Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
I am hopelessly addicted to this game already.

One thing that bothers me is they didn't bother to go the rock/paper/scissors approach with elements, but rather making them good/bad based on how those elements theoretically would interact.

It makes logical sense, but it feels like poor game design.

If attacking with pyro, it is strong against cryo, hydro, electro, and dendro
If attacking with electro, it is strong against hydro, and not great against pyro (the combo damage is fire damage) and is special regarding cryo (combo damage is ice, but lowers physical resistance)
If attacking with cryo, it is strong against pyro, hydro, and electro
If attacking with hydro, it is strong against pyro, useless against cryo, and weak against electro (combo damage is electric)
Geo can be used to break geo shields, but once the shield drops, geo slimes are immune to the damage, making it really awkward against certain enemies.
Anemo is just great in general against everything that isn't immune to wind.

Dendro mostly doesn't exist yet as an element, barring fire causing burning against dendro slimes. If they continue with the logical interactions, I could see hydro being useless against dendro (why would you attack a plant with water?) and cryo and electro being ok against it but not as good as pyro.

So realistically, you would want your primary DPS to be either pyro, cryo or physical with either electro or cryo as an element, otherwise you are going to run into a decent number of enemies that your attacks just aren't great against. Water especially is super weak unless you are facing fire based enemies.

The main offensive use for Geo is replicated by simply having a claymore user on your team, and wind is really useful in general.

Childe was really fun to play in his quest, but I just can't imagine building up a primary DPS that's going to struggle against so many enemy types when I could bring someone like Diluc or Klee who do heavy damage + pyro damage, allowing them to handle almost every enemy type the game throws at you, barring fire immune enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Sirbloody posted:

At AR28 what should I be burning my resin on? Last few days I been doing exp books for the Childe banner but I figured I should be doing something more worthwhile now.

I am at AR45, and in retrospect, I wish I farmed skill books more. It helps that the drop rate for these doesn't massively change later on, unlike most other things you can farm.

Weapon upgrade materials are also something you might want to grind out a bit early on. Once you hit AR40 and especially 45, you are going to want to dump way more resin into farming artifacts, since they are almost pointless to farm before 40 since you won't get any 5 star artifacts until then.

If you can't see anything reasonable to farm, it's never bad to hit up mora ley lines, as mora is a constant bottleneck later on.

EDIT: I just burned 20 resin on the AR45 skill book domain rank, and I got 3 green and 2 blue skill books. Rates are just garbage for those no matter how high a rank you run.

Mistikman fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 12, 2020

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

My account got stolen on Tuesday, and I am going to recommend everyone here go into their account and link their phone number and email address. Allegedly this makes it a lot harder to steal someone's account, and I certainly hadn't done it.

I provided overwhelming proof that the account was mine in my initial ticket, then they replied to the ticket with a request for a ton more information. Every interaction on the ticket was met with a 8-10 hour delay before the next response from them, even if I replied to them within 5 minutes. On Wednesday they confirmed they had everything they needed to recover my account from whoever stole it.

Today I got a reply asking me to follow up with them on Tuesday.

MiHoYo's support is painfully slow at recovering a stolen account. They can have absolutely overwhelming proof that you owned the account and will still take over a week to change the username and password on your account so you can get back in and the thief can't.

I am pretty sure whoever stole my account (or whatever sucker bought it from them) probably spent all my primogems, all my crystals, and all my fragile resin.

I also will have missed the second half of the current event.

This is beyond irritating having to deal with this.

If you do have your account stolen, expect to provide the following information:

1) UID, account username or nickname, level and Server

2) Email address, Phone number or other 3rd accounts (Facebook, Twitter etc.) that bound to this UID:

3) Register date, location and device

4) Device info of last log-in and location (If it not matching, no assistance)

5) Date and timing of last log-in

6) Usual location (city) of log-in and usual devices

7) Screenshot of All purchase, must have to include order number of payment, date and Packages that recently of purchased (If this account has been topped-up, then this piece of information is required, otherwise no assistance will be given)

8) Game info:

A) eg. characters (If you have 5 star characters do inform us of the name and level of the character)

B) 5-star weapons that you own

9) Other info that could be used as proof of the belonging of acct.

10) Specs of your computer and model of your phone

If you reply to them without providing all that information, expect them to chastise you for delaying the process and requesting it again.

Mistikman fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 28, 2020

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I did not, but I was stupid and used a password that had been compromised in the past that would have been clearly tied to the email address I registered with due to the leaks.

That said, there are plenty of people reporting getting their accounts stolen who were a lot more secure in that respect, so I suspect there is some kind of vulnerability on the MiHoYo side they haven't admitted to yet.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Lechtansi posted:

I feel like mihoyo backed themselves into a corner with the way they designed elemental reactions. Unless they change the numbers (they won't), pyro is always going to be the strongest. The only thing that might shake it is if characters come out and their skills interact with it in new ways that become the new meta.

Yeah, I am pretty sure I posted a similar sentiment early in the thread.

Making logical sense doesn't always lead to good game design.

Slimes are the perfect enemies to test elements against, since they are basically pure representatives of that element.

Fire shreds cryo slimes, electro slimes, dendro slimes, does good damage vs hydro slimes.

Geo and Anemo slimes are a bit different, as you need heavy damage vs Geo slimes and something to do damage to anemo slimes when they balloon up to instakill them.

No element other than Pyro is universally effective against every element other than itself.

Pyro + Electro reaction causes Pyro damage, so Electro is already less effective vs Pyro since the reaction would be resisted

Hydro + Electro reaction causes Electro damage, so Hydro is not great vs Electro, and Hydro does straight up no damage to Cryo slimes.

This makes Hydro by far the weakest element, with the sole exception being that it is the most effective vs the strongest element, Pyro, which ends up becoming a powerful use case as a backup element to Pyro.

I could see 2 main elemental combos for team comps: Electro + Cryo for a physical damage based comp, and Pyro+Hydro for an elemental damage based comp.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Mailer posted:

Wow, co-op is a dumpster fire. The biggest highlight was being kicked from a Fischl/Diluc/Venti team for picking Kaeya.

I guess I'll blow resin on lower level versions for a purple witch's set and call it a day.

Any character can be viable *in general* but before my account got stolen I did a lot of domains multiplayer.

A lot of the artifact domains are set up to be specifically hostile against the element of the artifacts provided. For example, a super popular one is the one that gives fire artifacts. This domain punishes you if you bring a fire unit to it.

If you join a multiplayer game, you will often see 1-2 people trying to bring their fire unit to the party, despite the fact that they will be punished for this.

Specifically, in the 40-45 version of that domain, every enemy is electric, and if you cause overload, you take a ton of damage. I have played and watched as players have suicided and then blamed the healer for not keeping them alive.

It's enough to make me want to tear my hair out.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Scoss posted:

Is there some concrete criteria for making Regisvines and Elemental Cube bosses respawn? I feel like I can teleport away and back and most of the time they will have returned, but sometimes not and I can't figure out why it's inconsistent.

I think sometimes the game just bugs out.

Check the adventurer journal on the bosses tab, if there is a respawn time you gotta wait for that. If that says it should have spawned and you teleported far away then back to the boss and they still aren't there, gotta close and restart the game.

I used to see it regularly in 1.0, but haven't really had an issue since 1.1 so either I have been lucky, or the boss might still be on cooldown.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

Ohh, thanks for mentioning this!

I guess they finally decided to fix crabs being a bottleneck for good. The only reason I was doing okay with them is that I've been religiously buying them every single day (which won't be as necessary anymore now).

Thank god.

Some genius decided that 90% of the original late game recipes would take 3-4 crabs each, and you needed to make 20-25 of them to master them.

I spent a lot more time than I was happy with running around beaches trying to catch crabs.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

padijun posted:

is it possible to join a lower AR world and just scum the event that way? because my only other option seems to be invest in amber

I did the event multiplayer and I think it always tossed me into a game at WL7, but if you manually joined someone much lower you could probably run it that way.

You get less rewards at lower WL though, and one of the rewards requires you to be at your own WL. Just queue up for multiplayer with your best fire unit. You can have duplicates on this event, so if everyone brings xiangling it won't cause a problem. You should luck out with your multiplayer teams 25% of the time or so and get a group that can steamroll it.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Cattail Prophet posted:

I think the way it works is that the value that just says plunge damage is what you deal to anything you hit during your descent, and then the low/high values are for the AOE when you land.

E: The weirdest thing I've noticed about plunge attacks is that Ningguang's doesn't share any of the rock breaking properties of her normals, even though I'm pretty sure it still does geo damage. It's just as useless for mining purposes as all the other catalyst and bow attacks. Guessing this probably applies to Klee, too.

Can confirm, dive attacks with Klee don't touch rocks.

It's pretty dumb since she basically becomes a huge missile flying towards the ground, but MiHoYo probably just has plunge attacks coded differently and they only see that it's a catalyst user and makes it do no damage to ore.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, between being 10 levels above me and having 3 lvl 80 back up units, I'm way behind. None of my crits are doing 2,000 damage on basic attacks. :v:

Another very large factor is I am guessing that person has a near perfect set of artifacts amping their Ning damage up that high. Getting a perfect set of artifacts like that takes a ton of resin and luck.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

ThePineapple posted:

So what's the go to artifact set for ganyu? 4pc blizzard strayer? I'm still getting my ganyu up to speed but it seems if I went that route and maxed out crit dmg I'd still need to freeze enemies to get the highest crit % from the set. I could do that with childe or XQ but somehow it seems awkward getting in melee range.

Speaking of, any ideal team comps to use with her?

If you have C4 Childe it's hilarious how strong the synergy is. If you do a charge shot from Childe, it applies riptide, and C4 causes riptide to reapply wet every 4 seconds for the duration, which is 18 seconds iirc. If you have this, you can let loose one arrow with Childe, then switch to Ganyu and have 18 seconds of charged arrows murdering the poo poo out of whatever you are fighting.

If you don't have C4 Childe, he still works, but you don't get the reapplications. XQ I haven't used a ton, but if his only works at melee range that's not great.

Mona might be the best option without C4 Childe, as you can drop her skill to get some water at range for a little bit, then do charge attacks.

Overall, you want another ice unit on the team for the ice resonance, then someone to apply wet so you can get a full freeze. If you have this, you get +55% crit rate and can effectively build for pure +ATK and Crit Damage.

For the 4th slot, dealer's choice I guess. Water resonance won't be worth anything, and any other element you bring wouldn't add another resonance so you are really free to bring whatever support will help boost your damage the most.

I have C4 Childe and C2 Albedo, so my team will be Childe, Qiqi, Ganyu, Albedo and I expect it to be absolutely ridiculous.

Mistikman fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 17, 2021

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

YoshiOfYellow posted:

All geo damage can proc shatter, so yeah Albedo could potentially be goofy in any freeze setup.

Hmm, I might have to rethink him in my team comp, that's a bit of a bummer.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

ninjoatse.cx posted:

He also has the best passive in the game. +1 to their primary attack? Ganyu thanks you for your contribution to her domination

I would argue if you have him at C4 (lol) he becomes the best possible support for Ganyu. You can shoot 1 charged water arrow to trigger riptide, which will then reapply wet every 4 seconds, letting you go for a freeze comp with Ganyu at any range with almost no upkeep needed before the enemy dies.

For hilarious reasons related to someone whaling on my briefly stolen account, I am rocking a C6 Childe and a freeze build on Ganyu.

It's amazing.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Framboise posted:

TD was cool but later difficulties were obnoxiously hard and I didn't enjoy them at all. I like Windblume's varied minigames so far!

If you think any of the difficulties were obnoxiously hard you were doing it really wrong.

If you stay on top of leveling up your towers, 90% of it can be done with freeze traps.

If you try to mix in fire you can melt the enemies and screw it up, so don't do that next time it comes around.

If you do coop it's ridiculously easier since you basically have twice as much income overall, and twice as much starting resources.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

The Crusher posted:

I'm so glad Zhongli got a rerun. I just got him to 55k HP and I've never felt more unkillable. I only wish I could have one for each abyss team. I'm hoping that the next Ganyu re-run isn't for a while because I need to save like 80k primos between now and then to C6 that goat. That is unless they end up releasing a 5 star that out DPS's her before then, would love it if the electro buff rumors made Baal into a fun monster (And Keqing by proxy, pleeeease make her useful).

The brilliant thing about Ganyu is that her skill and burst are barely relevant to her damage. She's all about that normal attack talent, so the only constellation that is very important for her damage output is C1. Once you have C1, any further investment is almost pointless.

She managed to drop as the best DPS unit in the game and there was nothing important gated behind constellations.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Tarezax posted:

They are all scams and what's more could get your account banned.

Best case is Mihoyo takes back the bought crystals from your primogem stock (because the third party did a chargeback). Yes, this can leave you in the negatives.

Edit:

From my understanding, if MiHoYo gets a chargeback they put you in the negatives and give you 1 week to get it at or above 0. If it's still negative at the end of the week, your account gets banned.

All those 3rd party sites take your money and buy you primogems with stolen credit card info, which gets charged back within a day or two, and then you are out money and about to have your account banned, unless you spend a ton more (because you just spent all those primos on pixels)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

sushibandit posted:

It's a 3 minute timer before respawn (you can see this in your handbook by looking at the boss you just killed), but to trigger the respawn you have to be a certain distance away also, yeah.

I don't think this is right, I think it starts the timer from the moment you get close enough for them to spawn in, and it's 5 minutes.

If you go into the book and look them up you will see the countdown, and if you pull it up immediately after the boss is dead, you will see it's already probably about halfway through the countdown.

So if you are super slow at killing the boss it will feel like it respawns more quickly.