Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

eke out posted:

trying to remember which candidate tonight condemned white supremacy and which one told the nazis to stand by for orders -- can anyone help me out?

Neither said they would defund the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Rockit posted:

You can ask the same of every poster in this thread mate.

Your vote or even all SA's votes aren't going be the key one that swings the EC. That's catastrophizing.
The party will just ignore them like the rest of the third party candidates.

One of the major political strategies this time around is interesting. Everybody is 100% decided. Politicians know this.

There is no profit in swaying opinion, only discouraging your opponent's voters from voting.

Please vote. It's not hopeless. Republicans simply want you to think it is so you won't.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

I didn't realize that "Nazis are bad" is both a honeypot and a controversial opinion. Delusional thinking.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

Biden said that systemic racism exists.

His utopian description of the "integrated suburbs" was wildly disconnected from reality and frankly incredibly insulting. If Trump hadn't been shouting unhinged lies constantly Biden's own bizarre statements might have gotten more scrutiny. Luckily for Biden, almost no one remembers a single word he said after that entire debacle.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

Obama and Clinton were term limited. They were both wildly popular and would have been elected for third terms given the chance. There's no such thing as "ineffectual centrism." Centrism wins 2nd terms.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Are we going to vote for the guy who helped push through the votes needed to start the Iraq war, voted for the 94 crime bill, has repeatedly tried to cut social welfare programs, and actively supported segregation until the late 70’s, or Trump?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Obama and Clinton were term limited. They were both wildly popular and would have been elected for third terms given the chance. There's no such thing as "ineffectual centrism." Centrism wins 2nd terms.

i wish the democrat party could just do a monarchy already so i could stop thinking about politics and toil happily in my factories for them

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

TyrantWD posted:

Less is better than more, but hey, if you want to be an accelerationist, have at it.

"i will ensure the destruction & murder of your children for profit, but less" isn't the winning message you seem to think it is

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I can %100 agree with people saying Joe Biden sucks and will not actually bring about any real reform or change in a 4 year term. Where you're losing me is how handing Trump the reigns for another 4 years makes things better. Is this what 4D chess is???

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vox Nihili posted:

His utopian description of the "integrated suburbs" was wildly disconnected from reality and frankly incredibly insulting. If Trump hadn't been shouting unhinged lies constantly Biden's own bizarre statements might have gotten more scrutiny. Luckily for Biden, almost no one remembers a single word he said after that entire debacle.

lol you're right, i completely forgot about the fantasy suburbs he made up

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

eke out posted:

trying to remember which candidate tonight condemned white supremacy and which one told the nazis to stand by for orders -- can anyone help me out?

Both are for giving the police more money? :confused:

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Shammypants posted:

So we're going to wake up to every poll saying Biden won and a bunch of people who spent the night saying Biden got trounced just disappear into the aether again? Is that about right?

Correct

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

A clerical issue resulting from having multiple conflicting addresses listed on ballots by the campaign isn’t terribly complicated and should have been cleared with evidence to address the discrepancy, not unlike updating an address with the DMV. Apparently there was a delay in appealing the issue, which should obviously have been appealed immediately and ideally prevented altogether.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

I didn't realize that "Nazis are bad" is both a honeypot and a controversial opinion. Delusional thinking.

Neither candidate is against concentration camps, neither side things Nazis are bad, they agreed the riots need to stop, Biden said white supremacists are a problem but offered zero solutions because he has none.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shammypants posted:

So we're going to wake up to every poll saying Biden won and a bunch of people who spent the night saying Biden got trounced just disappear into the aether again? Is that about right?

I've seen 6 people just among ones I know who this morning were pitching a VOTE FOR BIDEN AND PULL HIM LEFT event toss their hands up and focus on local stuff instead as a result of the debate, but you'll never hear about it because its GND and M4A people who are exactly identical to racist trump voters to Biden and this The Party

God willing I'll get even more to leave the top of the ballot blank. I can't find a single person who is happy with his performance, it rules

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

OwlFancier posted:

I'm asking because, like, do you not see a conflict between voting for crappy candidates and voting for not crappy ones? Like yeah you can vote left in the primary but if you vote right at the general anyway doesn't that send a much clearer message that nobody needs to tack left?

Like worldwide don't you think there's a story repeated over and over where left representation is utterly disenfranchised and taken for granted by center right types using the threat of the far right during elections and then pandering to them once they're in office?

How does that cycle break?

We saw this tonight, too, with Biden's Louis XIV "I am the Democratic party" poo poo. He aggressively doesn't care about anybody to his left.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Minion of Freya posted:

If this applies to people from South America too someone should go back in time and tell Joe Biden!

It doesn't - only the lives of american residents need enter into the liberal utilitarian calculus

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

fart simpson posted:

i think you have me confused with someone else. i didnt say that.

You have the same tag and didn't aruge against them shouldn't that mean you are the same?/s

I don't get myself accused of liking concertation camps just because I voted for joe. Same thing here.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Proud Boys got their name from the Disney Movie "Aladdin". LMAO!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Rockit posted:

You can ask the same of every poster in this thread mate.

Your vote or even all SA's votes aren't going be the key one that swings the EC. That's catastrophizing.
The party will just ignore them like the rest of the third party candidates.

The democratic party already ignores me, the threat of continuing to be ignored isn't the threat you think it is.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Yeah the polls thread gets real dumb when it's like that. Yeesh.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

You are justifying the beliefs of literal Nazis by blaming the Democratic party. How about the counter-narrative of "Jews shouldn't be gassed" you loving idiot.

If you're so smart, explain why the power of racism is ascendant in America while also allegedly being an immutable characteristic that is completely independent from external factors.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

so you want Trump to lose, would be happy he'd lose... but don't want to help that process? Are you going to thank Biden voters for their service at least?

Sure, thank you for voting for the continued style of governance that will almost certainly yield a monster even bigger than Trump in 4 years. Thank you for voting defensively, for the ostensibly better of two establishment candidates, in this election and every election from hereon out until there are no more avenues of life in America to exploit and to bring misery upon. Thank you for choosing to moralize an election between two immoral rich white men and berating people on the internet for failing to see any advantage in voting for your corporatist of choice. Thanks for helping to create a political system that begin and ends with a duo of celebrities vying for the vote of Ken Bone. I am perfectly content to vote for someone who reflects my belief, and as soon as there is a presidential candidate who does so, they will get my vote. In the meantime, I am more focused on local politics where some actual progressive candidates can be found and deserve support. gently caress presidential elections and gently caress anybody who is content with harm reduction until we are all dead.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Conflating the incumbency advantage with an inherent "centrism advantage" is some incredible poo poo. Bush won a 2nd term also, we gotta do more invasions!!!!

Not even going to bother noting they largely accomplished Republican goals and brought aid and comfort to almost no one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Popete posted:

I can %100 agree with people saying Joe Biden sucks and will not actually bring about any real reform or change in a 4 year term. Where you're losing me is how handing Trump the reigns for another 4 years makes things better. Is this what 4D chess is???

I think the aggravation is that most of the people really stanning biden are seemingly unwilling to perceive burnout as like, a major systemic problem with the process of offering repeated lovely dem candidates in between increasingly horrific republican ones.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Proud Boys are not a "gang", they a white nationalist Neo-Nazi terrorist group.

Yeah only non-whites have gangs, silly billy!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

punk rebel ecks posted:

Proud Boys got their name from the Disney Movie "Aladdin". LMAO!

wait what

quote:

Far-right organization the Proud Boys borrowed their name from the song,[145][146] an idea conceived by founder Gavin McInnes.[147] The idea originated in late 2015 when McInnes heard a rendition of "Proud of Your Boy" performed at his daughter's school recital,[76] taking issue with its lyrics which he felt implied "Aladdin was apologizing for being a boy, when actually we should let boys be boys."

why is everything so loving stupid

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

eke out posted:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shammypants posted:

Regd04 praising and dreaming salivating over the Victory of the Technocrat

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Nix Panicus posted:

The democratic party already ignores me, the threat of continuing to be ignored isn't the threat you think it is.

That's probably because it's not a threat. It's your prerogative to keep on keeping on i'd suppose.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Popete posted:

A trump win somehow makes them transform into vital gatekeepers of future policy. (it won't)

There are a number of people who genuinely believe there is no difference between them but frankly, it's a dumb opinion. Very dumb.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Regd04 praising and dreaming salivating over the Victory of the Technocrat

There's nothing but risk in your only "card" being 'hope Biden loses.' If Biden wins, and protest/third party voting is low, how does that help progressive politics again?

I see some NoJoes on the forum as preparing to kick themselves in the rear end.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

If you're so smart, explain why the power of racism is ascendant in America while also allegedly being an immutable characteristic that is completely independent from external factors.

Really bending over backwards to try to excuse members of a literal Neo Nazi terrorist group. Some "very fine people", am I right?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ho

ly

gently caress

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Sure, thank you for voting for the continued style of governance that will almost certainly yield a monster even bigger than Trump in 4 years. Thank you for voting defensively, for the ostensibly better of two establishment candidates, in this election and every election from hereon out until there are no more avenues of life in America to exploit and to bring misery upon. Thank you for choosing to moralize an election between two immoral rich white men and berating people on the internet for failing to see any advantage in voting for your corporatist of choice. Thanks for helping to create a political system that begin and ends with a duo of celebrities vying for the vote of Ken Bone. I am perfectly content to vote for someone who reflects my belief, and as soon as there is a presidential candidate who does so, they will get my vote. In the meantime, I am more focused on local politics where some actual progressive candidates can be found and deserve support. gently caress presidential elections and gently caress anybody who is content with harm reduction until we are all dead.

Thanks for keeping Trump in office by not voting for Biden.

You can put all the fancy sauce on it you want but at the end of that day that is all you are doing.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 30, 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

You are justifying the beliefs of literal Nazis by blaming the Democratic party. How about the counter-narrative of "Jews shouldn't be gassed" you loving idiot.

Dont put words on my mouth, I voted for the only Jew in the primaries and not the guy who endorsed a program to sterilize Ethiopean Jews

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Yeah only non-whites have gangs, silly billy!

The proud boys are not a gang, they are a literal white nationalist terrorist group. They are not the Juggalos.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/saletan/status/1311147110713171968

"he's saying it when he's not supposed to be saying it"

This is a reachable person. This is somebody who has the potential to grow.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

ElrondHubbard posted:

A clerical issue resulting from having multiple conflicting addresses listed on ballots by the campaign isn’t terribly complicated and should have been cleared with evidence to address the discrepancy, not unlike updating an address with the DMV. Apparently there was a delay in appealing the issue, which should obviously have been appealed immediately and ideally prevented altogether.

So what you're saying is you didn't read it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Really bending over backwards to try to excuse members of a literal Neo Nazi terrorist group. Some "very fine people", am I right?

Do you not think the people who drafted the aforementioned "no citizenship, only work" "solution" to immigration might also be contributing to racism in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

I think the aggravation is that most of the people really stanning biden are seemingly unwilling to perceive burnout as like, a major systemic problem with the process of offering repeated lovely dem candidates in between increasingly horrific republican ones.

I get that, I feel that too. I just don't understand after everything we've seen over the past 4 years and Trumps dismantling of every institution and decorum and norm and turning the justice department into his personal lackeys, then handing him a victory and affirmation that this was all acceptable will get us anywhere but in a worse place. If Trump gets another 4 years, bolstered by the validation of a 2nd term I don't think we will even have any shred of a real democracy left in 2024 to bring about a sweeping reform candidate.