Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Opopanax posted:

It must be weird to get cast in one of those cameo roles like Clea, Starfox, or now Hercules. Like, you're going to be in a movie that hasn't been announced yet but surely will happen, but won't be seen again for like 3 or 4 years minimum.

I'm curious how much they're doing this to gauge interest. Especially for Goldstein since he's going to have to gain a ton of weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

After thinking about it I've decided that Gorr was right and correct in what he was doing and should have just killed all the gods.

But Taweret.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I mean he was right about some gods, Like his and Zeus, but the entire point of the movie is that he's wrong that it's all of them and that he shouldn't waste his time on revenge because there is good out there. Thor's whole deal is about helping people, and there is an Asgardian afterlife.
It's a bit of a muddled message but he's not entirely correct

It's basically the same revelation as in The Batman. Except one's the hero and one's the villain.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Crowe was entertaining enough as Zeus, but good lord that was a terrible attempted Greek accent. I had to look up who the Hercules actor was because I had never heard of him before. It's a little weird that they are teasing him as a threat considering Marvel's Hercules is always a hero I think? That may be a fakeout.

Russell Crowe is right there. Just make Hercules his puppet that Thor wins over to the good side.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
As far as gags go, I'm pretty surprised that Sif's arm didn't pop up in the post-credit scene.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

also

Love needs to be in the Young Avengers

"She's off planet."

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Movies used to have longer tails where they would hang around in the box office longer but nowadays pretty much everything gets all their money in the first week.

I assume particular the MCU since spoilers are such an issue.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
This feels very similar to everyone's surprise that Cruise had his first $100M opening weekend with Maverick. It's a different time.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Thor also Robin'd Love.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Thor's a big oaf who destroyed the castle he was trying to save. Him pushing back against Axl seems honest for his character. And I'm pretty sure he calls him Axl without issue from then on.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Think Frank Gorshen and Adam West were turned away?

Okay if I see that shot of Axl's head used in some stupid "lol movie bad" post, I'm going to lose it. Its doubly lovely after all the stuff about how badly VFX artists are treated.

It's supposed to be funny, right?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Strontosaurus posted:

It's trash garbage doo doo.

One thing I did notice during Thor 4 was that they said "poo poo" at least 8 times. I know I'm just sensitive after my recent tenure teaching middle school, but that seemed a bit excessive for a movie ostensibly also for children.

Is it? Are themes of dying on your own terms really kids stuff?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Teaching kids to accept death is pretty bleak.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
We've seen three afterlifes and they mentioned in Moon Knight that there are tons. Stands to reason that everyone in the MCU universe goes to some sort of afterlife.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

In the movie they just say the transformation into Thor takes so much out of her there's no strength left to fight the cancer. Mjolnir just doesn't have the healing properties.

I guess this was a way to take the option of her just never reverting from Thor Mode off the table.

Do they? I could've sworn that Thor explains to her that Mjolnir is pushing the chemo out to protect her. But maybe I picked that up from one of the Easter Egg videos on YouTube.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I'm curious how quickly they're going to dismiss the Guardians' mission checking in about dead gods in Vol. 3.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

I mean it's still Jude Law playing one of the most inconsequential roles I've ever seen for an Actor of that pedigree

The best part is that they set up a sequel where Carol goes back and brings down the Kree and that was like 30 years ago in universe and The Marvels is set in the "present."

At least he still has Dumbledore.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

The issue isn’t giving Thor a new weapon, it’s that once he has it he’s the God of Axes and doesn’t appear capable of any of the cool stuff he did at the end of Ragnarok anymore. He doesn’t do anything without the axe.

I have assumed it’s because Asgard is destroyed shortly after, but it’s never been established.

He saves the axe without the axe.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

But, Fury was only supposed to use the beeper in a global super emergency! New York and Sokovia are just single areas and not the whole world!

I think the official explanation for New York is that the battle was over in a couple hours. For Ultron, I don't think they even bother trying to explain it. Fury was supposed to be dead at that point, so maybe he left the beeper in his locker at work at couldn't get it back until the janitor gave him his key back after Civil War?

Fury only ends up calling Carol when he himself dies. And he kind of saves the day in Ultron, so maybe the emergency was just a situation he wouldn't be around to fix.

OnimaruXLR posted:

So, the most likely place for Hercules to pop up next is probably a theoretical Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts movie, right?

Thor 5, no? They seemed to be setting up a showdown. Plus, having him show up in the Thunderbolts movie would require a lot of exposition.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
All these dead gods probably should've come up on Carol's radar.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

TwoPair posted:

I mean having half the characters that are theorized for the Thunderbolts movie are gonna require a good bit of exposition so why not one more?

There's so many villains/anti-heroes already in the wind. Walker, Yelena and Agnes are good to go and Abomination probably will be after She-Hulk and then you've got characters like Ghost and Taskmaster who can catch up quickly.

If nothing else, Goldstein's going to need time to bulk up.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Has anyone gone through and figured out how many post-credit teases have actually been paid off?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

For this Phase? The only one I can think of is the one in Black Widow leading into the Hawkeye show.

I meant in general but the end of Wandavision leads directly into MoM.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m assuming Homecoming’s won’t happen because of Sony nonsense and Strange’s won’t happen or will be super delayed just because no one cared about MCU Strange until he started showing up in other movies.

Such a waste of Michael Mando. Hopefully we can at least get an Orphan Black reunion on She-Hulk.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Bumping Fantastic 4 from phase 4 to phase 6 seems promising? In the sense that they're gonna take their time with it.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The idea of phases seems much more vague without an Avengers movie or an Avengers-level movie at the end of it. I haven't read the spoilers for Wakanda Forever though so I could be missing something.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

AngryBooch posted:

I think they arbitrarily are just ending Phase 4 and Thunderbolts will be the Avengers equivalent movie for Phase 5, that's my hope.

It's interesting that Thunderbolts comes right after Captain America 4. I wonder if they're going to have to go save Sam.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

But most importantly, Cosmo!

Voiced and mo-capped by Maria Bakalova. I look forward to the behind the scenes footage of that.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I'm curious who they'll get to do Avengers 5 and 6. The Russos got a long audition for Infinity War and Endgame. Kind of seemed like they were setting Watts up before he bailed. I guess Gunn would be the guy if they followed the pattern.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Arist posted:

Gunn seems done, I doubt it'd be him.

That's what dump trucks full of money are for.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Jamesman posted:

So for Thunderbolts, who are our potential cast?

We got Abomination, Zemo, Ghost, US Agent, Taskmaster, and then maybe Yelena, Agatha and/or Kamran?

House of Harkness coming out a couple months before Thunderbolts seems good for Agatha's chances.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Don't Feige and co. write what is essentially the first draft?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
There are eight empty spaces in phase 6. Moon Knight S2 or Midnight Sons could go in one.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

ashpanash posted:

Well, at least one of them is Deadpool and at least one of them is some Xmen/mutant thing

A Shang-Chi thing, either the sequel or the spinoff show.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Wiki has eight projects listed with writers but no release date: Deadpool, Shang-Chi 2, Marvel Zombies, Spider-Man: Freshman and Sophomore Year, Armor Wars, Nova and Wonder Man.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The official synopsis mentions "intervening world powers."

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
There's cam versions of the Quantumania trailer on YouTube. You can't really see or hear much, especially over all the cheering, but it's looking pretty serious. No Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

“the Rock should play Namor” feels like some kind of artifact from that time period when every fan casting of a super hero was some wrestler or actor who just looked like the comic character. I get it but I’m glad we’re pretty much beyond that and to the “a good actor should play X with even if they don’t look exactly like a 50 year old drawing” stage.

Of course that’s when the Rock was cast as Black Adam so it gets grandfathered in.

Plenty of people hated or still hate Pattinson as Batman because he's not some giant.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Shang-Chi 2, Wonder Man, and now this. Feige must have really liked working with Cretton.

Shang-Chi is probably the best thing from phase 4 so it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

X-O posted:

It's the best movie for sure. I think I'd give Loki and Ms Marvel the nudge when including TV shows though.

Avengers: Kang Dynasty, directed by Cretton and written by Bisha K. Ali.