Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fantastic season opener. More mando justified collaborations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Them not using the same model and texture for it from KOTOR1 is a huge misstep.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jon you loving coward

https://twitter.com/wearlbrown/status/1322229100879126528?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

teagone posted:

Just wanna make an appreciation post for the aspect ratio opening up during the krayt battle. I had to rewind it during that part to watch it again because the transition was executed perfectly. I remember the same feeling during The Hunger Games Catching Fire when the AR transitioned to full IMAX at the part where Katniss rose up into the arena during the countdown. Are there any other movies or shows that have done the same thing? It's a pretty effective filmic technique to indicate poo poo's about to get real. Love that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci1u68ZVcag

(2:20 in)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You want to see someone have fun with aspect ratios go watch Transformers: The Last Knight. Bay did not give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck about ratio so you end up with scenes where you get 3 separate aspect ratios just taking turns one after another.

I’m not exaggerating here either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ImVeqvS7hw

You can notice the 3 ratios they alternate throughout right at the start.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 31, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

teagone posted:

Kyle Katarn becoming canon in The Mandalorian would own tbh. Now I have hopes I know will never be realized. drat.

Same except Dash Rendar.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

One of my favorite aspects of this show is just how hosed the ship gets with each episode. I fully expect it to be just the hyperdrive engine by the end of the season.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/ldrinkh20/status/1324883606490271744?s=21

:hmmyes:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hot drat this episode loving RULED

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

teagone posted:

Yeah, I LOL'd at how it ended up looking, especially when it cut to the interior. All the comedy beats this episode were great.

“We trapped them in cargo control” was just :discourse:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IBroughttheFunk posted:

From what I have learned from various Star Wars shows, the Mon Calamari are supposed to be renowned shipbuilders. Which made the patch-job that one guy did on Mando's ship all the funnier to me because it was such absolute poo poo.

Like, why did he even need to drape the seats with fish nets? The seats were one of the few things that weren't damaged. No reason, just throw it in there with the rope and seaweed and whatever the hell.

Dude’s probably an actual good builders but the ship was in such terrible shape AND Din paid so little for “repairs” dude just went to town on it in the shittiest way possible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Entertainment will never ever work like this.

You literally have an avatar avatar

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Series finale will be Din taking the Child to an all you can eat buffet

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That’s actually the plot of the ongoing x-men books. Mutants have developed resurrection technology thanks to Xavier making constant backups and now they can and often die

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Something something evil sith soul burns through the husk/clone without X stuff that can’t be grown on a clone.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

banned from Starbucks posted:

I want more Hutts. Hutts control this huge rear end area of the galaxy and we only ever see like 2?

Hutt Jedi it is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Din stuck in side quest hell is pretty funny and fun so far.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Phylodox posted:

Yaddle was 100% around the whole time. All throughout the Clone Wars. Ahsoka met her multiple times. The thing is, Yaddle is aggressively boring. Nobody remembers her. Ever. Hell, even y’all forgot her three episode arc in Clone Wars’ second season.

Poor Yaddle.

This reminds me of a one-shot X-men story where they tell the story of a mutant who’s mutant power is that everyone immediately forgets about him so he goes through various arcs doing clutch save the day things and no one ever notices or remember.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Masters of Teras Kasi was the bomb, y’all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Smythe posted:

its too much man. its too good to believe. its like they reached into the adolescent nerd brain and pulled out all the epic poo poo. if kyle katarn shows up ill die irl. but on the other hand if they bring out that big clone jedi with the stupid name like what was it, ccclorpzzz or some dumb poo poo lmfao, well, i would not like that. just my $0.02

The world is ready for Starkiller to make its TV debut!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When are we getting a lightclaymore

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The season finale will be a flashback episode where it’s revealed the child was just off-screen of every pivotal event in the series.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Desperado Bones posted:

Hell yeah. But not only Star Wars, but every Disney live action movie..

After all the flashbacks we jump 250,000 years to the future and find ourselves on this earth where the child is merchandise from a TV show and it’s revealed this show was produced by Ron Moore all along.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

robot roll call posted:

Why would you keep the armor that can deflect a loving lightsaber as the backup? Why would you even need a backup if you had that?

Bro have you never played a game with durability? Always keep the rare poo poo for the final boss.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Glass of Milk posted:

"Weeping, Ashoka draws Luke to her breast to suckle and the circle is complete."

Actually, I like Filoni, but I also have perfect confidence the dude has an Ahsoka body pillow that he hides when company comes around.

https://twitter.com/ldrinkh20/status/1332375255772504064?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

Is that a screenshot edit from the Mandalorian, or is that in game rendering?

In-game. Unreal engine can be insanely good and for as lovely as it is, Frostbite creates some incredible visuals in Battlefront 2.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's too bad Grogu probably won't get big enough to use the Darksaber since Mando is probably going to get it for him.

Porg concept art coming to mind.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Groku is too close to Goku when you think about it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Its Rinaldo posted:

Just found out Dave Filoni is a Steeler fan so he's clearly scum and this show sucks like Clone Wars and Rebels suck too

drat I hate Star Wars now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I don't read the books or anything, so I'm probably behind, but why are so many people itt talking about Ezra working with Thrawn, known fascist dictator and mass murderer? Why the gently caress would anybody want to see some kind of redemption story for that bastard? He may be a great villain, story wise, but he deserves the same end as Mussolini.

Also, RIP Dave Prowse.

Wouldn’t even be the first time Rebels do a “enemies forced to work together to survive a dangerous situation”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PunkBoy posted:

Man, what a fantastic episode, but I'm begging you Lucasfilm, please stop working with transphobes.

Almost all of the Rosario Dawson stuff ended up being straight up dropped against her, including the transphobe stuff. Not settled or buried, but dropped, which I feel says a lot. There's some stuff with the altercation between the person and Rosario's mom that's still moving forward so there was actually a fight. Dawson has also been a big proponent and supportive of the LBGT community for a long rear end time.

It's also annoying as poo poo to try to actually find more info on this because outside of the furor back when the allegations were first made last year there's barely been as much follow-up on the charges being dropped and more information coming out that seem to back Dawson's side of things.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Rewatched the episode and during the final encounter with the Magistrate's soldiers and droids, the moment when Ahsoka ignites her sabers together and pulls them apart? The loving best.

That poo poo made no sense against Vader and it doesn’t make sense now!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sekhmnet posted:

Both cartoons seemed like they started out with a much younger target audience and changed gears when they got their ratings demographic feedback.

Clone Wars starting with that dumb movie following a stupid padawan no one wanted or cared for instead of being a Anakin and Obi Wan war show.

And here we are now still following that drat padawan.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spacebump posted:

Is there a decent Clone Wars episode watch/skip list anywhere?

I’ve seen a few thrown around here and there. The clone wars thread is still around I think you may want to check there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Glass of Milk posted:

To the point of the discussion, I think they didn't know where to land on those things early on (assuming a younger demographic?), but to me they caught on and got some nice arcs.

And every sci fi show seems to have those goofy "aside" episodes. The drat holodeck episodes in Star Trek leap out at me, but I think every show has them.

Black Market and Boxing Night hell yeah.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, you don't give a spear to a character portrayed by an actor who trained for months to fight with a spear on another famous fantasy show and then not have him fight with it. ...Then again the last four years of popular media in general have been one boneheaded disappointment after another, so who knows, maybe they'll pull a Game of Thrones and have, I dunno, Cara kill Gideon with it because Mando's to obvious a guess. I dunno.

At the very least he’s definitely wearing a helmet all the time now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SMDH Thrawn is a GRAND Admiral, you fools.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/kingbackpackii/status/1333194574307749889?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Some of the concept art showed asohka with her Rebels epilogue getup so I think they may have played with the idea of when that epilogue took place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

teagone posted:

Would explain why Ahsoka wasn't wearing her white robes in 'The Jedi' episode too, among other things. I dig that storytelling choice.

She is on concept art during the credits so they obviously toyed with the idea. I’d take a screenshot but Disney apparently locked that poo poo down.