Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

nobody gives a poo poo about the stupid off-site or ZDR or forums squabbles or any of that poo poo right now.

this thread and the other ones exist because lowtax’s girlfriend and the lady who was running our front page has accused him of assault and domestic abuse and I believe her

don’t poo poo this thread up with other bullshit

what if we catch someone treating this as a big deal after previously referring to accusations of sexual assault against one joseph r. biden as "slander" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yinlock posted:

posting refugees setting off down the digital oregon trail

ford the goddamn river

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

what are they complaining about

loving COMMIES

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

imagine still going into a rage over furries in 2020

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

T-man posted:

To post in GBS you just have to post like them. Cover yourself in their dumb constant trolling poo poo, and if possible be cruder and dumber than them and never display negative emotion.

Adtrw is appearantly the same, where I was informed cspam hates gay people.

the adtrw folks brigaded into the cool zone to post a nazi photoshop to own the left so lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Meridian posted:

BnR from what I can see is going to need more mods, and there are some "features" of SA that a lot of refugees are going to miss, but they seem like they want to make it as good as they can and everyone I've talked to so far has been super chill. It might not be the place that we wanted, but SA isn't anymore, if it ever was.

my general view is that if cspam was your primary interaction point with SA then BNR will, largely, fit like a glove.

I expect there to be some pains for people coming over who maybe just had a little bit to do with cspam at most but mostly posted elsewhere.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Truga posted:

yeah c-spam is the most anime place after adtrw here, and adtrw is the most commie subforum after c-spam, which makes the whole infighting really bizarro to me.

there's still a bunch of "all anime fans are nazis/pedos" bullshit floating around the forum tho, and c-spam isn't cut off from that entirely.

there's a weirdo ongoing grudge because a decent selection of cspam folks were supportive of the TGRS trans folks who bounced months ago, and the adtrw folks really did not loving like the latter. which is why you'll see poo poo like one of them repeating the "Barney" poo poo that fyad dipshits were using to harass CascadeBeta for having temerity to yell about the transphobia issue at the time.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Truga posted:

so i get that this forum soon won't exist and people are trying to make folks join bnr while they still can but, uh, giving lowtax more cash by buying transphobic avatars about it isn't how you do that lmfao

lol no one in cspam bought that avatar, it was 100% poo poo stirring

for example, let me introduce you to the negrotown thread, where for years it was common for someone to buy anyone who got into an argument with the regulars there a racist/homophobic/transphobic av for the sole purpose of making the regulars look bad.

hell, more recently, just look at $500 worth of trump avatars someone's bought.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

thank god she's getting the gently caress out of there

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sharkie posted:

have links or screenshots of this? sorry but i'm not scrolling through 500 pages of a gbs thread

just check the lepers colony

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

In this, the end of days, I must admit I lurked the D&D discord for a long time. I did it because I was genuinely interested in what and how they thought and what they talked about in their own spaces.

It ended up being hilarious, especially when they banned me after the QCS thread about no longer being able to be open rape apologists in D&D. Boy howdy were they steamed about that one lol

lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

haha approvals go B&RRR

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gently caress i love the thin blue line

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

it's almost as if the problem with the forums wasn't actually the dipshit who barely had anything to do with them

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

for a quick illustration, MP went from a valued succ zone poster to getting a mod star to making an absolutely embarrassing post in qcs defending his choice to not punish rape apologia

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

my dude are you aware of this thing called institutional inertia

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dreylad posted:

there will probably be a Mod Reckoning for the mods who covered for his abuse

lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

like at least half the mods participated in an april fools joke with the punchline of "lol you thought we believed his beaten and abused wife"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

My gray "shorthair" sheds like his entire body of fur daily
he is also an idiot and I love him

he likes to wake me and my wife up at 4 AM to make sure we are still alive

our little calico kitten likes to wake us up with nose boops to the face :3:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yinlock posted:

wait until it starts moving up the It's Morning And I'm Hungry tech tree

you will pine for the days of boops

there's a reason i make sure to leave a little food in her dish right before bed.

and by 'leave a little food' i mean 'shake the dish around a little bit to make sure she can't see the bottom and use that as an excuse to not eat it'

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

it's funny seeing folks go "well yeah i saw the LC entries and obviously lowtax was gonna ban people for calling him a wifebeater" as if there was nothing at all alarming about it

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Asema posted:

i just want mods and admins to be held accountable and i feel like that's not a big ask

The history of the forums is that the only things that get a mod actually removed are a beaten or hosed kid and there is no reason to expect that will ever change. Lowtax was a problem but he was not The problem.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

that qcs thread is terrible and largely amounts to a bunch of "At the time I had Reasons for ignoring it, Good Reasons, and so I did."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

iirc Jeffrey said the ppj nazi deep ops was actually classified need to know and passed down to him when he became head admin.

lol

Someone got in touch with HomeEx and he said this was not a thing lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

PPJ as Bibble from that one Chappelle's Show sketch but instead of technological leaps forward it's videos of brown people being murdered

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jose having a normal one I see.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Crusty Nutsack posted:

ok I've been preoccupied watching cops poo poo on a children's protest all afternoon. what's going on with logan's feet? wut? can I get a quick summary?

if my understanding was correct lowtax was threatening to leak nudes so logan posted a pic of lowtax's face all up in her feet to go ahead and nip that in the bud.

if a mod thinks this explanation shouldn't be here for logan's sake feel free to edit.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

closing a thread for five minutes is a lesser evil than allowing GBS to egg on a vulnerable person into doing legally ill-advised things especially since, as is plainly clear, lowtax is a psycho whose natural response is to provoke you all into doing that

Buddy I literally didn't make any kind of comment about that thread closing.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yinlock posted:

i like how they're trying to put on the polite PR I See And Hear You facade and then iospace just blunders in like "WHY SHOULD I RESPECT THESE FILTHY SERFS WHO TALKED BACK TO THEIR BETTERS"

tbf it's completely in character for them lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

it will always amaze me that over the course of many threads in QCS about PPJ's modding, not once did he ever make anything resembling a substantial response to the criticisms of him. I'm not even sure he ever responded at all.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Javid posted:

but also he manages to fling blame at both his spine AND the actual federal Violence Against Women Act lmao

lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yinlock posted:

the fact that you two just can't seem to wrap your heads around people having a problem with abuse of power makes me wonder why you even came to c-spam in the first place

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you're a little bitch squizzle

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loving lol at someone posting a bunch of the gross poo poo that got posted and people tripping over themselves to go "well what were we supposed to do, tell them to stop?"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

turtilcious yelling boomer and throwing out a L4D'esqe pipe bomb in mall of america

lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

sensible cuckle

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chillgamesh posted:

PROBATION | 06/09/20 4:20 | Maybe next time come up with your own solution instead of just yelling in all caps about how mine is bad. Take a day to cool off. User loses posting privileges for one day. | Adolf Hitler | Adolf Hitler

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol