his crimes while he was in the process of being divorced and losing all rights to see his children?

lol this is a nazi altright thing hahaha hes already doing the Pivot

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lowtax to become king of the incels

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Crazyweasel posted:

i remember after one of the last lowtax cries for money or a competent programmer or whatever I thought

“I like the site a lot but lowtax is a loving terrible businessman”

and welp

I wonder what stories Frag has

i was hoping frag would return at some point during all this

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I hope Jeffrey unbans getfiscal

homex unbanned getfiscal years ago

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the terms state that jeffrey of yospos will only be handed ownership of SomethingAwful LLC if he can defeat lowtax in Street Fighter... this might not be over yet

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

I've been in BnR since the beginning and I recommend it as an adjunct to C-SPAM, although I also think C-SPAM itself is irreplaceable

sounds like you never registered on cspam.xyz smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lowtax is dumb enough to go on an altright podcast and read out texts from his girlfriend/employee he just physically abused. hes not going to outwit anybody here lol