Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Robo Reagan posted:

where jorp steal the clip art of the chaos dragon
https://www.clipartkey.com/view/wJJhJJ_clip-art-ouroboros-dragon-meaning-ouroboros-design/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ihki posted:

Couldn't have said it better myself!
this is what people have been trying to tell you

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

From memory he's not tenured, he just isn't like a core teacher so he can't be fired so much as just not asked to host classes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The Sausages posted:

Didn't know that was a jorp thing too. The other place I've heard the "serpents=DNA" horseshit is from acid casualties who think it's a proven fact that ayahuasqueros are actually wizards who directly control people's DNA to heal them. Which is a much nicer idea than the all too real concept of charlatans trying to kill each other with songs, in between trying to screw naïve drug tourists and spitting on sick people.
I've seen it pop up a few times in ancient aliens circles as part of their beliefs that ancient peoples already 'knew' the things we know now but that it was coded because their brains weren't ready to understand it directly or whatever, because there's no new information to discover only old traditions to reclaim; incidentally, it mainly pops up in people who have at least one idea in their conspiracy gestalt that can be traced back to the books of an actual neo-Nazi convicted of anti-Semitism in multiple countries.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Atlantis was a rhetorical device that was never intended to be believed in, and the Garden of Eden is literally middle-eastern culture.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yes but on the other hand they believed the caduceus was symbol of finance and trade because they didn't know what DNA is.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

there's also people (masochists, bugchasers, etc) who shouldn't treat others the way they want to be treated because it endangers others! i can't believe these pithy generalisations are failing when applied to niche cases.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

ugh, the pettiness of these people asking that i wear a mask when the rules say that i should wear a mask. cancel everything i said about respecting hierarchy, it only counts when the hierarchy makes me the one telling others what to do.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it's definitely one of the two

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i'm the jorpo in that thread who looked up ((())) for the first time on wikipedia and is now a complete savant on the matter and ready to debate

https://twitter.com/jimdoesitreal/status/1482343692140789765

unrelatedly

https://twitter.com/meta_macro/status/1482483430814367750

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Either way, whether Jorp knew what the parentheses meant, he's bought in to something said by someone who (likely?) DOES know what they mean.
the second tweet i posted is a screencap of that exact someone straight-out saying they were using the parentheses to indicate jewishness.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

jordan b "precise in your speech" peterson often runs into the problem that he is pathologically incapable of arriving directly at a point, so he relies on interviewers to shortcut to what he's actually trying to say so that he can claim he never actually said it, and his written work is a labyrinth of anecdotes and waffle designed to wear down the reader.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

lol yeah, if anything the "conversation" including idris elba is an example of the free market peeping over the fence and going "poo poo, we could sell that?"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

they were okay with it because he hit women.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i didn't know that about sean connery

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Jorp dressed like he's going to prom on Everest.
it's better than when he dressed to go to prom on reddit

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i didn't know he was familiar enough with greek philosophy to apply zeno's paradoxes to the concept of climate change.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

just like we calculate the compounding of interest without problem the climate will forever remain an unfathomable mystery

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

'the west' like whiteness itself is defined by exclusion - there is no rule for determining what is west only what is "obviously" not a part of it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i can't believe joe rogan isn't made of knuckles
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1487032346238984192

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

they're saying that i'm insane? and you're an idiot! and they want me to believe that's true?!?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Jordan Peterson: the too many people on the planet eco disaster cult at university

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Mister Speaker posted:

Not Jorp related but I actually think I developed an allergy to cider? Every time I drink it I get a fever and a noticeable rash around my neck and head. It's disgusting, but at least it makes me not want to touch that sugary poo poo. Is this a real thing? D'you suppose there's a bit of credence to Jorp's cider meltdown, in that he may have developed an allergy?
you're probably sensitive to sulphites.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I've heard that before, but I have yet to encounter a hand whose digits have 12 joints combined.
you use your right thumb to point to the number you're on, and fold your left fingers in to keep track of the tens position.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

eSporks posted:

Oh wow, the way I was taught you use the knuckles on both hands, that way you can count to 12x12 instead of 12x5.
to be fair, this is specifically the technique used by the sumerians from whom we get the 60 minute/hour - there's been time for some improvements

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

bangagran

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

gays do bum stuff ergo procto i'm homo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

last time someone makes fun of me.jpg

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

he got a sniff of that old glory with rogan and now he's back on the wagon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

jbp: "don't be seen doing good works, that's prideful and evil"

also jbp in literally the same sentence because that's how he talks: "did you hear about all the good stuff bill gates is doing?!"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

yeah but were they mean about it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It you meet post-modernism on the path, kill it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The key thing is that Postmodernism is not about what comes after now, but rather what comes after the philosophical ideas of Modernism.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

hey jordo, you're free to leave the college of ontario psychologists any time you want

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

the communist manifesto is like 30 pages long and he wouldn't even read that despite basing his entire loving career on it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

TheScuta 6.66 posted:

Holy poo poo do you have the actual quote/excerpt on this?? That's pretty low even for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHdt_3CczNI&t=500s

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Have you considered it's the cider not the reading?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

the lyrics are structured so simply and the meanings so basic that I feel the album should be titled Prog Rock for Preschoolers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it's a totally rad drawing he did in the 80s that he calls "the meaning of music" https://www.jordanbpeterson.com/meaning-of-music/