Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

not caring here posted:

Was it Reade where those articles came out saying that she was a grifter with a trail of victims?

Yes, the "liberal" media did the exact same that the right wing does when one of theirs is accused of sexual assault - try to discredit the accuser's character by digging up completely unrelated bullshit about her past. It's loving shameful and it made it clear that "believe women" and #MeToo were just political tools.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Brute Squad posted:

A twitter user started summarizing the day's twitter/internet meltdowns in May. At the end of the month they turned all their posts into a google doc. It was popular with their followers, so they kept going. It's an accounting of who was twitter's main character on any given day, and aimed at the terminally online.

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDCORE/status/1290126357452607488

As strange as it sounds, these monthly summaries by weird twitter people really help keep me grounded in these turbulent times.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I am actually loving infuriated.

Countless people are dying every day, countless thousands more will be dying in the near future, tens of millions of people will be losing their homes and livelihoods.

...and these motherfuckers are looking to get paid.

https://twitter.com/PATreasurer/status/1291070203263148032
https://twitter.com/Public_Citizen/status/1291038804401442818

Capitalism is the best economic system because it drives innovation :shepicide:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's depressing that the people who have the best things to say about Biden are the Republicans :sigh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Current Event: Facebook has removed the dog buttholes post background after merely one glorious week and I've never hated the zuck more

Turn... off your monitor?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1291539215176667138

Forum events: apparently the whole "lowtax got a visit from the secret service" thing that got LF shut down was complete bullshit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That Works posted:

Billionaires become 2x billionaires just by sitting still. Great system.

Capitalism is the perfect economic system because it rewards productivity :hurr:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mustang posted:

Anyone else having a hard time seeing conservatives as their fellow Americans after all of this? I'm having difficulty seeing what value, if any, they provide to the United States.

Working class whites complain about the perceived superiority of coastal liberal "elites" but all they're doing is proving that they're just as dumb as we always thought they were.

I'm getting really drat sick of the "smart" conservatives and centrists who try to defend it as anything more than a wholly evil ideology. They wrap themselves in knots to try to rationalize "fiscal responsibility" as a good thing but absolutely refuse to connect the dots to what we're seeing now, which is leaving people to die of something that's easily preventable. And the worst part is they have Trump as an easy scapegoat for all these problems. Conservativism isn't the problem, it's all just Trump messing things up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Dr Grandayy (@grandayy) Tweeted:
ben shapiro be droppin bars https://t.co/QVzfMtY5fh https://twitter.com/grandayy/status/1292986271644745733?s=20

I like how Ben is often put forth as among the smartest guy the right has.

jfc this is both the best and worst thing i've seen all day

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

november is gonna be a blast

Possibly literally!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Biden bus is taking me farther from where I want to be than where I am now (just not as far as the Trump bus). Since neither bus is actually helpful for me, it's probably better to start walking.

e: also really cool how disapproval over Biden's stance on serious issues like healthcare is trivialized as "sulking" like it's a child being told they can't have a toy

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 12, 2020

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

not caring here posted:

So does this mean you're not gonna vote or are you gonna run for office?

It means that voting isn't the only way to get what you want.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm just pointing out that it's a lovely analogy :shrug:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BigDave posted:

OK, whichever bus stops killing people.

So, neither of them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lightpole posted:

Our current system is a two party system until the fundamentals change. Either operate in it or work to change the system. Since that is not happening in the next 3 months you can choose Trump or Biden. The GOP actions of the last ten years have encouraged a harder, more vocal liberal reaction this time around. I am optimistic but only time will tell.

Any serious 3rd party action will be absorbed by one of the two parties.

You have to participate in a broken system because we can't fix it now. Why can't we fix it? Because everyone is participating in it, of course.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Really looking forward to another 4 years of this kind of Good Things Just Arent Possible

Four years of "you can't criticize Biden for doing nothing, he's better than Trump!"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Not only did I do these crimes, I helped them get away with it. Pay me to find out more!

Fuckin A.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

These people keep throwing Hail Marys like COVID really gives a gently caress.

https://twitter.com/DougAndres/status/1294356749642801153

No bread. Only circuses.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Ehhh correlation ≠ causation or whatever, one might argue that that's just because that's where the most people are. However, this is the Trump administration we're talking about so malice is always on the menu.

Also with a few exceptions it's just a population density thing, as usual.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ded posted:

Wait. This guy, again?

He was caught throwing 2 pipe bombs last week.

I'm sure our valiant law enforcement agencies are doing everything they can to bring him to justice :)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:thermidor: :thermidor: :thermidor:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You're technically correct but I definitely wouldn't call her a sexual predator for it. Using sex to take advantage of people is a world of difference from taking advantage of people for sex.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nixon also didn't have the weird cult of personality that would allow him to bend reality like Trump does.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:jerkbag:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Remember that a pardon carries the implicit assumption of guilt. So he's basically posthumously forcing the admittance that what she did was wrong. Somehow I doubt that she would accept the pardon if she was alive.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

orange juche posted:

What is wrong with their faces

That's what happens when you hit "generate similar face" a couple times.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BigDave posted:

Conspiracy theory: Bin Laden killed himself and the raid just found his body. :tinfoil:

Galaxy Brain: Bin Laden never existed in the first place.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MrMojok posted:

Yeah, same. It seems to me that their main strategy has been to paint Biden as an Alzheimer’s patient and that speech really hurts that cause.

Yep, if there's one thing that completely shuts down the right, it's factual evidence and a good, well-delivered speech.

Christ, people have learned nothing from 2016 :cripes:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

You're on the moon. Electoral strategy is about turnout: increasing it with people who are likely to vote for your person and decreasing it for everyone else. Some messages happen to do both, but they don't literally change people's minds.

Yeah, statistically zero Trump voters are going to be convinced to vote for Biden. At best they will stay home. You've got to remember that to them, Biden is a hardcore radical communist who loves abortions and immigrants and hates guns and Jesus. As bad as Trump is, he's still better than Biden in their eyes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The scary thing about qanon is that the majority of the public that is not extremely online is still just making fun of them rather than treating them like the serious threat that they are.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Turns out it's really easy to take advantage of people when you appeal to a higher sense of purpose, who knew.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SeaborneClink posted:

It's bad though, for sure.

I couldn't see Pikes Peak from I-25 today. That's pretty bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Every argument for having a minimum voting age can be used for a maximum voting age too. And there are other arguments for a maximum voting age, like the fact that old people won't be alive to see the effect of their horrible policies.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

A maximum voting age would disproportionately disenfranchise women.

Good point! I hadn't considered that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That seems like a recipe for disaster.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This poo poo is pretty scary when you translate it from chudspeak.

"Blue states and cities are the enemy, and they want to invade your quiet small town."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Unless he drove from Oregon to Wisconsin, these are some other idiots.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Because it's the stupidest year ever, I'm going to predict that the NBA strike will end with players forced at gunpoint to play.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

~40% of the country are just full blown bloodthirsty psychopaths, and we have to figure out how to deal with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just assume he's going to walk. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised, but you won't be disappointed.