Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'll start. I'm playing this RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitiive Edition for the Nintendo Switch. In it, the humans were saved by a legendary hero, Dunban, with a legendary sword a year ago. He was badly injured after that and spent the year laid up in bed. The main character, Shulk, The Usurper, happens to puzzle out a bit of how to use the legendary sword during an attack, and decides he's gonna keep it. Like 3 days later, Dunban shows up and is like "hey I'm fine now, can I join your party". He does, and Shulk doesn't even offer his sword back. The dude saved humanity and the main character just implicitly thinks like, "well I called dibs". Doesn't this make him kind of an rear end in a top hat?

This is actually addressed and Dunban goes "don't think of giving that poo poo back to me, I'm happy with a normal sword"

I hope this lack of attention to detail is not indicative of your coming reign. Very concerning stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Good god, don't do this

over 3 years ago i made a thread wondering who would be our 200,000th member

we are now on 203,000.

lmbo

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
oh man alternate video embeds? i think there should be a 3rd option for youtube videos other than link url and embedding a full player. heres how i have it set up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3NTZtLepYo

way less resource intensive than a player for every youtube video in YT threads and all-around better and modern. i never fixed it so it overlays vid titles over the thumbnail though because i was gonna have to set up a youtube dev account to use the api :effort:

also there should be a user option to treat all youtube links as though they were posted with the embed tag

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Ratjaculation posted:

we are now on 203,000.

lmbo

And 2900 of those are avs reregs!

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oh my god. It is neat. This is so much better.

If you like that wait til you get Dark Reader. Once you go dark gray, it's the only way

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Everyone is totally jazzed!

Good luck with everything.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

I'll start. I'm playing this RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitiive Edition for the Nintendo Switch. In it, the humans were saved by a legendary hero, Dunban, with a legendary sword a year ago. He was badly injured after that and spent the year laid up in bed. The main character, Shulk, The Usurper, happens to puzzle out a bit of how to use the legendary sword during an attack, and decides he's gonna keep it. Like 3 days later, Dunban shows up and is like "hey I'm fine now, can I join your party". He does, and Shulk doesn't even offer his sword back. The dude saved humanity and the main character just implicitly thinks like, "well I called dibs". Doesn't this make him kind of an rear end in a top hat?

Sudden Javelin posted:

This is actually addressed and Dunban goes "don't think of giving that poo poo back to me, I'm happy with a normal sword"

Dunban was barely compatible with the Monado to begin with and using it was painful and actively killing him. You notice how one of his arms is just covered by a half-cape in his default armor? That thing's dead. All the nerves in it are dead and the muscle tissue is ruined. Arm Reduction occurred. Dunban is literally crippled because he tried to use the Monado and couldn't handle it. He doesn't WANT the Monado back, he only has one working arm because of it, and it was literally torture to wield.

Shulk gets to have the Monado because it doesn't hurt him the way it hosed up Dunban.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Can you change the forums stylesheet into Windows 95 hot dog colors? Thanks in advance.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ratjaculation posted:

i had a friend who went to hospital after making GBS threads out his guts from overeating protein powder

aim higher roth

It's alright, I'm on medi-cal

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
If I was a mod, everyone would get EVEN MORE bonus cat pictures, Just saying.

In all seriousness, though, please remove Burt Sexual.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

I want a theme that looks exactly like the Barbie.com website circa 2008

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

Anyway I'll start with the easy ones. Any agreement I will sign will involve the complete and immediate divestment of Lowtax and, when it is executed in the immediate short term, he will not receive any sort of continuing revenue from something awful. It will be a complete transfer with no outstanding obligations to him, or it won't happen. I'm not making any random radical changes to suit my whims or yours, unless they're funny enough. This will remain the premiere source of internet comedy on the web and hell, I'll be here with you. I dutifully promise that I will never allow myself to become SA's absentee landlord, and if I find that one day I am no longer interested, I will make sure they end up in good hands. I will see to it that funds used to purchase things on SA are used to improve SA, or saved for a time of need. I recognize that I am in no way the owner of this community, merely its steward, and this transition depends on my good will with you all as much as anything. I'm going to be crazy overwhelmed with messages for....awhile and I'm sorry if I don't respond to something.

Thanks a shitload to all of the other admins, mods, and users who hung in there. This place is great because of you all and it has nothing to do with me, or Lowtax. This is by far the best website on the internet and it will continue to be. This poo poo was really scary and sad and I really hope we can move forward a stronger community for it.

Also I'm gonna remove the (non-goon) ads. gently caress ads. Thanks to everyone who bought no-ads, maybe I'll give you some sort of perk, probably not though!!!

Nice one! Good luck and goonspeed.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
Also please remove Reene and Burt Sexual for making GBS threads things up during this trying time and carrying out forums grudges.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Can’t let a wrestler be in charge of the wrestling forum

Especially not such a terrible one (Seth Rollins the wrestler, not the poster, unless Seth Rollins the poster is terrible too, I don't know. I post alongside them in Fight Island but I'll be honest I don't know much about them as a person)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

7. Def use the amazing coding talent on here to improve the forums/video embedding/themes/etc

i once made a javascript that turned image black and white (and by made i mean copied off a google search) so hit me up

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

The answer is yes.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

we are now on 203,000.

lmbo

Putting up something on the front page people actually want to read would do wonders. But that :10bux: is a moat protecting SA from the ravening hordes.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

Especially not such a terrible one (Seth Rollins the wrestler, not the poster, unless Seth Rollins the poster is terrible too, I don't know. I post alongside them in Fight Island but I'll be honest I don't know much about them as a person)

i just knew you'd be into wrestling

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan
some have greatness thrust upon them

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Vagabundo posted:

They were enabling Lowtax's poo poo, and helped cover it up by banning and burying posts bringing attention to it, including a poster trying to bring attention to a GoFundMe set up for Lowtax's ex-wife, whom, at the time, was in a shelter with their kid.

god its almost like the ex-wife asked for that stuff to be taken down as per her lawyer's request or something, so that she could successfully win in court against the wifebeater fuckwad lowtax

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Jeffry, I’ve been a member here for a very long time (had an account since 2000 before this one) and I am glad you are doing this. One question/request. I do not know much/anything about you and I think I speak for a lot of us when I say it would be great to get to know who you are. If you do end up becoming the owner of this place, how do you feel about a post sharing a little about your background and what you look like and what you do in real life?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
can goon ads still be bought

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

i just knew you'd be into wrestling

I used to bbe a wrestler

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
Will there ever be SA merchandise again? I missed out on City Name Sports Team jerseys and my t shirt fell apart because I’m a fat sweaty slob. Also my SA hoodie has holes in the elbows and I can’t buy another one???

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Dell_Zincht posted:

I used to bbe a wrestler

Owen?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Dell_Zincht posted:

i'm a beloved poster by all. you have laughed at many of my great posts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blind Rasputin posted:

Jeffry, I’ve been a member here for a very long time (had an account since 2000 before this one) and I am glad you are doing this. One question/request. I do not know much/anything about you and I think I speak for a lot of us when I say it would be great to get to know who you are. If you do end up becoming the owner of this place, how do you feel about a post sharing a little about your background and what you look like and what you do in real life?

He should not do this.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

I used to bbe a wrestler

my wrestling experience is playing a multiplayer wrestling game on ps1 during 6th form, realising you could get out of the ring and go into different rooms teleporting all the players, and then never being invited to play again

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Hey Jeffery you single? If not, you and your partner open to new things?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Like less than 24 hours ago we had a thread about burning down low taxes house because people know where he lives and got a photo of his house and what car is he drives and poo poo, lowtax sucks but valuing privacy is 100% reasonable under the circumstances

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Blind Rasputin posted:

no

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Pick posted:

He should not do this.

He shouldn't, but he should be aware it will probably all come out anyway.

mobile suit goatse
Apr 21, 2010

Sid Vicious posted:

Thanks Jeffrey I love you you're doing an amazing job please make me a n admin and partner

this guy has such a hardon for being a SA mod, lmao.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yes.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

we can al get to see jeffreys face on a mugshot in 15 years

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

we can al get to see jeffreys face on a mugshot in 15 years

He gets to be the one answering the door when the Secret Service comes calling because LF did something stupid.

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 26, 2020

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

When you are owner will making GBS threads on the forums code be bannable as mod sass.?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Not probably, definitely. Once he's the owner of the LLC, it'll be public record; and then the internet investigation machine will know every aspect of his life.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

I'm going to be crazy overwhelmed with messages for....awhile and I'm sorry if I don't respond to something.

if you don't waste the money on brand new sportscars, you should be able to hire a dedicated personal assistant

just don't hire any goons thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jeffrey how long until ADTRW can get an anime tractor? Thanks and god bless