Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Chillgamesh posted:

They updated her dialogue to reflect Y'shtola coming back from the first :aaaaa:

Matoya complains Y'shtola hasn't visited despite being back for a while, and assumes Y'shtola did something she'd find embarrassing if Matoya found out. It sounds to me like Y'shtola doesn't want to admit she used Matoya's name on The First. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

There is also at least one heartbroken lass at the Crystarium sad that she'll never see Thancred again :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Plus they’re immortal super wizards who can create poo poo out of thin air, teleport to the moon and across dimensions, and possess people, living and dead.

His voice being deeper might just be some of the last vestiges of his “great hero” persona/fantasy.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

fool of sound posted:

Sharlayan fashion icon Krile Baldesion

Gown woman wearing a moogle coat.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nibble posted:

The Bozja Incident feels oddly familiar, in that a similar event came up in the Crystal Tower raid story. Didn’t the Allagans try to harness some type of power that ended up being too much for the Tower and took out the surrounding area?

That either is the incident you're thinking of or you're getting mixed up with the fall of the Allagan Empire, where the activation of Dalamud's energy transfer to the crystal tower caused the land around the tower to shatter and massive earthquakes to break out all over the world.

Vermain posted:

More or less. [spoiler]The Fourth Umbral Calamity was caused by Xande attempting to call down the entire stored power of Dalamud into the Crystal Tower at once in order to tear open a Voidgate to fulfill his pact with the Cloud of Darkness. It proved too much for the Tower to bear, and the resulting energy spilled out, causing a world-shattering quake.

Its funnier than that, IIRC. The tower was reinforced to handle the energy flow, but they didn't think to reinforce the terrain around the tower from the sheer force of the energy transfer. The ground under the tower shattered/disintegrated, plunging the tower into the earth and severing the connection. This resulted in Dalamud just beaming all that raw energy into the land itself, causing such devastation. (This was NOT Xande's intention! :v:)

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 10, 2020

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The grapes are just Azem picking the wry/joking answer to why they wants to save a bunch of people's homes instead of them being forced to relocate.

It is probably also true though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Insert name here posted:

It's been a while since I've seen the cutscenes, but wasn't the whole reason Gaius and Estinien ended up in the throne room at the end of 5.1 was because Gaius wanted to ask if the Garlean empire really was founded by an Ascian?

no, they ended up in the throne room because Gaius heard Varis scream in pain and his first thought in the middle of a dangerous stealth infiltration was to immediately rush into the throne room shouting "YOUR RADIANCE!" in great concern for his former boss and blow the whole mission.

That is the moment I knew he was definitely still a fascist lapdog at his core.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

One of these days Hydaelyn. POW! Straight to the moon!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

hazardousmouse posted:

He's dicking around cause that's how he gets our attention. Poor dude is so busted he literally doesn't know any other way of getting us to come over other than committing atrocities

He doesn't just want a sparring match, he wants the the greatest title fight ever. The match of the century eternity. And since he knows we're so.... hesitant, the only way he's gonna be confident we're gonna come out swinging with 110% the second that bell rings is if he destroys half the godsdamned world and threatens the other half with destruction if we don't stop him.

I don't think he even cares if he wins or loses the fight. Its not like there is any meaning in his life left after it anyways.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maybe we'll finally get to see the Twins use Twincast. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

This would suck. I don’t want Arenvald fighting anymore. He was never good at fighting, he just felt obligated to do so because he had a rare trait that let him potentially fight extremely dangerous things.

Now that he can’t fight (physical battles) anymore he’s free to find what he has a true talent for. A way to contribute to The Fight as more than just a fool with a sword. Like Fordola said, there is more to being a hero than that.

I will be extremely disappointed if they do some magical or technological asspull and “fix” his new disability.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Somehow I never been creeped on since fantasiaing from Swolelander to Catgirl.

Is it because I'm a suncat? Or because I tend to wear clothes that don't show much skin? :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

If you're gonna idle in Limsa, do it up in the Drowning Wench. Not in the plaza where all the crazies sit.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

thetoughestbean posted:

Cid started making weapons again thanks to the Omega raids and the two things he made were a gundam and a pulse that makes ceruleum explode. Jesus Christ, Cid

Technically The Gundam was just salvaged and refitted, its an Alagan Weapon. You even broke it in the first place on one of your many dungeon runs. Its the Ultima Warrior from Fractal Hard.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I want this scene so badly

https://twitter.com/bufoodyne/status/1400105696943689729?s=20

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

hobbesmaster posted:

This might actually come up in endwalker, I bet she’s officially there to guard or monitor the remnants of new sharlya, especially the library and antitower.

I believe that was her stated excuse for why she was allowed to stay behind, or something like that. Well, that and the forum probably knows better than to try to force the stubborn old witch.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

But Emet does indeed show up to help you with Elidibus. This is after the Hades fight.

That was not really him, its just a contingency creation he made just like all the ghosts in Aumarot, because Emet was smart enough to know if you beat him then next is Elidibus and Elidibus is a dead end that will never truly succeed because he doesn't remember anything anymore, so might as well help the newbies. The contingency did what it was meant to do, (free you from Elidibus' most likely method of defeating you) and, its purpose fulfilled, dispersed back into aether.

Emet-Selch is gone.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The other ascians were shot with a bullet. We shot Emet with a tank shell.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Naanamo.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ironslave posted:

Something I only just noticed: all the Scions have their graduation tattoos placed on their necks, where it's obvious but also not disruptive to their profiles.

Except Urianger, who made sure it got placed right on his face like he wants to scream that he's a scholar.

Matoya has an Archon mark on her face as well. You just usually can't see it under her hair.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah Emet wanted nothing more than to cast off his responsibility and just rest. He was tired.

But how could he do that? How could he turn his back on the world and the people he had known? No one else was gonna be able to do it. The other two options were a senile fool and a man who had forgotten nearly every reason behind his actions.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Makes you wonder if, in one of his many lives in the various shards, he’s ever penned a “fiction” that is basically the Fall of Amaurot.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I really wonder what Garuda the Allagan General was like given how freakin Psycho the Ixal Goddess Garuda is.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

sexpig by night posted:

it's so funny to me that the ultimate power behind the scenes of the very world just had a handgun

Why sully his own aether with such menial a task?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm not worried about the Scion A-team dying. Its people like the Scion B-team or our other many and widespread friends that I'm worried about.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well the “Exarch” and Biggs III(?) might’ve been raiding the ruins of Ishgard to find an original copy of the book Heavensward so they could have an accurate account of the history and not just the conflated/

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Eopia posted:

With 5.3 it's implied that this guy was one of Elidibus' 'go find new adventurers, cause minor problems, and then lose to them on purpose to encourage their heroics' minons, because they were doing the exact same things.

Yeah, IMO, that Ascian is basically intentionally chewing the scenery there because he’s playing the role of inscrutable evil wizard while trying to create minor heroes for Elidibus.

[edit] Actually I guess it depends on whether the Ascian is intentionally speaking Eorzean to be understood or the Echo is letting us understand their Ancient language. They definitely didn't know we had they echo at this point, I'm pretty sure.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 28, 2021

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Jetrauben posted:

Given time, presumably a sin eater might become sapient like Innocence is. Not necessarily balanced, but literally capable of functioning socially..

Well, Light (confusingly labeled “Umbral” on The Source due to a difference of fundamental viewpoints on aetheric theory…) is the polarity of Stasis/Stability, while Dark (Astral on The Source) is the polarity of Change/Movement. It’s possible that due to these overwhelming influences it’s much more difficult for a Sin Eater to develop a complex being/mind than a voidsent.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 1, 2021

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yes, Dragons do not exist on The First.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm not sure I like this development, but I'll wait to see how they build off it before completely condemning it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

ImpAtom posted:

As a side note it's really goddamn impressive that G'raha remembers anything when he has several thousand years of memory floating around his head. I can't remember what I had for breakfat.

The Exarch was "only" 300 or so years old at most. Also this is still young G'raha, just with Exarch's memories stuffed in him. It'd be interesting to see just how much they feel like "his" memories or if they feel something more like memories of a book you read that detailed an alternate life you might have lead.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yup. He's such a busy mess lol. Usually poorly lit too

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Basically the Ascians are constantly playing an exceptionally delicate and dangerous game with every shard. They need to prime reflections for a rejoining, but they also need The Source aligned to the same element/polarity, and neither of these can be allowed to progress beyond just the right amount of build up or you get the losing situation that turned the 13th to The Void and nearly saw The First similarly lost to light.

Add in the fact that time can apparently flow at different rates across the reflections and the Ascians might have to forestall the doom they created that threatens to claim a reflection for years while they work to bring The Source into matching alignment (or vice versa). Not to mention usually having to give The Source centuries or millennia to rebuild its civilizations to the point conditions can be brought to a rejoining again after the last calamity.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 22, 2021

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Every rejoining increases Zodiarks power, I assume once they’ve done enough he’ll break free of the ever-weakening Hydaelyn’s shackles and then Zodiark himself will have the power to finish the rejoinings and even probably fix the 13th (he fixed the very laws of reality after all… supposedly).

There are undoubtedly flaws in the Ascians plans and Emet at least seemed to understand that (if tried to deny it) but from their perspective they just can’t give up because it might not work.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

https://twitter.com/auuo/status/1454286325931147267

He's cleared 5.3

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

We just had an entire expansion that had "Self sacrifice is stupid" as one of its reoccuring themes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Lolorito also probably wasn’t expecting the ever faithful to Eorzea Scions to resist arrest as hard and violently as they did.

He probably planned to let us stew in jail a few days, then clear up all these “misunderstandings” by pinning everything on the now-dead Teledji (this is where he would’ve eliminated Teledji if he hadn’t committed suicide by bull) and let the scions free and “clear” (and owing him one for saving the Sultana and Sultanate).

Unfortunately the Scions didn’t stay as passive as he expected and everything ended up a real mess.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Alphinaauud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Onean posted:

The lines preceding that sound close to Fandaniel, but those two definitely don't. I don't recognize who they are, but they sound like an older character.

It kinda sounds like Fourchenault?