Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

it was partly because the taxman was in insane medical debt and people felt like he deserved some help what with giving us this loving dumb rear end place with nazi mods and p-p-p-powerbooks and five golden manbabies goonsire and then whoops we stopped being able to pretend he wasn't a piece of poo poo

He was handed a golden oportunity for getting his life together, not because people were particularly fond of him, but because people really care about this place.

And

He

hosed

It

Up.

At one point he was making 12k a month .
Not because of his lovely videos.
But because of the love people had for this, their home on the web.

I mean you gotta laugh
Then throw him in the loving dumpster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Registered in bnr, same user name.
Planning on :10bux: in the morning because this as been a looong rear end day and I'm one of the 4 people in the world who doesn't have a PayPal account.
Stay frosty people.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

I dunno. most of the mods have just kind of given up on doing stuff right now.

Thats probably for the best.take care of yourselves LK and e-kick burt in the nads.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Solefald posted:

What's BnR

Buns and rods, the premiere website for hot rods and hard buns on the world wide web.why goons would choose that particular site for the great diaspora is up for speculation.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Sharkie posted:

they're not "doing nothing" they're listening to what people have said and are having discussions about how to move forward. there will be some sort of announcement eventually.

Oh! Hi KM! Sorry about how all this turned out. You deserved better from everyone.

gently caress, time really is a flat circle.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

LK you did good work and we're gratefull, but dont become adicted to sticking your dick in a hornets nest.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

I though the informant network was just a bunch of ppj alts in the discords.or maybe nazis who played along with him passing him "information".and a couple of the early things kinda helped KM and other people but then it dried up and ppj just went native and starting giving out info about sa, either in a braindead way of gaining trust or just straight chudery.
goddamn that was such a stupid saga, even for 2020.
gently caress.
The fact that several people looked at what was going on and thought " humm good idea, seems legit" or though they where outsmarting the nazis is just...im seriously laughing irl.

I dont think jeffrey is a secret chud, i just think theres a lot of dunning krieger efect at play here and hell, i know its hard for people to admit their limitations or that they've hosed up, but at some point you have to admit you've hosed up, why you hosed up and tell people you've hosed and ask for help improving and learning from your mistakes because thats also how you gain the trust of a comunity and become a better person.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Also dont ever , ever, ever ever, in a million years, make someone who asked to be a mod a mod.

Whit that said, i want to be a mod.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'll take a step back but PJ is not a credible source for information about lady ambien's personal life. i mean, i love her posts, they're funny but she's a conspiracy theorist

Shes our conspiracy theorist, being right 25% of time is a incredible batting average for a goon.
I also dont think youre a bad egg BM but yeah i think you need to take a breather on this one.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

A big flaming stink posted:

please forgive me if i am somewhat suspicious of blue stars these days, especially wrt their opinions about fellow mods/admins

Well you should be, thats the curse of the mods.and that they always knew.
On the other hand BM,lk and twoday are also c-spammers dealing with a lot of poo poo, and probably on the dark in a lot of this . Saying "i dont know the dude, everytime i dealt with him hes been ok" is not some glowing review of jeffreys admininship. We know the gently caress ups he did, and the fallout of them, and good stuff hes being doing also,so lets use his accions as a way to judge jeffrey, instead of projecting our opinions into people that barelly have a passive acquaintance with him.

Edit: gently caress that some horrible spellcheck

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

A big flaming stink posted:

i honestly do not have that strong of an opinion on jeffery

reene, on the other hand, is kinda completely trash as an admin and the reflexive defensiveness on her behalf seems entirely unearned!

Yeah that ones tricky. reene is just not a good admin/mod, but shes aparently been through some poo poo too and that earns sympathy but i dont think thats whats best for her right now.lets help her out with that and i think that for her own wellbeing she shouldnt be a admin/mod.

Edit: oh wait thats not tricky at all after all.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Imma gonna be honest here,the circunstances that lead to this are very lovely, but the wildness and unlawfullness of the forums in the last days are kinda fun.

My proposal is that we should have a purge week every year in these here forums, starting on 4/20.

The catch is that cspam during that week turns bizarro land and every post must contain a well source and passionate defense of centrist liberals policies.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Its 2020, truth doesnt matter, only feels.
On the other hand i feel like the truth should matter so.
Its one of them catch watchamacall it three oh three oh oh...you known the thing

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Tbf this is goons we're talking about so there is a lot of unwashed mass around.

I hope the continuing drama is plot from jefferey to drive the price down.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

being a volunteer mod is worse than being a volunteer, say, firefighter because even though the volunteer firefighters don't get paid they get to hang out in a building with hot dudes and make chili.
No it isn't, because
In my country , some volunteer firefighters are also EMTs driving ambulances, and sometimes first responders to crash sites.
Alcoholism seems like a good idea the second time you respond to a bike fatality.
Or the first time you're on a routine patient transport with some congenial old geezer who's going to the follow up consultation for his hip replacement surgery and he suddenly has a stroke.
Or the time where that happens and his wife is there with you.

Other than that,yeah , like 25% of the guys are pretty hot.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Holy moly the Burt and Renee thread in the informal collaborators forum was insane.avs showing up and dropping truth bombs and wild paranoia.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

I mean , on one hand they did loose their posting home and they were kinda right about the tax man.

On the other hand , everything else.

I say bring back fyad, but have shoujo hitler be the background.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

Please do NOT make fun of the person wearing a beanie like a member of the coneheads- thank you.

gently caress you i wont do what you tell me

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

The poster who said that fyad talked poo poo got hit was right.thats it.

Also i really like cspam but what happened to fyad should be a cautionary tale about comunities becaming insulated. Calling out poo poo posting in d&d is fun and all but sometimes i think we focus on that too much.

Its me , im the decorum poisoned.

Edit:^^holy lol^^

Antifa Poltergeist fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 1, 2020

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Dreylad posted:

it's true. and people rolling into cspam and ribbing people keeps this forum from crawling completely up its own rear end.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

This is really bad for the [humanity] but its such amazing content: the somethingawful story.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

imagining jeffrey in a very serious sit-down meeting with lowtax and their lawyers deep in negotiating the terms of the deal, and jeffrey trying very hard to ignore constant notifications pinging his phone from forum PMs, mod discord, email, calls from the other admins, etc

Imagine trying to explain to their finance guy that you expect revenue to increase by 6% because some brokebrain idiot cant stop posting slurs and rereging.
"Well our yoy expenses will go down by 23% because we eliminated our cookie outsorcing however q2 revenue will probably be down by 8% because users probably wont tox for basta this year"

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

I don't get you guys saying someone can't improve in 3 years, Hitler went from the worst monster in history to pretty neutral in like a second.

That Cyrano post was , at best, the world worst bait, but hell, strip his adminship and let him keep modding tfr, if people there agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

1) Bring back fyad, make it a sub of cspam
2) make every regular fyader a mod of fyad
3) wait approximately 3.14 seconds before everyone goes mad with power
4) everyone banned after the inevitable meltdown, except arf, who couldn't even find the mod buttons because we was busy making funny GIFs.