Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Does this mean anything for interpreting other states?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Telsa Cola posted:

Its 56 trump now

Is this the NYT needle of doom?

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I am not subscribing or bothering with the paywall. Also the needle is worse for my anxiety I imagine.

What's the best site to track the results on? Decision Desk has a bunch of paywalls.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Can someone explain why NYT called Virginia for Biden almost immediately?

What's happening in Virgina?

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011
Potentially dumb question, but when they say 90% (or whatever) reporting is that just in-person voting?

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

sheri posted:

If a state has been called or has > 85% reporting in, assume that the mail in ballots for that state are counted.

Do you know this for the 85%? It's really unclear watching how the percentage reporting is distributed across mail-in vs. polling? Does it actually reflect counted mail in votes? It seems like it's mostly election day voting from the reporting.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Even if Biden does win, this is very bad news for the Democrats going forward

https://twitter.com/nguyenthevote/status/1323835185264267264?s=20

Isn't this just exit polls? 2020 exit polls are not comparable to 2016 exit polls.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Murgos posted:

Lawfare has a good article on it but most media companies have quietly worked to limit obvious disinformation.

Google in particular has worked hard to remove an exploit where when a new “fake news” story appears that all traffic gets driven to a few sights set up ahead of time to exploit that information void.

Think of the fake local newspaper website in 2016 that had a story of Hillary killing a deputy. There was no such thing so when anyone googled for information they got realish looking websites amplifying the story. That doesn’t work as well anymore.

Apparently YouTube and tiktok are still not good at this so expect misinformation to come through those outlets more than others.

Does this mean Chrome has stopped recommending RT articles? I used to get almost exclusively "news" articles from RT recommendations when I opened a blank tab in my phone's browser.

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Someone has the maths wrong as yesterday was his 209th...so someone is off somewhere

Silly Burrito posted:

This says 284 so :shrug:

https://www.trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings

Looks more detailed though. Cost to Taxpayer: About $142,000,000

I think there is a distinction between time spent at properties, time spent at golf properties, and time spent golfing.

Goosed it. fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

"technically Trump cannot be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder because his overall success means we can't classify his behavior as 'disordered'" codicil under any such discussion

What? That's not how personality disorders work. External markers of success do not mean a person is cannot be diagnosed if it is impairing their ability or causing distress. Presumable if Trump did not have NPD he would be even more successful (or at least happier).

The disclaimer you should be adding is, "I've never interviewed Trump in a clinical setting and without firsthand knowledge am unable to diagnose Trump" (assuming you are trained and qualified to do psychodiagnostic assessments).

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Thing is, if we lived in a functional society, those people would be right. We don't, so they're wrong, but it isn't just stupidity on their part.

The core problem America is facing is that we are, as a nation, essentially in a society- wide collapsed prisoner’s dilemma, with the Republicans, Conservatives, and Capitalists *always* choosing the short term self interest, "fuxk you got mine" option.

So we can't have the nice things you get when all parties cooperate. Like health care or a functional government.

The west wing esque "why can't we all just get along" idiocy isn't just terminal stupidity; it's people who want to cooperate failing to realize that the prisoner’s dilemma has collapsed and they've been betrayed.

Agreed. I also think it's important, in family situations especially, to think about who is trying to smooth the waters. A lot of women were raised to not make waves and not disagree. Boys are the loud ones that cause trouble, and girls are the ones who follow the rules and fix things. If you're raised in that environment disagreeing can feel a lot like causing trouble and can be really difficult to do, especially in the same family setting where those ideas were first instilled.

Goosed it. fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 10, 2020