Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

BrianWilly posted:

Right like, if all the fans keep going "omg Kang is so great, he's the best part of the MCU" like they're doing now, what are the chances that the writers just cut out the extra stuffing of "Kang was named for Mr. Fantastic's dad thanks to timey wimey nonsense" and instead tie Reed to him directly instead of indirectly? If nothing else it would be an unexpected hook for the FF story which, at the moment, really isn't connected to anything at all in the MCU that we know of.

Though tbh I'm not sure it wouldn't end up making things more complicated than it needs to be. As if the MCU needs more daddy issues. :sweatdrop:

Honestly, they would be better off recognising how good JM is and just making Reed and Kang one and the same. Every version of Reed is evil except the MCU version and they all happen to be called Kang.

Reed's story is basically only interesting because he is evil everywhere else so cut the chaff and make him Kang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

The suits have been able to grow people that big since at least Civil War, and also in Ant-Man and the Wasp (I forget which came first)

Yeah. This doesn't bother me because it's not the suits stretching, it's the pym particles affecting the atoms or some poo poo. It's just a goofy as the suits shrinking really.

The helmets coming on and off constantly and the suits being nano-tech was boring though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

A whole bunch of agents are on the phone trying to be first in the recast audition. I wonder how quickly LaKeith Stanfield can bulk up.

Isn't he an anti-vax, Qanon believer? I remember sometime last year he did an Internet seminar for them or something?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Gavok posted:

He basically gets four moments.

- The time travel scene where his opening credits dance is repurposed to make him look like a giant doofus while he's being made fun of and punched out.

- Being part of the cool portals moment.

- Getting kicked in the balls by Gamora followed by Gamora and Nebula openly talking poo poo over him.

- The passive-aggressive Thor scene.

So yeah, while those are all fun scenes, as a whole it kind of kills his stock in the long-run. Fans consider him the biggest fuckup of Infinity War and the most he does in the follow-up is shoot a couple henchmen.

None of the Guardians get to meaningfully contribute to defeating Thanos in the final fight. Instead of giving Captain Marvel a moment fighting him they should of given that to Gamora and Nebula, and if you want to give Starlord a big hero moment you should have him crash the Guardians ship into Thanos's ship to save the day rather than Captain Marvel destroying it. Poor Drax doesn't even get to interact with him.

I'm aware this sounds like I'm just trashing Captain Marvel but honestly the Infinity Saga didn't really have much to do with her so give those moments to someone else.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Seems to be one person on Twitter and not really based on anything.

Smith would be an interesting choice, but he would also be significantly older than every other actor they were looking at for the other 3.

He's only 1 year older than Adam Driver.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I feel like the Disney + shows would of been better served actually emulating Phase One a bit more strongly and building to their own cross over event.

Have the films focus on new characters and the emerging multiverse, move Loki into the films as an end to Phase 4.

And have the shows focus on detailing life after the Blip but also on building to Secret Invasion.

Have Secret Invasion but the Avengers for the Disney + shows. Bring back Falcon for it, and US Agent. Bring back Ms Marvel and Nu-Vision. Etc.

Keep the Disney + shows as their own thing that compliments the films but builds to there own conclusion.

Also, start releasing less films, but more sequels. It's stupid that we are meant to invest anything in Shang-Chi when there's going to be close to a decade between his films, and between the first and second there would of been two Avengers films.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

This is probably #7,148 on the "weird things about The Flash" list, but do they actually kill one of the Kryptonians from Man of Steel with a small explosive?

https://twitter.com/SteelSandRun/status/1681595145190535168

It's cute that this Twitter user thinks there any chance Andy Muschietti is still going to be directing any film for DC after The Flash.

I know he was announced for the new Batman but I assume it's just a respectful amount of time before they announce he's "stepping down".

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Is he still the frontrunner for the new Bond?

Depending on how Kraven performs I imagine.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

In NMH he:

Gets put on trial as part of Stark Industries for the London stuff (which, again, presumably doesn't go away, just Spider-Man's part does so this probably looks *worse* for him because it is now just Starktech running lose and murdering a 'hero' by accident/because of Spider-Man)
Gets his apartment blown up
Gets his maybe-girlfriend killed
Gets arrested
Gets mindwiped so as far as he knows a bunch of supervillains broke into his house and murdered his girlfriend for no real reason and/or because he was helping Spider-Man.
This is in addition to his previous experiences with losing his best friend, being put into a coma and in general having life poo poo on him.

Dude's life is untold suffering.

And in NWH they made him into a joke character who was constantly being broken up with by May.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

badjohny posted:

So it look like in the most recent Marvels trailer they "Call a friend" for help the bifrost is shown transporting someone to Captain Marvels ship. Probably Valkyrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR9McdFW3Ww

It's Korg.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

Bifrost was just a sword in a machine run by anyone at one point, so bringing it back isn't really a worry.

Didn't Karl Urban run is successfully in T3?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

fwiw, the significant delay on Cap 4 (which had completed principal photography prior to the strikes, unlike Deadpool 3; Thunderbolts and Blade hadn't even started production, so those delays are less surprising) is allegedly due to poor test screenings, with major reshoots scheduled for next year

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1722785027161825691

I'm sure the presence of an IDF superhero is just coincidental.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

More detailed Pedro Pascal/Fantastic 4 casting info:

- Pascal is not confirmed to play Reed yet. He is in talks and both sides want him to, but the main issue is trying to see if he can schedule it around his prior commitments (Gladiator 2 and The Last of Us Season 2) next year.

- Prior to the SAG-AFTRA strike, they did screen tests for backup choices. The backups were Christopher Abbott and Jamie Dornan. Marvel was reportedly not super happy with either of them, so it isn't clear if they are still the planned backups for Reeds.

- Vanessa Kirby is very likely to be cast as Sue Storm.

- Joseph Quinn is likely to be cast as Johnny Storm.

- Ebon Moss-Bachrach is likely to play The Thing.

- Kevin Feige is looking to cut casting costs to prevent more $250 million movie budgets. Emma Stone and Adam Driver were top casting choices, but they wanted too much money.

- They are casting for Galactus and the top choice is currently Javier Bardem with Antonio Banderas as the backup.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/pedro-pascal-reed-richards-marvel-studios-fantastic-four-1235599560/
https://www.theinsneider.com/p/fantastic-four-cast-pedro-pascal-marvel-madness-christopher-nolan-best-director

Not directly related to FF4 casting, but the director of The Kang Dynasty (who also directed Shang-Chi and was scheduled to direct Shang-Chi 2 and Wonderman) has been removed as the director of The Kang Dynasty because Marvel wants him to "focus on his other MCU commitments." No new director has been announced.

Those backup choices are so loving boring. Good lord.

The cast they look to be settling on is pretty good. Pedro is probably worse than Driver but Kirby is better than Stone (for this role).

Starting with Galactus is stupid.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

Dr. Sleep is pretty close. Super-powered man fighting vampires.

The Dead Zone too.

Man spends years in a coma, wakes up with the ability to see the future, and uses it to fight an evil Senator due to become an evil President.

The SyFy adapation leant even more into the superhero genre too from what I remember.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah I almost said TDZ but Johnny doesn’t actually do much superheroing. He just has the one guy he wants to stop. Danny actually has multiple baddies he has to dispatch.

It’s been so long since I’ve read either. I remember I was depressed about Trump in 2016 so I threw myself into a few books to escape and picked TDZ and wouldn’t you know it that the bad guy in TDZ is Basically Trump.

I think it was the Onion, but one of the parody news sites did a great ongoing 'story' about how the ending of TDZ would play out in our modern political landscape.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes and apparently they recast Mel Gibson’s character

With noted non-problematic choice Zach Levi.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Milly Alcock, Emilia Jones, and Meg Donnelly are the three actresses auditioning for Supergirl.

Milly Alcock is from House of the Dragon and I haven't seen anything the other two have been in.

Meg Donnelly has apparently already voiced Supergirl in the animated versions of Legion of Superheroes and Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/supergirl-milly-alcock-emilia-jones-meg-donnelly-1235711427/

I thought Sasha Calle was great in the otherwise awful Flash. It's a shame they aren't keeping her despite them keeping lots of other actors from the DCU (I'll believe this when I see it. I don't actually expect that Amanda Waller show to happen.)

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I doubt it'll be actually good-good but it could be Venom-style bad-good.

Venom's defining quality is that it has an incredibly energetic lead performance by Tom Hardy, beloved actor.

I can't see Fifty Shades lady delivering that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I remember being incredibly disappointed with Scott Pilgrim after being a big fan of Shaun and Hot Fuzz. I just felt the entire thing was an exercise in style over substance. Little did I know it accurately foreshadowed the rest of Wright's output.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

side_burned posted:

That begs the question why the screen writer thought Knives and Scott where a good idea. That being said screenwriters seem to have contempt for age of consent laws.

I mean, Edgar Wright does keep accidently filling his cast with sex pest.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Is Scott meant to be charismatic and likeable? Because in the film Cera plays him like a school shooter.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The Dave posted:

I feel like this reporter thought she would make fun of her own lines with him and when she pushed back he completely cowarded from saying “well the joke is the dialog is awful”.

Yeah, he comes across really dimwitted in this. He'll be reporting on a suicide by train for The Onion soon.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Looks like the Superman: Legacy logo and suit are going to be based on Kingdom Come.

Might be a placeholder. A little odd to use that for a "Young Superman" movie, but it also doesn't really except to turbo nerds. I like the design even if it is technically not comic timeline appropriate.

https://twitter.com/screentime/status/1760515317158047776

Presumably the real reason they are using it is that it's not been used before in any of the films so they can have a fresh brand identity.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Do we know if they are going to do actual Galactus or something stupid like whatever that cloud version was in Rise of the Silver Surfer

Rumors are that he's related to the Eternals and is going to be the reckoning that was mentioned at the end of that film. So he should look suitable similar to their design + his comic book design I'd imagine.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

But like human size and not Celestial size?

No, I'd think he will be Celestial size. I'd assume Bardem is going to be doing in essence performance capture for him.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Wong is the Sorcerer Supreme, he doesn't need to be on the B team.

Yeah, what a weird choice if it's true. Unless he's the leader I guess and he puts the team together.

You'd also expect some WBN characters on the team.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

live with fruit posted:

So Jimmy's in it but not Perry White?

Perry is still Lawrence Fishburne apparently.

twistedmentat posted:

Would Milly Allcock be part of that now she's been cast as Supergirl? Also how well can Holt scream MISS TESSMACHER!!!??

Yes, she's debuting in this too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bruceski posted:

However the movie turns out I gotta say, that last shot of the trailer? I like that.

Yeah, it was really well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

site posted:

Natasha has been dead for 5 years just give us more Yelena stuff

Unless I'm missing some new information this was always announced as her working with Marvel in a creative, BTS capacity, so I don't know why people are reporting it as a Black Widow series when it's just as likely any other character with her bts.