Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'll go ahead and throw in a recommendation for Core-A Gaming, a fighting game channel that does short essays on various topics. What's great isn't just how he makes a lot of difficult concepts very easy to understand, but he cites his research in academic studies and psychology books. I don't play fighting games often but I find his stuff very compelling.

Why Motion Inputs Still Exist:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WhbSNP_zF4

Playing Fast and Slow:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4-EyNJhcQ8

Why Button Mashing doesn't Work:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R0hbe8HZj0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Down with Star Wars derails!

Now is the time of Super Robot Wars derails!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Super Robot Wars is a mecha anime mega crossover turn based strategy RPG game franchise with over fifty games. While the series has been almost exclusively a Japan only franchise due to licensing issues and general lack of interest in the west, they've recently ventured out into providing full English translations, ostensibly for the South East Asia market but with the side effect of making them very easy to import and play for English speakers the world over.

Also a fun fact, the lead translator, and some members of her team, are goons.

Alacron fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 25, 2020

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

The Broodwich episode of Babish is pretty ridiculous for that when he goes home made for all the luncheon meat, including a completely ridiculously long homemade mortadella.

Look sometimes you want to get a tax write off for your deli slicer and to do that you need to film yourself using it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
A lot of videos coming out for the end of the month:

Noah Gervais does Disco Elysium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_7ngJDbUQE

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Jamie Faith posted:

Wait, what's wrong with Chris Sabat?

Nothing that I know of, but I don't think VA's will be getting royalties for that deal.

edit: lol third

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
This guy cannot be real.

It's too perfect to be real.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yeah, uBlock is great, highly recommend.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Not everyone who left SA has been chomping at the bit to come back, and that's okay.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
That got pretty... uh :stare:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I feel like I could watch Jay and Josh talk about pretty much anything and be into it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Let's not make this weird, please.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Srice posted:

https://youtu.be/xb-DtICmPTY

Tim Rogers put out a six hour long(!) review/documentary/LP video on Tokimeki Memorial. Looking forward to watching this over the course of a week haha. It's gonna rule.

I can't believe I watched (almost) that whole thing. It was good, but goddamn is there a lot of it.

He tends to repeat himself a lot though, doesn't he?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

You can't just make up words

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Kim Justice posted:

uhh dyspraxic is a word altough it's more to do with hand/eye coordination.

(Signed: Person who had it pretty bad in childhood)

Dyscalculic is also a word. Now that one I actually didn't know until later.

Yeah, I looked it up after I made that post. Still makes no sense to use it there though.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Hattie Masters posted:

Fun fact: Dyspraxia also effects people's behavioural patterns, similarly to other forms of neurodiversity. It's why it's diagnosed via clinical psychology, and can occasionally be detected via speech patterns and sentence structure.

Source: I'm dyspraxic as gently caress, both of those things featured heavily in my original diagnosis, and I was once accurately pegged as a dyspraxic just by someone reading an essay I wrote!

EDIT: one of the examples of this is being irritated by certain things beyond a rational reason, so I used it bc I was not sure if it was a legitimate gripe or just my dyspraxic brain deciding something didn't Feel right

Makes sense, I'll just take the L on this one. Sorry for being an rear end in a top hat.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Junpei Hyde posted:

Well his spine exploded and he lost his website so who knows

:vince:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

I'm not usually gonna post Grump Out clips cause there's like 500 of them, but I will post this one because it's one of my favorite moments in the entire run of Game Grumps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QARi73k8HLg

Just constantly loving up getting the music scroll in this one Shovel Knight stage. I also love "We have a video game show that we do FOR A LIVING"

You'd think that after the 13th time I'd stop laughing at this, but you'd be wrong.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
That is easily one of the worst videos he's done, behind the Anime Meta and the Rick and Morty videos.

Jesus Christ stop staying drip.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Core-A gaming has a real knack for naming his videos weird things.

This video is about Tekken's Korean Back Dash technique, but also it's about emergent gameplay and dribbling in Basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzIfubaQLyk

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I get some of the difficulty complaints, but I think Nintendo has been pretty wise to skew the difficulty of their games towards easier rather than harder. Like, I've been teaching my nephews how to play certain games like Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 and even with the various assist modes it's been a struggle for them. When you throw in something as complex as Pokemon? The spirit is willing, but they can't retain that much information yet.

In general I think games should err on the easier side. If the core game is fun, then experienced fans will invent various gimmicks to make the game more difficult for them. You can't go the opposite way and make a game easier if it doesn't let you. That said I've never dived too deep into Pokemon, I just grab the occasional game and play it to completion without getting into the weeds of post game stuff.

And yes, Dark Souls doesn't have an easy mode and that's good blah blah blah I know. Dark Souls also isn't for literal children.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

StealthArcher posted:

Metagross is an S rank mon, but thats still x/y for ya.

Sweeping the whole game with one Pokemon is nothing new really, especially if you trade for something that's top tier.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

lobster22221 posted:

I beleive the best way to eat a poptart is to eat the sides first, then enjoy the tasty frosty portions.

The ol' "save your lucky charms marshmallows for the end" strategy

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I enjoy Critical Role in bits and pieces, actually watching multiple hours of it week to week is a bit much for me though.

However I have listened to Nightmare Before Critmas multiple times. That dumb poo poo was right up my alley. :allears:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

A weirdo has decided that a: Jenny uses an uncredited ghostwriter(s) for her videos and b: that she doesn't pay said uncredited ghostwriter(s)
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1365941588174643206

Jenny's crack writing team of Benny Micholson, Giant Spider Plush, Patton Oswalt Porg, and Daddy Topps.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

grittyreboot posted:

I always wondered if Scorsese knew some mobsters growing up. Goodfellas was so gleefully disdainful of its characters that he must have been basing them on people he knew

Didn't he used to be a massive cokehead? I'd think being a famous hollywood director and deep into drugs you'd run into that kind of person more often than most.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Jamie look at what you've done

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

It loses some of its bite because the illness only progresses when the plot requires it. Which is great for being able to enjoy the open world but hilarious when you get cutscenes about how ill you are and how little time you have and then proceed to tool around Night City looking for broken taxis and committing police sanctioned murder for ten hours.

There was a game that did this pretty well, depending on who you ask. Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer is centered around the player contracting a curse that gives them a ravenous hunger for souls. There's a special meter for your hunger and you constantly have to manage it one way or another, either giving into the hunger entirely which gives you more personal power overall but the more you give the quicker the gauge depletes. Or you can take a weird Zen Buddhist approach, meditation, fasting, and finding "safe" ways to indulge it (undead).

It's a really neat mechanic and the whole story revolves around it, but it does constantly cut into your regular exploration and conversation time that you expect from a CRPG, so I know a lot of people didn't like it. I think it was kind of amazing but it gave me so much trouble after a while that I had to use the console to tone down its severity just so I could finish the game without restarting.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
One of the ways I interpreted All Might's weird smile/shadowed eyes is as a sort of grimace, since the first chapter establishes that he's basically on borrowed time with all his accumulated injuries and sheer exhaustion from living the way he does.

I should get back on it, it's been a while since I last read any MHA. Did that storyline with the hospital raid wrap up? That's the last thing I remember reading.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Out of all the ways that people tried to recommend JoJo to me, the one that worked best was Chip and Ironicus podcast.

...But for some reason I can't find the dub for parts 1 & 2 anywhere. Well, nowhere legal anyway.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Scholtz posted:

Netflix has it.

All I'm seeing is Part 3 :saddowns:

Is this one of those things I'm gonna need a VPN for?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Scholtz posted:

poo poo, my bad. They had Part 2 as the art for it so I just figured. Looks like its on Hulu though.

SO IT IS, thank you!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Ugh, felt legit sick when I heard.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

BFC posted:

I chose 21 because alcohol access is a key factor in grooming. I have seen it first hand.

The old rule/guideline I've heard is "half your age plus 7 is the border into creep town"

Which, uh, yeah this fails that particular test.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

BFC posted:

21 year olds shouldn't be propositioning sex from 17 year olds imo

Well yeah, you round up so it'd be eighteen :downs:

Sorry if this came off as creepy, I'm making bad jokes to try and cope with my favorite dick joke maker being a creep.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
When I first heard the words “MY LIFESTYLE DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE”, I legit thought it was Weird Al singing. It’s just so silly.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
No reason it can't be both, right?

Bad writer + bad editor = dumpster fire ending.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'll never build my own PC because the only expensive puzzles I put together are Gunpla. :colbert:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
We talkin 'bout Saturday morning animes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cYPiFJdDMs

PopArena just released his David the Gnome video, and y'all should watch it.

warning: may contain Harvey Weinstein