Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Who What Now posted:

I'm going to assume they're calling Tesla a pigeon-lover.

I think they're trying to claim Tesla is from their country/region

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

HOLY gently caress posted:

Yule Cat owns. See also: Yule Lads/Christmas trolls. You put your shoe in the window and if you’re good you get sweets otherwise it’s rotten potatoes! Also I think maybe their mother who lives in a cave eats you if you’ve really hosed up but that might’ve been a special addition from my parents

From Duckyworth on Deviantart

There's a pretty funny rundown of the Yule Lads in animated form here from two guys who are not from Iceland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLtKlXjN44o First 4 vids, I don't know why the others are on this list.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

There's an artist I'm a fan of named JJ lendel and he makes (mostly) movie posters in old style. A lot of Star Trek, Star Wars, and even some X-files and Indy. Check out his stuff here - https://www.jjlendl.com/portfolio

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

The Bloop posted:

That really was an excellent show

A few of the jokes pop into my mind all the time

It's coming to Disney+ in the next week or two if you want to revisit it.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

The last one I was on was locked out.

Here's the latest.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3958040

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

That's Right Jon. I banished Lyman to the shadow dimension!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

These should be swapped so they're Beerus and Butthead

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Big the Frog needing to entice his little kitty friend back into his arms would have made Sonic Adventure 10x better. The target being a cat would also better explain his general assholeness rather than just lovely AI.

However, I do find the idea of hooking a cat with a fishing lure and reeling it in by the mouth to be a little cruel, even in cute video game form.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Knux Bux

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

It’s back :sickos:

With link for anyone searching like me.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3958040&perpage=40

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

flavor.flv posted:

In honour of the Sonic 2 trailer dropping, some of the best known work of the movie's lead character designer and storyboard director, Tyson Hesse:

poo poo, he got to become storyboard director? Good for him!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

It's Garfin time!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Tonight the role of Archduke Ferdinand will be played by Mario Mario

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

This feels like both the best and worst thing I'm going to see today

Turn off your monitor?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I'm all for it, but why is Columbo popular again?

I watched it with my dad on TV whenever there was a rerun, and even when I was a kid, most of the episodes were over 20 years old. Now I see Columbo showing up in memes and fan art everywhere, and I love it. But is it just because it's on streaming and readily available now?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

It reminds me of the animations from Arc System Works games, like DB Fighter Z, with the blur lines and squash and stretch. Neat that someone is trying that in a traditional animation.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I dig the song, what's this from?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Thanks very much

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

No, You are the demon, Jon Arbuckle

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I was just thinking that there's some evee evolutions that are not represented (yet) in Pokémon. I think the only other one is dragon.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

x
[/quote]

Cute as hell

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Love it

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I know it's not right, but in my mind, everyone in the Bluth SMB movie are voiced by Dom DeLuise

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I really like this.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Lux Anima posted:

What, breakfast time already?
A thread contribution, art by a Goon:

I appreciate this, but who is the guy immediately to Goku's left? My guess was the brother (Zack?) from the Carmen Sandiego cartoon. And what is the thing in front of Cobra Commander on the table? All the other little trinkets I recognize.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

These are both great.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This just came up on SAD, and will be a cross post in several threads of pyf. If you have items that are on imgur you want to keep, now would be a good time.

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1648883351233896448

Better grab copies of the old memes I made. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Content

CzarChasm has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Apr 20, 2023

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

OK, that's a cool song. What a bouncy fun sounding tune. The captions don't seem to translate super clearly, let's see if there's an English versi-

Oh. So that's what he's talking about. That hits different.

If you want an easier to understand translation, check it out here. Still bops, but CW: Suicide, self harm, depression - nothing graphic in the vid I think though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuqDSGUBMr8

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I know it's supposed to be a map, but I can't help but see it as a pair of underwear.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

That's my gem! I don't know you!
*creates pink bubble around himself*

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Love it. Love the Mayan looking Goblin and luchador inspired Mysterio

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I grew up watching a ton of Scooby-Doo and this hits all those tropes. Choosing “Seven Days a Week” for the chase sequence? :kiss: Perfect use of FNaF as a backdrop too.

I like how the intro was almost shot for shot with the OG.

The security guard looking off model, but like one of the narrators from the Rankin and Bass Christmas specials/Scooby-Doo version of Dick Van Dyke is a neat touch.

The voice actors for Freddy, Velma and Daphne sounded pretty accurate. Scooby and Shaggy were less so, but not terrible.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Of all the countless insane plot twists that series throws at you, i somehow forgot ocelot was apparently the boss' kid too somehow

I forget, was he born in space/LEO, or was she just pregnant with him up there?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

Aw, at first I was reading it as "Warpeach", which I think is more fun.

Princess gathered in her castle
Catching her is such a hassle

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

may very well be one of THE stupidest things ever posted in this thread, and has also been stuck in my head for three days now. Forklift Simulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fRW8-UQQms&hd=1

first the grumps did Forklift Simulator. Then Sbassbear made the remix. Then Arin and Dan got to witness the magic for the first time, and then a week ago Neal Pizzini made the above animated video. Just an impressive effort all around for such a stupid, stupid thing. I love the internet :patriot:

I'd seen this in my feed last week and I too have had it stuck in my head since then. If you haven't seen the other Neal Pizzini animated Game Grumps stuff, it's all pretty great. Chocolate Car is another banger.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

I-am-content-man

DUH nuh nuh nuh NUH nuh nuh NUH NUH

Well I'm glad you're happy

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

Those Phoenix Wright animations are great!

Zelda and ???

Marcille Donato from Delicious In Dungeon

wikipedia posted:

In a fantasy world of dungeon exploration, guilds set out on expeditions to raid dungeons, with many hoping to find the mysterious Golden Kingdom, which is said to be the treasure of an island dungeon. The story begins as a group of adventurers unsuccessfully attempt to slay a red dragon and are forced to escape as it consumes the leader's sister, Falin Touden, a "tallman" (human) spellcaster. Feeling indebted to Falin, who used magic to teleport them to safety, the remaining members of the party—Laios Touden, a tallman swordsman, Chilchuck Tims, a halfling locksmith, and Marcille Donato, an elven spellcaster—brainstorm how to get back to the dungeon level with the dragon in time to save Falin from digestion. With most of their supplies left behind in the dungeon, their mission seems impossible until Laios, who secretly wants to eat dungeon monsters, suggests they sustain themselves by finding food inside, to which Chilchuck and Marcille reluctantly agree. Inside, they encounter Senshi, a dwarf with ten years of experience surviving in the dungeon by cooking monsters and harvesting food.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Ok, that's pretty good effort for a joke.

Sharpen your drat knife, fictional cartoon person

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Excellent. It feels like something that could have come out a decade ago, but is still relevant today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I did the exact same thing, and had pretty much the same reaction.