Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

coronatae posted:

Is it covid or menstrual fatigue and lack of sleep

absolutely :same:

but hey good thing I got my one-time delivery of 4 free COVID rapid tests from the USPS today !!!! :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Before this week I had legit thought about a period tracker app being something I would make as babbys first app because I was fed up with Clue nagging me to make an account so they could deanonymize my data. Maybe I need to revisit this idea.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

HopperUK posted:

Seriously, yeah. I use Clue but I won't sign up for an account. And I'm in the UK so the dangers are different. ...at the moment, anyway.

I eventually just uninstalled Clue and started using MyCalendar. I had like 3 different period apps installed at the same time for a while to see what worked best and MyCalendar was good enough, doesn't appear to be any kind of account/cloud storage they offer at all. I don't think I tried out P Tracker.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

YeahTubaMike posted:

The only period tracker I've ever used is Google Calendar. Not that I'm considering using an official one now, but what were the benefits of period trackers?

I honestly only use it to get an alert that my period is starting soon. I suppose I could do that with Google Calendar too but :effort:

I do also have a custom alert set up to remind me to do a breast self exam two weeks after my period is over. For some reason none of these apps have that as a standard option. It will totally be one in the app I'll probably never actually get around to making myself.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

KitConstantine posted:

This is actually because the hormones that flood your body during your period likely loosen your ligaments which can result in increased injury :eng101:

what the gently caress?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I learned today that a woman's sense of smell is sharpest when she's most fertile because holy gently caress I am smelling every little thing and it's giving me a headache. Had to do the pet cage cleaning one day earlier than normal because I could smell it on the other side of the house. This is the worst.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Pyrtanis posted:

I used to get UTIs all the drat time, and a doctor up here in Canada mentioned something about chicken carrying the bacteria? I thought she was nuts but nope! Turns out chicken can really cause it so be advised

e: we switched to buying frozen chicken and ever since I've been free of twat-rot

Yo, what the gently caress

Edit: aw poo poo a UTI snipe

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

wizardofloneliness posted:

I've had a couple small acne spots on my face for the last week, they weren't really doing anything but they weren't going away either despite my best efforts. Of course as soon as my period hits they become giant inflamed whiteheads overnight. I had really lovely skin as a teenager and maybe five years of clear skin in my 20s, then I guess my body decided I didn't deserve that anymore either. I would definitely make a deal with the period devil to make my cramps 10x worse in exchange for no hormonal acne.

About a year ago I started taking Spironolactone for my (grown rear end adult) acne and that poo poo worked so well. No not hormonal acne! My skin looked great for the first time in years!

Then it started loving with my menstrual cycle. Spotting for a month straight. Horrible breast tenderness. Irregular periods. These things had never happened to me before. Figured I'd adjust to the new meds after a couple of months. Instead I just started having weird sharp abdominal pain that didn't go away. And what felt like a mass in one breast. I ended up having all kinds of tests done, including my first ever mammogram and a vaginal ultrasound (which honestly wasn't as horrific as I assumed it would be). They never did find anything.

Anyway, I stopped the Spironolactone pretty much immediately after that and now my skin has gone back to poo poo but at least I'm not having all kinds of mystery pain anymore. It really did do wonders for my skin so maybe chat with your doctor about it. It seems like some mild side effects are fairly common (like irregular periods and spotting) and what happened to me was fairly unusual. I've been procrastinating on making an appointment to go back to the dermatologist to try something new.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I ditched Clue and use My Calendar now. I only use it for period date tracking and it works fine for that imho.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Nothing quite like a day full of plans and not being able to accomplish any of them because you're stuck on the couch with debilitating cramps.

:thumbsup:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Treecko posted:

I used nexplanon after my daughter's birth, but it's been taken out for over a year.

My cycle just really never went back to normal, I don't know if the extra hormones hosed me up or if it's just how I am.

Condoms are OK, but they smell so bad it ruins the mood when we use them. They smell like burning rubber to me.

I just want to have sex with my husband, my body blows. If it's early menopause, I'll take it, no worries about getting pregnant again.

Tell him to get a vasectomy. :)

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Mentioned in a group chat for the first time like ever about having some bad cramps, get a dude telling me I should talk with my doctor to make sure I don't have endometriosis

:thanks:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

coronatae posted:

One of my friends is TA'ing for an environmental science/policy class and at the start of the year the students had to make a post identifying an environmental challenge and how to address it. This idiot guy decided his issue was the waste caused by disposable menstrual products and the solution was hysterectomies.

Incredible galaxy brain thinking

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Not only am I having a cycle from hell this month, I have developed a UTI as well. God dammit. Naturally I was planning to travel for the eclipse tomorrow and be in the middle of nowhere all day long.

Blaming all this poo poo on the goddamn moon

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I think my suspected UTI is actually an ovarian cyst, which if I have had them before I've never noticed. I am not having to pee constantly anymore but now I've got this dull ache in my side/back. Highly annoyed bc I did this virtual visit to get antibiotics for the UTI late Sunday night because I was traveling early Monday for the eclipse, felt better Monday so decided to wait to take the ABs if I didn't need them, then worse Tuesday. Went to an urgent care to get a urine test done because I did not want to take antibiotics if it was not necessary, the provider was like "just start the antibiotics now and we'll let you know if the culture comes back as something resistant". Started the antibiotics on Tuesday and the test results just came back in, and they are negative. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Pelvic pain and frequent urination for two weeks and so I finally went to my doctor, who told my to take a laxative because I was probably just constipated. :what:

She did give me a referral for ultrasound tho in case it is an ovarian cyst but kinda implied there was really nothing to be done even if they find one???