Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Is it too late to get into dead by daylight? I am interested in but it seems like the game is so old that the meta is super established and all the little odds and ends have been optimized and I'll be absolutely wrecked. Is there any kind of skill based matchmaking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I am trying this game after the rec, but I literally cannot find a game as a survivor. it just looks for a match indefinitely.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, because BHVR made playing killer punishing and unfun, so a bunch of people stopped playing killer.

What changed?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I really don't get the blood web. So like the survivor I have has three shared perks but I only see one in the blood web?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

BitBasher posted:

This is correct, and I wouldn't have thought of it!

I have now adopted the strategy of shuffling a lobby back into the deck if 3 or more PC players pop simultaneously. It's honestly worked great for my enjoyment of the game, thanks!

How can you tell if the player is on PC?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Is pyramid head bad? I have never seen him played.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I find looping to be an insufferable and uninteresting mechanic having only a handful of hours in the game. Its just tedious and dumb. I wish they could come up with a better "chase" meta

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah you guys weren't wrong. Playing this game as killer for just one day and now my lobbies are 100% dead hard, and mostly also decisive strike. Insanely poorly designed game this is.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 20, 2022

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Its like they just don't know how to balance this game. There is zero reason dead hard should be in this game.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Honestly at this point we have to hope a spiritual successor comes along and does what this does only better and with a decent studio behind it.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Relyssa posted:

Extremely ready for VHS to come out and kill off DBD for good.

Ooo this game looks awesome

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
What would be the best killer to always drag someone to a basement. I want to gently caress about with a dumb build. I know perk wise what teachable perks I need but I'm more curious if there are any killers with powers that make carrying a survivor to a basement easier?

Perk wise I'm thinking agitation, iron grip, territorial imperative and monstrous shrine.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Medullah posted:

Mad Grit and Starstruck with Agitation and Iron Grasp is pretty much the basement warrior build. Territorial imperative is pretty pointless unless you really want to camp the basement, in which case you'd be better off embracing your inner rear end in a top hat and use Leatherface with Insidious.

Yeah I considered Leatherface but he's so boring to play imo, was hoping there was someone more interesting. Insidious makes sense but I don't want to completely camp the basement which is why I thought territorial might be good but maybe it's trash

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

rydiafan posted:

I don't know if you own Demogorgon or not, but if you do, this build is mean/fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-qix4OYfzU&hd=1

What were the other perks he was running?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I also really like making friends as a killer. But if they are running borrowed time, decisive strike or dead hard they have to die as a matter of principle.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Tiny Myers posted:

I wouldn't treat BT the same as the other two. Or DS, even. BT is something a lot of people run in solo queue to help with tunneling/just to be courteous to the person they're unhooking. I used to run it all the time. Some people will get pissed at their fellow survivors for not running it (ask me about getting bitched at for not having it when none of my teammates had it either!). DS, too, is something a lot of people will switch on after getting tunneled to poo poo. They are not meant to be lovely to you, they are meant to safeguard against lovely tunneling killers that make games incredibly unfun. Both of these are measures you can avoid easily by just not going after the person who was unhooked. Of course, if they're an rear end in a top hat and bait out DS then feel free to punish them yeah.

Dead Hard, on the other hand, I am very tired of seeing.

I understand your point but I still have a code.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Dodging SWF makes this game 100000% more enjoyable.

Edit: Trying to learn nurse and watching a video. At this timestamp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwYQImUDgXo&t=1138s
he shows some recommended perk. There are two with entity claws and a generator. I know one is hex: ruin but I cannot figure out the other.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 23, 2022

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Do offerings that grant bonus xp for a category, like brutality, do they help me get to the "max" cap of the category faster, or are they a bonus to what I earn in match? I guess what I mean is, if I am hitting max cap normally are those offerings relatively worthless?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Is there anyway to easily find the shadowstep totem, other than just listening for the sound. COH and shadowstep is such an insufferable combo.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
OK. Playing wraith, whole team of DH/DS/BT annoying as hell. Chase someone who got off hook and hit her, BT triggers ok sure, but I thought that meant she had deep wounds. I cloak and just chase her waiting for her to enter the dying state when she doesn't mend her deep wounds but it never happened. What happened?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
How pointless then. Borrowed time is such an annoying perk. Surely there are better ways to deal with tunneling than that nonsense.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Because often the person on the hook is the bastard who has CoH and shadowstep and I want him dead on principle.

It just sucks that there are like 5 persk that are heads and shoulders above all others: CoH, Shadowstep, DH, BT, and DS

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Pyramid head is very fun but I need a way to extend games. He's not great at gen patrolling so by the time I'm competitive there are only one or two gens left. Any good, easy to get perks to extend the game? I don't want to grind a different killer to 30+

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Honestly they should just make it so survivor totems are also only one time. If killers totems are so easily destroyed and then that's it, survivors should be the same. The biggest problem with shadow step or CoH isn't that it exists necessarily but it's that if you know "ok that part of the map is where it is" you then have to commit a lot of time to finding it and snuffing it out, and then the survivor will just make another one instantly. And if it ignore it well they just heal forever. So terribly designed

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
There are tons of potential fixes but obviously the devs are entirely incapable

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
So I am thinking nurse heal and hex ruin makes the most sense to work towards for pyramid head. Luckily you don't have to play the killer you are trying to get traits for to actually level them up since you can spend bloodpoints however you want.

If anyone else has any awesome suggestions for perks for pyramid head let me know. Hag is at least decently fun to play (unlike trapper)

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

DeathChicken posted:

I'm All Ears off Ghostface is probably Pyramid Head's best perk. "Oh you vaulted and went behind a wall, just lining up and hitting your aura now through that wall"

Ah that makes sense. Problem is I really really suck with the whole "when you are in aim mode/leaving your trail your aim becomes all fucky". I get some hits but man it fucks my muscle memory.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I agree its very cool that they have developed an MMR system that rewards tunnelling one survivor as opposed to hooking 4 others 2 times each. A clearly superior way to enjoy video game Dead by Daylight

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Also very cool that I can be a hidey scared selfish teammate and escape with 5k points and be equally as skilled as everyone else who made it out and even did better than the guy who risked it all for his team but died.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Maybe comparing chess to something like dead by daylight is inherently a really incredibly stupid thing to do in the first place.

It's also insane to say "well it's hard to measure other metrics in this game other than wins" while the game currently has those metrics as a core part of the game.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
We talk a lot about killer builds but what are some fun but not sweaty survivor builds. Not interested in BT/DS/DH/CoH

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Minorkos posted:

You could stack healing speed perks and become unkillable in the circle of healing

I have self respect

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Is it possible for a killer to be using speed hacks? Just played a game against hte bird girl and she had no perks/addons at the end screen but she was fast as poo poo. She could close the gap on me faster than I've ever seen a killer do.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
It might be stupid but have been enjoying detective tapps perks. They probably aren't meta but they are fun! Plus plunderers is just a good time to get items in match and not stress about losing things.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
If everyone is complaining about how bad the SBMM is, maybe its bad and we should all move on instead of bending over backwards explaining why, despite almost everyone saying its bad, its not actually bad because chess or something.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
It really is wild to me that a game like DBD can have both the kindred perk and SWF.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

temple posted:

I had a ghostface last night that camped the hooks and exposed anyone that came to rescue.

Do gens, you are guaranteed an escape. It's lovely to be the one hooked but that's take the best response

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
As a survivor do I get a notification when a killer hex is in play?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

DeathChicken posted:

Yes but the hex has to be affecting you. Like Ruin isn't counted as "on" until it's regressing a gen you worked, then you have a notification. NOED isn't considered on until someone is downed by it.

I thought no Ed started as soon as gens were done...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
So who is your most fun/satisfying killer? Maybe they suck but they are just a lot of fun to play?