Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hoary Boulder gets promoted to Full Scion Status in 7.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Valentin posted:

but not coultenet??? you sick gently caress

They Scions all think he's just an extention of Hoary, so he gets a full promotion by default.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Onean posted:

for now they're more interested in smoothing out the rough points and making it less arduous to get through everything.

If they really want to do this, then they need to decouple mount riding from Story Progression (and GCs, by extention), and let you unlock it at Level 10 through a Side Quest.

Right now, it's very easy to get a Job into the 30s before you ever get the Level 20 quest for that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

The only thing you'd want from Kingdom Hearts are fighting the Heartless/Nobodies, Ansem and Xemnas and the Org XIII imo.

And, as mentioned, O13 Weapon Glams.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Here's Swolbez in 4k

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

More translations!

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1652901081083707393?t=VPE7N-9cMKMFRkQQdY45DA&s=19

One of the most interesting to me is we're catching going to catch a 'hint' of what's coming in 7.0, but yoship seems confident we won't be able to guess

Blue Mage info from this interview summary:

This time, there is nothing that exerts a special effect like "Ether Copy", but there are many unique and characteristic blue magic

・There are many magic that can be enjoyed visually, and there are many that will make you smile. My favorite is the one that summons a "broom"...
・Blue mage will be updated in the future 7.X series
・I have ideas for other limited jobs, but it will take a lot of man-hours and I have not decided when I will start. Even if there is, it will likely be a while yet.
・The learning of blue magic will extend to the first world, but the story will not cross the dimensional gap

And a couple of Other Things:
・The new FFXIV 10th anniversary project is still in progress
・From patch 6.4 onwards, the whole year will be full of measures for FFXIV

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I take it to mean that from 6.4 until the end of the year, they'll be adding various stuff in celebration of 10 Years Of Yoshi-P Saving Final Fantasy XIV.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Viera will be replaced with Loporrits. Still won't be able to wear hats.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oh nice! 6.4 will finally add some Stormblood Dungeons to Duty Support: The Sirensong Sea, Bardam's Mettle, Doma Castle, Castrum Abania, and Ala Mhigo.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Oh hey, that must be one of those Crystal She-Bears that Lahabrea said was protecting me during the Ultima Weapon fight at the end of ARR! :buddy:

:mad:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Close, but not quite. That just means they're adding Bisexual as a job, and only those people will be able to smooch G'raha Tia.

You will be required to finish the 7.0 MSQ, which will then unlock the 7.x Raids that culminate in being able to smooch G'raha Tia.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hexwren posted:

what even is a dgkk and what's it matter to us

DragonGod KnightKings, one of the Goon FCs on Excalibur.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Tomestone Gear and Weapon Design Contest Winners

Edit: Only the Weapons are from a Design Contest

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 12, 2023

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vitamean posted:

fwiw, the weapons are from the weapon design contest. the gear was designed by the dev team.

Thanks for the info. Updated my post to clarify.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nessus posted:

You must speak the word of power

SCREE!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

6.4 Story Bingo Sheet

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

stev posted:

The Gaius one seems unlikely at this point but you never know

He's quickly becoming Batman, going through so many Robins...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Didn't they already say that they choose new Jobs based on Armor Classifications, and that Scouting would be the next one to get a new Job?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Personally, I want 5 new Jobs, one each for Tank, Healer, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, and Caster DPS. And they all dual weild Shields.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

La Hee, La Hee, and La Hee

is there an orchestrion roll of Soken's on-stage performance?

Not yet, but I'm hoping it'll come with 6.5 or 7.0...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

This game will never have a healer that heals through melee combat.

Every healer will always and forever be ranged.

That's OK. My dual shield healer would still work. They'd throw one shield for doing damage, and the other for healing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

derra posted:

Does anyone know wbat bicolor items were added this patch?

Word is it's just 1 or 2 furniture items.

The new bicolor gemstone items seem to be the only things not on this list.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So my take away is we have Jenova. Different name, same thing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Re: Y'shtola's Age, I decided to see what the Fandom Wiki had to say:

It then has the following note:
Y'shtola's younger sister Y'mhitra Rhul is 26, and Y'shtola said she was Alphinaud's age when the Sharlayan Colony was abandoned, 15 years ago, which would make her approximately 32.

And then, of course, there's also this to consider:

bobtheconqueror posted:

Since Shadowbringers there's also the weirdness where Y'shtola (along with Thancred and Urianger) is like 5 years older than the body she inhabits, which adds some additional wrinkles to her lying about her age lmao.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

bobtheconqueror posted:

I guess that went to Papalymo at 42.

Now there's a character who got shafted.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Re: Thancred, Minfillia, and the Gobbue Incident, I don't think it was an accident. I think it was an assassination. Has the game ever come out and said this?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

I can't recall if they were just pranking or activists, but Thancred F'halminn and associates set the gobbue loose. They's why they felt so guilty when it killed someone and took care of Minfilia as a result. Now, her dad was a supplier of the Resistance so I think it's been implied that his dying in the chaos may have been more than an accident, but the incident was definitely their doing.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yes, it multiple spots. It was an accidental killing but one of the crafter (Stb Alchemist IIRC) story lines go into it and F'lam's Group's plan. They basically planned to cause the thing to go berserk and break loose during the parade, recapture it and rouse the people to an uprising to pull attention toward the incoming Garlean threat.

It did not go like that and Hilariously, one of the men killed in that was an informant that was bringing info on Project Meteor to the Eorzean Alliance years prior to when they would learn about it in 1.0

Ah, haven't done those quests yet, so didn't know that part, but I still think that someone saw too good of an opportunity to pass up, and got rid of her dad.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

One of the items in the MSQ is Warburton's Journal, and it says, "The legacy of Minfilia's father, who perished in the parade incident of 1562"...

That gives us a date for when that happened. From what I can find, The Calamity happened 10 years later, in 1572, and the current year is (and will forever be) 1577.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vitamean posted:

like there's definitely some traveling merchant out there just trying to live his live but every half decade sees some other Stupid Bullshit happen that reshapes the entire geographical or political landscape

the sky turning red for a few days is just, like, kinda weird if you weren't at the epicenter of Ultimate Despair happening at any particular time

Yeah, you meet him and his brothers when you start a character. Bremondt, Brennan, and Brendt.

Cleretic posted:

Realistically if we're just talking about Dragon Stuff, the person most likely to be present for as many of those moments as possible would be a Garlean soldier; deployed at Silvertear, then at Cartenau, then stationed at Baelsar's Wall.

To that theoretical person Eorzea must be loving terrifying.

Right? You're some lowly Private assigned to Silvertear, that happens, you get reassigned to Cartenau, and think it's gonna be fine, it was just a weird conincidence, that happens, so you request a transfer to Baelsar's Wall, knowing there's no way it could happen a 3rd time?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tengames posted:

It is baffling to me that with all the wars that happened, the garlond Ironworks is not in the market of building prosthetics. If you can build giant battle mechs, surely an arm or leg wouldnt be impossible. Heck, There's a prominent story npc who's currently missing an arm and giving him a replacement robot one could be passed off as a ff7 reference.

Coutnerpoint:
https://twitter.com/IncorrectFFQTS/status/1659571128262709248
https://twitter.com/TheJadePrince/status/1662249388851200000

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I remember that there was no option to be familiar with G'raha at the end of 5.0 if you hadn't done Crystal Tower, but that's the extent of my knowledge given I did all of the Alliance Raids in Stormblood.

That must've been so awkward. Here's a big dramatic reveal of... a character you've never met before!

I started playing in May of last year, so it was already mandatory. When I got to that point, I was pissed that I was forced to do the CT Raids, so I just slammed through all the text and skipped all the cutscenes. When the reveal happened, I was like, "Who dat? Eh. Who cares!". Looked him up later, and went, "Oh. Meh."

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nice thread tag

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

What...what are you???

I'm the godsdamned Warrior Of Light!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

the_steve posted:

I don't disagree, but drat, I can't imagine how they can top Answers for pure raw power.

Do you know La Hee?

Cleretic posted:

I keep thinking I like Answers, but then I realize I'm just thinking of Dragonsong and literally can't remember what Answers sounds like beyond a part thar goes 'ANSWERS, O ANSWERS'

I don't even remember that part. I literally have no memeory of the song.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oh. That one. I sometimes hear it when I go into my FC's house, but I don't pay it much attention.

Also, why are Ardbert and his gang fighting on the source?

Also also: I thought he said in ShB that the rest of his party died, but he wasn't allowed to, so why do we have to fight them in the Role Quests?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's the one that goes 'To all of my children, there's a sale on at Macy's" or something like that

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/DirtelfB/status/1665137862990340096

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Countblanc posted:

i didnt play that game SE! put a FFTA thing in it too!

Nah. FFTA is bad. FFT is cool and good. FFTA2 is OK.

What we REALLY need is Mystic Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FunkyFjord posted:

Absolutely.

I couldn't care less about ffta, especially in comparison to fft.

And Mystic Quest music in FFXIV would rule.

Gearhead posted:

I would unironically love to hear Ryuji Sasai team up with the Primals.

Mystic Quest makes everything better.