Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

feeling suspicious of F-04-83
The instadeath condition seems surprisingly lenient, at least in the very early game. The effect doesn't last long, So I'm guessing this one is a gotcha for forgetful/inattentive managers?
edit: nevermind, yes, yes it is. :v:

Other than that; question about cut legacy content for folks who played it.
For the moment, legacy anomalies (O-05-48-Z), (O-05-65-H), and (O-05-31-W).
I can guess (O-05-48-Z) got the axe for being too powerful, but what were the other two like in practice?

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

let it be noted: the value of having a pile of buffs and good gear on one employee is not to be underestimated, especially when everything is breaking out because of an easy mistake
such as sending someone to work T-09-82 and forgetting, causing F-02-58 to break out which then lets out T-05-41, T-02-71 and O-03-60 to all break out. :shepface:
but hey, on the plus side got to watch some anomalies too busy fighting eachother to hunt down my agents :v

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Latest LP update has me wondering.
I remember re-reading the dialogue during a talk with Angela, and I wonder if the cut dialogue could've shown in there?
(There being the top right replay thing. Don't remember the actual name at the moment)
I know I've seen a bit in the very beginning of one I don't recall seeing in an actual conversation.
I believe it was a message from either A or the Corp, expressing approval of the players work performance.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Urban Plague Q: Was E.G.O. Philip harder in earlier versions? Accidentally ended up fightin em, and steamrolled the poor schmuck
Got the feeling was supposed to pay more attention to the fights mechanics what with all the burn I was getting, but, well.
Kurakomo Netzach + Co ended up dunking em before they could put up much of a fight. (A Token of Friendship helped quite a bit with that.)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Just got the achievement Do Cloned Rabbits dream of Rapid Gashes?. They knew. :allears:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

think chesed is my floor of choice for Thumb/Torn Off Wisdom degeneracy.
T.O.W. discarding cards already sets Chesed up to be the discard king, but the extra light per discard really lets em shine.
try to build up a good ammunition supply, and let rip a barrage of burn/paralysis/disarm that, if it doesn't kill em this turn, it sets em up to go down the next.
so long as you manage your card draw to avoid a hand with nothing but ammo on your T.O.W. user, and you're golden.

plus if you're feeling cheeky: could also try slotting in one or two (no more) [Take The Shots] or [Indescriminate Shots] for that third attack die to get even more out of your ammunition.
its only a one time use, but rabbits [Sufficient Ammo] passive takes care of that if its a problem.
Just... keep in mind it works on your ammunition too, so ending up in a situation where you cant draw your actual deck becomes a much larger problem if you aren't careful.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

I originally planned to fully 3-man that fight, but uhh. It fell apart right after Yujin died, and I was like "Well I got what I wanted so..."

/gestures at the post.

It worked out.

Not looking forward to Ms. Fire, though. :shepicide:

ey, if I can beat ol toasty on accident with a floor to spare while bungling the mechanic, I'm sure you'll do great.
good luck with Yan tho, oof

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Mh'yeah. Fought I think a chapter 3 boss some inquisitor guy? in the mirror dungeon who looked like they had a whole thing with minions they could do, but ended up getting T1 Staggered and taken out T2 or 3.
Def had more trouble getting to em, but even with the oyster? abno's speed penalty they never had a chance.
I'unno, maybe getting the burn gifts with the Liu duo did the trick

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Junpei posted:

Liu team, of Meursault and Gregor
Shi team, of Don Quixote, Heathcliff and Ishmael

Like the burn duo + shi for mirror dungeons, there's enough burn/wrath/lust ego gifts in there to get a real good blaze going consistently.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

oof
ver generous of the two beast-inquisitor floorboss to revive my mostly dead party post-fight; though guessing the free revive/heal happens elsewhere too?
Packed a bit more punch than expected, that's for sure :shepface:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

would be nice if there was more mook variety yeah.
some more tingtangers, 2~3 fodder abnos for the fights, etc.
nothing fancy, just a little more color to brighten up the mirror runs.
or just more ting-tangers, that wee wish ability of theirs has potential

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Not sure about the resistances change, but I do like getting to see corroded egos outside my sinners getting whooped.

also, unrelated, but is golden apple a Giant Tree Sap aberration? Legerdemain looks p similar to it.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

new thread title

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

huh. thought abnos were rolling heads a bit too often, but couldn't tell if it was just bad luck. guess not entirely?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

hm. patch might need another patch. beat the first railway fight, screen went black and had to reboot the game.
probably a one-off, but we'll see

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

neat
turns out that for KQE-1J-23, while you can't clash their first crane pickup, you can evade it. Don't get to attack the heart, but your person doesn't get staggered either.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

managed to blunder through, and get 116 on my third attempt
(many, many fight resets were involved)

don't have much advice to offer, except:
-have someone who can dodge (Warp Don's good) for the cranebot. Can't clash the first crane, but can dodge and it saves a few rounds
-FauxBuddha has a very high defense at first. Rupture doesn't care. Any source will do, but Director 7 Rodion with Ebony Stem's passive can break the Murti

so, uh. good luck, and hope when we see K-Corp's finest again they aren't such beefwalls

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

bodhisattva chicken could just be chicken. Just, y'know, healed/harvested adnauseum. :goleft:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

in the dungeon now, and almost feel bad for the chickens
white gossypium starter gift, mixed N-corp with the Chefs (and Sinclair for bonus points), and the poor birds are just getting swamped in bleed.
damage not quite as bonkers as one of the pre-dungeon fights (pretty sure I saw Chef Ryoshu break 1000% multiplier at one point) but its been pretty drat good nevertheless

e: think there's also a new combat music for a few fights, which is appreciated

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 20, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

mild bug to be aware of: Apparently starting with an ego gift (at least hellterfly dream, in the new dungeon) doesn't block the event?
figured it was 50-50 on whether it would give a second hellterfly dream or not. (it did not. The sinners didn't get burned either though, so :shrug:)

Also: if your sinners are fast and a dancing chicken is encountered, consider politely not mentioning the sauce.
Or do.
So far every special ego gift has been very good, if not always build relevant.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

caveat for following: only been doing the spicy chicken dungeon with the one loadout, so cant attest to how well base identities/ego could do this

so, spicy chicken boss is faster if you ignore its whole minion mechanic
the lil chickens aren't that threatening, so you can just... Ignore them.
Two good clashes to keep the boss from hurting anyone, and just wallop on the body most every round.
sometimes watch as boss gets four chicken fling attacks (two you can't(?) clash with but still can hit you) for some reason, throw in some Ego attacks (Faust's sanity gen helps ignore the chickens) if you have the resources/Ego, and chicken crumples.
repeat until boss goes down
not quite autobattle, but this saves some bother with the spicy chicken

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 26, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

From taking a few attempts at it:
-noticed that Papa Bongy's body recovers the round after its broken, so that was annoying
-full kit blitzed the boss in three rounds and only broke out ego for chicken cleanup on the fourth. So ideally 4~5 rounds to beat the boss stage, gear permitting.

-Bare minimum consistently autobattled to boss just fine, but attempts without the Lighter/Coffee really hurt for keeping up Emitter+any ego to clash w/the Boss chicken.
--lone 'Successful' run ignored the basket where possible (only clashed with it, no unopposed), but did have to deviate for the smaller chickens a few times.
--390HP by round 5, 133 by 8, and boss down by 9. #9 itself spent cleaning up the fodder.
--So the minimum can't really go full blitz on the boss. Not unsurprising. Eyeballing it, 8~10 rounds for basic crew to do the job at all, with multiple non-boss targets prior to boss death.

-Not sure what an average kit for this would look like given the gacha, but guessing it would be somewhere in the lower-middle, about 5~7 with few attacks spent off the boss.

so for whether boss bashing directly saves time, it's looking more inconclusive than I first thought
guess give it a go if you think your team can handle it, with a minimum of non-boss clashes where it can be helped?

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 26, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Huh. Is that a Rosespanner Gregor in Rodions background? The arm kind of looks like a clamp or somesuch.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Huh. Thought we might get a self-paralyzer first*, but guess sinking got in first.
*Paralyze sets heads value to 0. Ergo, someone like N-Sinclair with negative heads end up benefiting.

e: below: Huh, so Heathcliff's does.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 5, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

GoodluckJonathan posted:

lmao

Ah yes, the Golden Boughs? Well, you see, they look like branches of a tree, and they sparkle as if made from gold. Hope that clears things up for you! Pay no attention to the space near the back of the bus that seems to go on for infinity and apparently eats people. Tally ho!
tbh think Vergil wasn't completely taking the piss.
Just mostly.
Roughly 98%.

...So, when asked what the Boughs are for, Vergil explains to Dante that the Golden Boughs are Branches.
Not directly helpful to Dante, that.
So, better question: What does one do with a normal branch?
Break it up, burn it as fuel, plant it to try and grow a new tree or graft it onto another?
I'd hazard Limbus Company is up to one of the latter two; planting or grafting.
How or why, don't know. Get into making/selling/exploiting Abno's for fun and profit?
Imagine it'll be a while before finding anything specific out for sure.

e: so nothing terribly revealing, but it would be a starting point for Dante to think on.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 6, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

LostRook posted:

Also, the top right of the stage select is looking really ominous.

Wonder if AEDD's passive can proc on its own corrosion?
E.G. Corroded Tails hit, whack self for 10% Max HP/+10 Charge Count, immediately turn around and spend the 10 Charge Count to heal 25% HP

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Poor wording on my part. You hit someone else, and get whacked by the 10%MaxHP damage from flipping tails.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Even if the two identities turn out eh in fights, their support passives look pretty good too.
...Do hope they get good stats though, I can see a solo Talisman Sinclair really running away with things if permitted.
So four~ moves of stacking talismans, fifth dumping them on the target, giving (talisman)x(rupturecount) to a target. Maybe anyways, we'll see when the I.D.'s roll out.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ariamaki posted:

Can confirm they are evergreen and appear in the Standard Fare section of the dispensery. Also can confirm that the new Starter Buff system seems to be based on a skill tree, branching out from a central start node to two different capstones across four lines. There's a raw offensive line, a Speed-and-survival line, a Resources line, and a healing + SP line. The capstones are "every 3 turns all your coins land on the same face" and "all your units lose their first stagger threshold entirely."

Oh, now that one's going to be very funny. Big 'feelin lucky?' energy, there.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

mildly concerned at the antics the enemies will be getting up to with all these tools we're getting.
Then again, if it means there won't be another guido the chump'd, that would be nice.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

The beach(?) episode approaches. Hope there's a Wellcheers Ego to go with it :v:
e: and/or a former lobcorp identity, say that one agent what got wellcheered onto a shrimpboat

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 7, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Lobcorp might not have a proper branch on the outskirts, but the early days did have a facility out there*. I think, been a while.
Probably long gone well before the branches all got sealed, or at minimum picked clean by scavengers.

*There being 'somewhere in the outskirts'. Where exactly, or even which direction from the city? :shrug:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

huh. still not impressed with poise, but in a team with one gloom person Pendant of Nostalgia actually builds it up quick. got hong liu puttin it to work better than actual poise identities

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

its interesting how the what gifts to take changes up a bit here. I found Disk Fragment so-so in regular mirror of mirrors, but in hard mode it really shines.
Then again, I guess that's true of most every Gift helping fuel Chains of Others/etc here :v:.

K-Corp Hong Lu also gets a honorable mention in my second attempt, as any clashes I couldn't win, I usually could redirect to them instead. They were made to tank, and they do it very well.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

think corroded rime shank was def one of the winners here.

[Atk Weight 3]
[On Hit]:[Inflict 10 Sinking]
[On Hit]:[Inflict 8 Sinking Count]

Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark. :allears:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

I knew we would see more shrimpboat. :allears:
...well, it's an E.G.O. not an identity, but still.
Oh, and might get to see that Sticky Muck/Walking Pearl abno fight?
looked like it or something similar was there for a moment

e: also wonder what's up in that ishmael background; water looking p cleanly divided back there between horribly polluted and crystal clear

e2: also also, crackpot wondering if K-corp's product has anything to do with those critters
turning out the 'original form of humanity' is become crab

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 21, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

yes

K(rab)-corp dumping bad batches and/or what's left of the odd employee wot fell in the goop out in the ocean, where it is now someone elses problem
e:(it is us, our problem)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Soda is also kill-dependent, where Emitter is not.
e: beaten, previews on last page

Hong Lu's soda is also curious, looking more for poise identities with a side of tremor on corrosion? hm.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

...did anyone else know we could right click a units status' effects to get a detailed breakdown of the ones on that unit?
bonking my form empties is a bit of an odd time to learn that's a thing, but eh :shrug:

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

think these zwei will be nice benchwarmers, depending on support passive requirements.
Not too impressive on the field, but worth consideration for helping your team survive.