Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's... been a year, huh?

Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you read this OP... it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited. I hope we get it back, in somewhat like a normal version of the planet has been restored, if there ever was such a thing.

God, what a world. Cinematic universe now. If you told me 10 years ago that they were going to make TWO Ant-Man movies... I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know. That epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or worse, that's the reality New Mutants is going to find a way to release in. So I found a private area to record a little greeting in case of an untimely death on my part. Not that death at any time is ever timely.

This movie thread thing that I'm going to post tomorrow... it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of all this. But then again that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end. What am I tripping for? Everything is going to work out exactly the way it's supposed to.

I love you 3000.

Wait, they're opening theaters? For New loving Mutants?! Oh God, we're all gonna die.

---

There are still movies coming out, supposedly. A lot of them and they've been in the works for quite awhile. No, not the long-awaited solo film starring Razorback and his ELECTRIFIED MANE, but probably some others! Maybe!

Let’s talk about comic book movies, friends! But don't go to theaters right now.

Upcoming Movies
The following films have announced release dates, general information, and are listed through the end of 2021. If a movie has been announced but has no set release or is after December 31st, 2021 it will be listed further below.

Marvel

The New Mutants
Who Is Driving? Oh My God, Demon Bear Is Driving, How Can That Be?!

Release Date: August, 28th, 2020
Cast:
Anya Taylor-Joy as Illyana Rasputin / Magik
Maisie Williams as Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane
Charlie Heaton as Sam Guthrie / Cannonball
Henry Zaga as Roberto da Costa / Sunspot
Blu Hunt as Danielle Moonstar / Mirage
Alice Braga as Cecilia Reyes (?!?)
Directed By: Josh "Probably Just Kinda Over Waiting On This One" Boone
Plot: Remember mutants? Well, these are the NEW ones! And they're in a MENTAL ASYLUM. wait, what
Pandemic Challenges In Filming: Charlie Heaton kept Covid-Free because he's nigh-invulnerable when he's blastin'.
Real Trailer
Fake Trailer

Black Widow
No Russian

Release Date: November 6, 2020
Cast:
Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova / Black Widow
David Harbour as Alexei Shostakov / Red Guardian
O-T Fagbenle as Rick Mason
William Hurt as Thaddeus Ross
Ray Winstone as Dreykov
Rachel Weisz as Melina Vostokoff / Black Widow
??? as Taskmaster
Directed By: Cate "I Have No Idea Who This Is" Shortland
Plot: Remember when Black Widow died? WELP.
Pandemic Challenges In Filming: Impossible to do cool luchador flips because of social distancing. Very easy to shoot a gun, though.
Real Trailer
Fake Trailer

The Eternals
Remember Inhumans? No? Okay.

Release Date: February 12, 2021
Cast:
Richard Madden as Ikaris
Gemma Chan as Sersi
Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo
Lauren Ridloff as Makkari
Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos
Salma Hayek as Ajak
Lia McHugh as Sprite
Don Lee as Gilgamesh
Barry Keoghan as Druig
Angelina Jolie as Thena
Kit Harington as Dane Whitman
Directed By: Chloé "Directed The Rider, but not Ghost Rider? Pfft" Zhao
Plot: A group of Jack Kirby characters get to be weird on camera.
Pandemic Challenges In Filming: Kumail Nanjiani's abs had to wear a mask.
Real Trailer (They Actually Haven't Released One, But Here's A Trailer For The Comic
Fake Trailer

Morbius
Finally, The Blade Alternate Ending Gets Followed Up On

Release Date: March 19, 2021
Cast:
Jared Leto as Michael Morbius:
Matt Smith as Loxias Crown
Adria Arjona as Martine Bancroft
Jared Harris as Morbius' mentor
Al Madrigal as Alberto Rodriguez
Tyrese Gibson as Simon Stroud
Michael Keaton as Maybe The Vulture?
Directed By: Daniel "Needs More Plasma" Espinosa
Plot: Michael Morbius is a doctor who hates his own blood! Luckily he loves everyone else's...
Pandemic Challenges In Filming: The problem was less the pandemic and more just Jared Leto...
Real Trailer
Fake Trailer

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
We're Just... Not Gonna Talk About Fu-Manchu, Okay?

Release Date: May 7, 2021
Cast:
Simu Liu as Shang-Chi
Tony Leung as the Mandarin
Awkwafina, Ronny Chieng, and Michelle Yeoh in undisclosed roles.
Directed By: Destin "Hard to do middle name" Daniel "jokes when you have three names" Cretton
Plot: Shang-Chi is a martial artist. His dad is a terrorist. Hijinks ensue.
Pandemic Challenges In Filming: Hand sanitizer actually made the Mandarin's rings very hard to wear.
Real Trailer (Ish)
Fake Trailer

Venom: Let There Be Carnage
Demogoblin Fans Still Sittin', Waitin'

Release Date: June 25, 2021
Cast:
Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock / Venom
Woody Harrelson as Cletus Kasady / Carnage
Michelle Williams as Anne Weying
Reid Scott as Dan Lewis
Naomie Harris as Shriek
Directed By: Andy "Wait, He Directs?!" Serkis
Plot: Cletus Kasady is a serial killer with a bad wig. Venom EATS WIGS.
Pandemic Challenges In Filming: None. It's easy to stay safe when your mask is a living symbiote covering your entire body.
Venom End Credits Scene
Carnage Rules by Green Jelly

DC

Wonder Woman 1984
Stopped A War With Love, Time To Make a Liar Tell The Truth

Release Date: October 2, 2020
Cast:
Gal Gadot as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
Chris Pine as Steve Trevor
Kristen Wiig as Barbara Ann Minerva / Cheetah
Pedro Pascal as Maxwell Lord
Robin Wright as Antiope
Connie Nielsen as Hippolyta
Directed By: Patty "Hope She Learned How To Do A Third Act" Jenkins
Plot: Wonder Woman is in the 80s and so is... Steve Trevor somehow?! Zuh-whaaaa???
Pandemic Challenges In Filming: Invisible Jet provides social distancing but still proves uneasy.
Real Trailer
Fake Trailer

The Suicide Squad
Oh God They're Gonna Trick Me Into Seeing Another Suicide Squad Movie...

Release Date: August 8, 2021
Cast:
Margot Robbie as Dr. Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
Idris Elba as Robert DuBois / Bloodsport
John Cena as Christopher Smith / Peacemaker
Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag
Peter Capaldi as Clifford DeVoe / The Thinker
Viola Davis as Amanda Waller
Jai Courtney as George "Digger" Harkness / Captain Boomerang
Alice Braga as Sol Soria
Pete Davidson as Richard Hertz / Blackguard
David Dastmalchian as Abner Krill / Polka-Dot Man
Michael Rooker as Brian Durlin / Savant
Nathan Fillion as Floyd "TDK" Belkin
Storm Reid as Tyla
Daniela Melchior as Ratcatcher 2
Steve Agee as John Economos and Nanaue / King Shark
Sean Gunn as John Monroe / Weasel
Joaquín Cosío as Mateo Suárez
Juan Diego Botto as Silvio Luna
Flula Borg as Javelin
Tinashe Kajese as Flo Crawley
Mayling Ng as Mongal
Directed By: James "Don't Worry, Still Doin' Guardians 3" Gunn
Plot: The Suicide Squad saves a South American country. So, like, the CIA...
b]Pandemic Challenges In Filming:[/b] Hard to social distance with 900 cast members.
Cast Reveal Trailer
Here's The Video Game, Too

The Batman
Oh Wait, We're Just... Adding "The" Now, Huh?

Release Date: October 1, 2021
Cast:
Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne / Batman
Zoë Kravitz as Selina Kyle / Catwoman
Paul Dano as Edward Nashton / Riddler
Jeffrey Wright as James Gordon
John Turturro as Carmine Falcone
Peter Sarsgaard as Gil Colson
Barry Keoghan as Stanley Merkel
Jayme Lawson as Bella Reál
Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth
Colin Farrell as Oswald "Oz" Cobblepot / Penguin
Directed By: Matt "Finally, A Batman Found Footage Film" Reeves
Plot: Batman must hunt down a villain who leaves clues and puzzles at his crime scenes. Call him: The Cluemaster!!!
Pandemic Challenges In Filming: https://twitter.com/TanookiKuribo/status/1297302288948748288
Real Trailer
Fake Trailer

Through 2023
Spider-Man 3 – December 17, 2021
Black Adam – December 22, 2021
Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins – TBA 2021
Justice League Snyder Cut – TBA 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder – February 11, 2022
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – March 25, 2022
Black Panther 2 – May 6, 2022
The Flash – June 3, 2022
Captain Marvel 2 – July 8, 2022
Spider-Verse 2 – October 7, 2022
Untitled Marvel movie – October 7, 2022
Shazam 2 – November 4, 2022
Aquaman 2 – December 16, 2022
Untitled Marvel movie – February 17, 2023
Untitled Marvel movie – May 5, 2023
Untitled Marvel movie – July 28, 2023
Untitled Marvel movie – November 3, 2023

And Beyond...?
Amazons (Wonder Woman spin-off)
Ant-Man 3
Blade
Deadpool 3
Fantastic Four reboot
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Gotham City Sirens
Green Lantern Corps
Jackpot
Kraven the Hunter
Madame Web
Silk
Spider-Woman
The New Gods
The Trench (Aquaman spin-off)
Untitled Sony/Marvel movie
Untitled Mutants movie

Previous Threads:
2019: Methodical. Layered. Complex, Beautiful and Sad
2016: BSS Movie Thread (And The Stupenderful Articulation Of Substandard Speculation)
2013: America Isn't Ready For A Black Ant-Man
2012: Iron and Steel, Uru and Adamantium
2011: Bats, Spiders, Avengers, and Riders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I feel like Howard was as bad as most capitalist industrialists. Which is to say, he probably never had anyone directly murdered but like, he's a little responsible. Howard Stark would get the guillotine is what I'm saying.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

How Wonderful! posted:

Hey, welcome aboard Cartridgeblowers as the new thread IK!

Thank you! I hope to be able to keep us talking about movies here in the brave new world that is one where people have seen New Mutants.

Thread IK
Cartridgeblowers
wait why is his name plural?

Release Date: August 31st, 2020
Cast:
The Poster FKA Little Mac as Cartridgeblowers
Brie Larsen as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
Stan Lee as Himself
Directed By: Carty "it's the name of my twitch channel, jeez" B
Plot: The Snyder Cut is coming. People have LIVES. So just, like, be chill.
Pandemic Challenges In Filming: Listen, I don't want to talk about MY pandemic experience. I teach from home. It's actually awesome.
Real Trailer
Fake Trailers

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Dan Didio posted:

Carty B is a really good pun.

Someone in my chat said it and I loved it. It's very silly and good.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

TwoPair posted:

I can buy that for most movies but I can't believe a role like a superhero that probably requires a whole bunch of physical training wouldn't require an exam. Wild.

It's wild that he was when able to do all this while he was sick. I mean, who would have even thought to give him a cancer screening?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

site posted:

Catridgeblowers are you the same person who did hosting on sgdq a few weeks ago

Yes that guy was me
I read donations out loud
And lots of haiku

Hi thread! Let's not talk about weird celebrity nudes anymore. Instead, on the talk of Cyborg in the JL film, I'm not sure anyone really knows what to do with him. I think he's got a lot of potential but like, no one really delves into what makes him different from the others. He's a Marvel character in a DC world.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

McCloud posted:

Well for starters, he's a black athlete that becomes disabled, and considering a large portion of his self esteem and the esteem and value of others is tied into his athletic prowess and how he now has to adjust having lost that and how to come to terms with being differentially abled and that his value is not tied to how much many touch downs he can score, I'd say there's lots of fertile ground to explore. Ray has talked about how important it was for him to not have his character just be an empty catchphrase, and he said he felt he had a lot of agency in how to develop the character, so I'm pretty excited for that

Oh no, I agree with you! I think Cyborg can be a great character. But no one has ever really given him that push. When I said he's a Marvel chracter in a DC world, I feel like he's a character who has to deal with real personal issues of belonging, self-worth, etc. But that's never the angle other media takes with him. I dunno.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

How Wonderful! posted:

I love Kang and I think Majors is a spectacular choice. Oh man, I'm so stoked now.

Same.

Twitter is blowing up about Kang being Reed Richards's father and thus inferring that MCU Reed Richards might be a POC. Obviously we dumbass nerds know Kang is not Reed's real dad but a descendant. That said, can I just fancast William Jackson Harper as Reed Richards please?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I honestly have a sneaking suspicion we're going to need to take talk of Johns to the Industry Terribleness Thread soon. Not now, of course, but that makes me think something's about to blow.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Well no, like I said. Not yet. I just feel like the other shoe might drop on him soon. We'll see!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rhyno, you're being obtuse, dude. Come on.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I, for one, welcome our three beautiful Spider-Men. Get me MORE pictures of MORE Spider-Men!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I can't believe Owen Wilson is playing Mark Gruenwald.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I... actually do kinda love Cena as the Thing, though.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BrianWilly posted:

The fact that they did this in the Vietnam War and then again with the Iraq War is testament to just how little we've come in thirty years, and nothing will ever change if we don't acknowledge these things when they happen

I agree with this. But it's 2020. This would be like arguing about Apocalypse Now in 1991. Right now we in this thread are not acknowledging these things when they're happening, we're just kinda arguing in circles about a past event.

I don't think your take is wrong, but it's also not the only take. When you're arguing with an entire thread, I dunno, maybe take a second and think about if you're actually going to convince anyone? It comes across not as good faith discussion. Maybe take a bit and think on it?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Drakyn posted:

If there needs to be more than one person onside with an argument for it to be acceptable, I absolutely agree with BrianWilly in this case, especially with the bit where they're sort of incredulous at the amount of words they're having to output to get a very, very mild take accepted even peripherally by anyone in the thread. And even then some of the agreement seems to come weighted with a certain amount of 'well, that's AN opinion, sure...' and such.
So, just to be thorough: I don't think that it's crazy or dumb or trolling to assert that Iron Man, 2008, a film by Americans, was screwed up in its depictions of the middle east, fighting in the middle east, and people living in the middle east, especially in it recreating more or less directly an origin story for a superhero who started out in the comics heroically shooting evil Vietnamese commies. If the movie's twelve years old surely people should be more ready to accept criticism of it, not less.
Similarly, I don't think that it's crazy or dumb or trolling to argue that art communicates a lot about the beliefs and values of the cultures and peoples that create it. Or that those beliefs and values are created, defined, and shaped by political processes. Or that many people have a narrow view of what politics is and can get very very vexed if you imply it can exist in something even if it wasn't 'intentional.'

I agree with all of this. I misused the term "good faith" there and I apologize. I don't think Brian's criticism is wrong. It's moreso that I think he's just arguing against a brick wall here with a lot of folks and I don't think there is an end point where he convinces the thread to take a deep look at the sociopolitical implications of a Bush-era film.

Again, that's not to say he's wrong or that we shouldn't do just that. I just don't want posts to turn personal.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The stuff about the devil being everywhere, the cult chanting "For the children," the horrible monster covered in bees - I feel like Wanda made a deal with Mephisto to have a happy ending. I would bet we're seeing Quicksilver before this is all over.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

twistedmentat posted:

I think the scene in Spidmi

What?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lt. Danger posted:

this probation was some weak poo poo and this thread is really toxic

The only thing in this thread that ever gets toxic IS Snyder-talk. McCloud came in, during a rather benign chat about movie food boxes, and decided to post a bullshit aggressive meme when he's been probated in the BSS Movie Thread multiple times for causing the same type of derails. Whether you think the movie's a dumb idea or not, there's literally no need to come in and troll folks. That's not out yet. There's nothing concrete to discuss so the majority of you are arguing about nothing.

To echo How Wonderful when the previous thread was closed:

How Wonderful posted:

It's a bunch of people saying cruel poo poo about a movie that isn't out yet, a movie that's a revision of a movie that people were cruel to each other about the first time around.

So let's take away the ability to be cruel for a bit. How about take the weekend off, thread. Watch Wandavision or something. Hug your cat. See you on Monday.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This vest is the future of superhero movies.

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1356229596891537413

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Like, do I have to time out this thread every single week?

Stop posting about other posters. If someone is bothering you, report them. I don't give a poo poo about what you think about this thread or people in it or people in a Snyder-cult or people who think he sucks poo poo. Like, there's nothing inherently wrong with some of the conversation of is there room for a rated R Batman movie? But like, empty quoting just to "own" somebody or mocking or coming from another forum just to do one of those two things in completely bad faith is a waste of everyone's time.

That's your warning. You can discuss Snyder without being assholes. Stop posting about posters. If you can't, don't discuss anything at all here!

Now, again, comic book movies, and speaking of Snyder:

How is the general guy from MoS supposed to be Martian Manhunter? I feel like there's nothing there. But apparently that was the plan? Did I miss some foreshadowing?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So Wandavision direct talk - like endless spoiler boxes and direct recaps/reactions of the current episode - probably need to go in the TV thread. That said, I think discussion of how Wandavision might connect to/influence the wider MCU can belong here. MCU TV is in a weird spot in that it both does and doesn't belong here. So yeah, TVIV-like reactions should go in the TV thread but wider MCU posting - including Wandavision - can go here, imo.

As for Snydertalk, let's just put a moratorium on Snydertalk until there is any new news. There is bad faith posting all over and it's just become really annoying.

As for Blade, I would like to restate my support for the stunt-casting of Keanu Reeves as Dracula.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

gently caress Joss Whedon. He's a piece of poo poo. I hope he never works again.

Ugh. I've been reckoning with how much of his work I've consumed and supported while he was being an abusive prick since Fisher first spoke out. Is this how fans of Woody Allen or JK Rowling feel? I guess it's like, being able to separate the art from the artist, right? And there were a lot of voices that went into Buffy, Angel, and Firefly, three franchises I really loved. But in a lot of ways it's just tainted for me now. Bleh.

Why can't people just not be lovely?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lager posted:

Briscoe County, Jr was the scifi western we truly needed.

I liked Firefly but this is the correct answer.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Someone mentioned William Jackson Harper for Reed a while back and he’s still the frontrunner for me until proven otherwise.

This was me and yes, he is my forever Reed.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

FilthyImp posted:

Hey dude is this criticism something you want to aim towards Charisma Carpenter and Michelle Trachtenberg, too?

Or, you know, just at the black man that was trying to hold his boss accountable??

You're quoting someone from four pages and four days ago and you have posted in this thread since then. Stop trying to stir poo poo.

You're right, obviously. But stop trying to stir poo poo.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am an eternal optimist and I hope the Snyder Cut is enjoyable. I'm going to give it a shot.

That trailer is awful, though.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

FilthyImp posted:

"You know they say all films are created equal, but you look at me and you look at The MCU and you can see that statement is NOT TRUE! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another franchise, you got a fifty/fifty chance of winning. But I'm a cinematic freak, and I'm not normal! So you got a 25 percent at best at beat my films! And then you add Batman to the mix? You-the chances of winning drastically go down. See, you got a 33 and a third chance of winning. But I! I got a 66 and two thirds chance of winning, cuz Disney KNOOOWS they can't beat me, and they's not even gonna try. So, MCU, you take your thirty three and a third chance minus my twenty five percent chance (if we was to go one on one) and you got an eight and a third chance of winning. But then you take my 75 perchance-chance of winnin' (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 and two thirds…percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning the Box Office! The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you!"

I streamed on Twitch for like three hours and came back to 150 posts and this is the ONLY good one.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

McCloud posted:

I think it speaks volumes about the comic book fans that all it took for them to like Superman was empty fanservice of him smiling and making dumb and corny statements about hope and car keys

Don't do this.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So I'll echo what a lot of folks are saying, it's definitely better than the theatrical cut, but ZSJL is a fine - but not necessarily good - movie.

The characters get a lot more room to breathe in this version, but for those who do get more fleshed-out (Cyborg specifically) it shows just how much the others get the short shrift. Wonder Woman is great but basically disappears halfway through the movie after failing to recruit Cyborg. Aquaman has so little to do, even though he's still fun. Superman is barely in the movie though his scenes were just as triumphant as the first time around - I actually miss the cold open with the infamous mustache editing with the kids relating to Superman. Flash was wonderful. Batman was intolerable. Steppenwolf had some great facial animations but I never really got him. He was only slightly more than the generic badguy he was in the theatrical cut.

A lot of the scenes added nothing or actively detracted. The Martian Manhunter stuff took me so far out I had to stop watching. It sucked so bad. Basically everything in the Epilogue - mainly the second two epilogues - were some of the worst poo poo I've seen put on film. It was fanfilm quality. The music was distracting. The only musical cues I liked already existed - anything to do with Wonder Woman or Superman's themes.

I had fun watching it and I think it's worth a watch for just about anyone interested in the characters. I don't think this is high art or anything - it's just as much a popcorn flick as any Marvel movie. If I had to rate it in relation to other DC movies, MoS, Wonder Woman, and Shazam still rank higher for me. Vs. Marvel movies, it's on the same level as say the first Avengers. Maybe more Age of Ultron (but I am an AoU apologist, so keep that in mind).

It's fine. It won't make any waves. Maybe Snyder will get to make JL2, but I doubt it.

Roth posted:

Disagreeing about comic book movie villains isn't a gimmick OP

Come on, dude.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Roth posted:

I am not a dude.

Apologies. The "come on" still stands.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Zzulu posted:

I mean, everyone sucked in the joker scene. Batmans dialogue was a joke as well. That whole thing was baffling

It was literally at the level of the cringiest of fanfilms. Like a Bat in the Sun joint with worse costumes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Roth posted:

It sucks poo poo, just as it sucks poo poo that Thanos is an abusive dad that we're supposed to go "Oh he really did love Gamora" when he murders her.

I really don't agree with this read. He never loved Gamora.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Please don't engage with McCloud. They are the least good faith poster in this thread.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Y'all are so self-hating. This poo poo sounds wild and awesome.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SMG: Stop posting.

Everyone else: Stop posting about posters.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

E:

Do you mean to stop writing positively about the Marvel Studios films, or to just stick to writing about other brands?

You're here to troll. Take it elsewhere. Thank you.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lobok posted:

Ugh, the MCU caving to the SJWs again with more Wolk casting!

Lobok I have been posting on the same forums as you for decades and you're STILL making posts like this.

Please never change.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Aphrodite posted:

Films? Being worse than Guardians 2 is pretty drat bad.

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Thinking it over, and maybe it's the afterglow, but I think this is the best DCEU movie. And maybe that's a low bar but it's the only one I can recall without some major part that I don't kinda like. I still haven't seen Aquaman I guess...

So ranking:

1. The Suicide Squad (fun movie, not great but never lost my attention)
2. Shazam (falls apart barely in act 3, but even then it's still enjoyable)
3. Wonder Woman (terrible act 3)
4. Justice League Snyder Cut (still a significantly better movie than the original, but also kinda boring and superfluous)
5. Harley Quinn and BOP (wish there was more of the BOP. I watched this after TSS and don't remember much of it)
6. Man of Steel (bad third act, Cavill isn't Superman enough yet, the tornado)
7. BvS (I actually like Batfleck and Eisenburg as Luthor well enough, but it's kinda all nonsensical)
8. Justice League Whedon Cut (what if Snyder cut but MORE boring)
9. Suicide Squad (Harley, Boomer, and Flagg are cool, super dogshit plot)

Am I missing any?