Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The crimes of Sweden against pizza will never be forgiven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's a bag of frozen veggies right from the grocery store.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

By popular demand posted:

I gotta try making a cornbread pizza which I suspect may well be the only good way to incorporate corn into pizza.

I'd eat a cornbread pizza with gravy as the sauce topped with mashed potatoes and turkey.

brb, patenting this as the Thanksgiving pizza

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:chloe:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love canned tuna. In water. Standard skipjack is the best and more sustainable and since it's smaller is lower on the food chain therefore less mercury. I use the ones in the pouches on top of salads and used the canned ones in things like Tuna Helper (gently caress you derpies). I used to make a box of store brand mac and cheese and add a can of tuna for protein. That's like $1.50 for really big, even 2 meals.

To me it's basically +1 protein. To make something that's empty a little healthier.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I wouldn't do it on pizza. I can't say I've ever had "cooked" canned tuna.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

its all nice on rice posted:

Never had a tuna casserole? It's a pretty standard hotdish.

Hmm, that's very true. And I love tuna casserole. I haven't had it in forever though. My mom used to make a really good one. She's not good at cooking but I love that and her lasagna.

Usually canned tuna is something I throw on the end of something to up the protein. I'm a sucker for tuna casserole though.

quick edit:

I made these once before. Alton Brown's recipe. My roommate loved it and asked me to make it again. I never did, but I appreciated the praise.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The sauerkraut made me think of a reuben pizza and now I want one.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TheAardvark posted:

beef I challenge u to find me one truly terrible pizza this thread can agree is bad

or else :twisted:

Hey I got a good one.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Son of Rodney posted:

Sauerkraut doesn't belong in a pizza Sauerkraut belongs into the deepest trench of the ocean.

Y'all have whack opinions about pizza.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AHH F/UGH posted:

Corn on pizza is a bigger crime than bananas+peanuts

In the last thread "loose corn" was a big indicator of weird pizza.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

shadow puppet of a posted:

Brazil's Pizza Tutti-Frutti is like a megaman boss but you don't realize that until you've already transited into the pre-boss ante chamber and can't turn back. You are getting some serious loving fruit pizza and there is nothing you can do about it.

On the plus side if you can finish it all in one sitting you are going to have that Prune-Fig-Cherry-Peach fruitbuster power for yourself. So dig in.

The two pieces of tomato pesto or whatever are the most normal looking thing considered pizza I've seen from Brazil. Although it's of course attached to a crazy pizza. Couldn't have just made one normal one.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ugly In The Morning posted:

First up will be Regal Pizza in Mattapan, which has a 1.8 star rating on google and pictures that will haunt my nightmares. I’m aiming to go Saturday depending on how the first week at my new job goes. Any Boston goons are welcome to join.

Omg check out Regal Pizza Google Review Pictures.

I'd post them but google reviews doesn't allow you to right click on any picture so :shrug:

edit: hahahahaha some of these have to be fake. One has a pile of iceberg lettuce with two kraft singles on it
edit 2: yeah, one has a bulldozer pushing a bunch of garbage at a dump. But you can totally tell which pizzas are real

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 10, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol so its the last day of the quarter and I was doing a fun online quiz thing with the students about food. There was a question about the most popular pizza topping in Brazil being peas. A student was like Brazilian pizza seems bad. So of course I pulled up the mastre da pizza youtube video. The kids were making fun of it so hard I think the whole class lost it laughing when he starts shoving trash into the fire.

You're a good teacher.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

His Divine Shadow posted:

I've noticed this as well, pizzas here range from 6-9 euros (more for speciality pizzas), 10 euros or more at the lovely chain places which we never goto. Worse food, higher prices, yes please?

Weird. Around here local places are about twice the price of chains like Dominos.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ziv Zulander posted:

Let’s get this out on a tray

Nice! mmmkay...

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lincoln posted:

Thought I'd take a sec to set a baseline standard for American pizza ITT. Here's one of the least-expensive national pizza chain options, a Little Caesar's double-pepperoni:

It's $6.50 after tax. The basic version with way less pepperoni is $1 less. The pizza is 14 inches wide, which is standard for a “large” pizza. Cheese is clearly the limiting expense; that’s to be expected on a budget pizza, as it’s the most expensive ingredient. Unless you're trying hard to find a poo poo pizza, this is about as bad as it gets, and I wouldn't rate it any lower than "edible."

I have a pair of go-to pizza joints in my hometown, one of which runs about $12-$14 for a multi-topping large, and another which is about $22; the latter is an extremely high-quality thin-crust pie. I could have ordered one of those this week, but I took one for the team and ate a Little Caesar's kiddie-pizza. For you.

For $6.50 I'd eat that easily. If I get delivery from a local place it'll be about $25+. Better pizza of course but sometimes I just want garbage.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

I loving hate Scott Walker with a passion. This is hilarious.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

€7.50 pepperoni pizza from my local place. It's fine... but why put the cheese over the pepperonis?

A lot of places do that. Especially if they layer pepperoni and cheese. :getin:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hedenius posted:

Not a thing in most (?) parts of Europe.

That's weird.

I pay those assholes to do that for me. :colbert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't care if my pepperoni is crispy or not. I'd prefer it not to be because by that time it's usually dried out.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's probably because it's filled with fat. Most fatty meats tend to shrink and curl up a ton when they cook. So that pepperoni is a far lower quality.

I hate those puck bowls filled with grease. So disgusting. That's what you find in those super cheap pizzas at the grocery store. If a pizza is too greasy I'll pat it with a paper towel but with a pizza that has those shrunken pepperoni bowls you could probably just dump it out.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I find it hard to believe that the stuff I got at lunch in elementary school had a high quality casing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TheAardvark posted:

i'd like to see a picture of your elementary school lunch pizza with grease cups. it's hard to diagnose pizza problems via text.

First GIS result for "school pizza."

I can't believe they served us this almost daily in high school. Schools need more funding. jesus gently caress

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Slim Jims are made in Italian delis and hung up at the front of the store for months to age. :colbert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Are you me? did I post this?

You're a far angrier version of me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't taste any vomit flavor from Hersey's. If anything it tastes incredibly neutral and not much flavor. I never understood how people can taste that.

I'm not a fan of cilantro though. I'll eat it because I'm not picky with my food, but I won't ask for it or anything.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ninjoatse.cx posted:

There is no higher authority than Americans on Pizza. None. Nada. Zip.

100%

Italian pizza, and most other of their stuff, is not the same Italian you get, or at least used to get, in the US. Our stuff originated from immigrants who didn't have the old world stuff to work with so they made due with what they had. That's how you got a lot of Americanized foreign food.

Sometimes it's better.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 5, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Big Fiber at it again! :argh:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

lilbeefer posted:

haha drat ive been got!

lol, that's a pretty good AV

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
What if you're not eating the pizza at home? What if you order it in the restaurant? Would they cut it for you then or do they throw a plastic knife in the box and let you go to town for 5 minutes?

This just boggles my mind.

And "well you can make the slices your own size" is stupid. You cut them all equally so it doesn't look like a picasso when you're done with it.

It takes 5 seconds.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 12, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Most people eat pizza with a knife and fork here when in a restaurant and probably wouldn't appreciate receiving a pre-sliced pizza. There was a restaurant that used to do that here in the 90s, a chain restaurant, but they rather quickly stopped doing that. People didn't want their pizzas pre-cut, otherwise they'd have kept on doing it.

But how would you get the piece of pizza to your plate so you can use a knife and fork on it? I mean the standard pizza here is maybe 10-14 inches. Way too big for a plate.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

steinrokkan posted:

The vicious American pizza loving clique has finally overstepped its boundaries and let their true colors show. I'm reviewing my options in light of this barbarism.

:patriot:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

PokeJoe posted:

i caught my girlfriend eating a piece of pizza crust first yesterday and she looked so ashamed when i asked what she was doing

:sever:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I hate when I cut a tomato and all of the oil comes out on the counter.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:chloe:

Possibly the worst one I've seen so far. I mean, besides what it looks like, wtf is that? Thinned out mayo? Gooey frosting?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was talking to a goon about making pickles and I found some tiny cucumbers, I forgot what they were called, for like $2.49 for 3 of them. Ridiculous. 3 large pickles. A huge regular one is like $0.69. She said that English seedless can be used, the type that they wrap up in plastic, just as well. They have less seeds, of course, and have the thinner skin which helps with pickling. When I get not-so-lazy I'll check them out in the store again and make some pickles.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

No. I can't remember the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That looks good to me. And they have the old doll house plastic tables.