Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Buddy, literally every Negroni is 1oz vermouth, 1oz Campari, 1oz spirit.

negronialignmentchart.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I'd eat those biscuits.

:hai:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

goddamn

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

I haven't seen white mushrooms for less than usd $3.00 in at least ten years. :smith:

I was gonna say, good mushrooms here are like a dollar an ounce lol

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I've been making a lot of mujadara lately which requires a lot of carmelizing onions and its just such a chill activity. I tend to cook almost the second I walk in the door from work, so its a good wind up to everything else and gives me a chance to wander off and relax a little on my way to the part that requires effort. I just lolled at the idea of caramel on onions.

mujadara is great, yeah

I like it with sumac and a healthy scoop of yogurt, I usually put a little fried or pickled onion/shallot on top too

Hauki
May 11, 2010

therattle posted:

I use an Ottolenghi recipe that has an amazing vinegar chilli tomato sauce

nice, I’ll have to check that out

which book is it in?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

The Midniter posted:

Frankenstein's Muenster.

:hmmyes:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

you ate my cat posted:

Is the supply chain crisis making everyone's produce markedly worse, or do I need to switch grocery chains? I'm starting to get sick of wilted lettuce, rubbery broccoli, and citrus that barely lasts a week.

I dunno, but I've had way more poo poo spoiling on me than I ever remember before.

I tried a CSA that several people recommended here at one point, but they stopped delivering last winter, raised their prices and the quality got worse pretty much all at once so it was real easy to quit.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

the keller-esque method is p. good tho

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I’m vaguely curious to try it now, but I can get like 3-4 pints of Ben & Jerry’s or whatever else at the grocery for the same price, I feel like if I’m spending that I’d rather go somewhere local.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ben Nevis posted:

I've got a limited amount of Van Leeuwen. We really like their peanut butter brownie chip, but haven't got many repeats otherwise.

I’ve tried the earl grey and the pistachio, they were… fine, but yeah, I haven’t really gotten repeats either.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I order all my tea from Upton imports. They have a huge selection and it’s good tea imo.

Same

VelociBacon posted:

I have to assume that every main city is going to have some tea specialty places where you can get basically anything you want right? Like you aren't really limited to liptons in the states, just you have to go somewhere besides your supermarket to get the good stuff?

Not even that, I can at least find Yorkshire or Harney & Sons, etc. at plenty of national chains near me in a pinch. Lipton’s and Bigelow are practically the Nescafé of tea, maybe suitable in survival situations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

bratroller

Hauki
May 11, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Special ingredients that I save until they go bad is like my whole life

please don’t doxx me

Hauki
May 11, 2010

GateOfD posted:

is there a way to make brussel sprouts not taste so bitter?

or is that how its suppose to always taste

How are you prepping & cooking them?

Older sprouts will be more bitter, trim any loose leaves or try blanching them first. More salt or acid can help balance too.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

What's a nice brand of instant ramen?

I like shin black well enough, I usually top it with some fresh or sautéed veg and whatever protein, usually leftover roast chicken.

e: if you want to get fancier, the momofuku dry noods are also fine, I like mom’s dry noods and the laksa lamian or curry noods from prima taste.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 9, 2023

Hauki
May 11, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

momofuku noodles aren't nearly good enough to justify their obscene price tag

they’re almost $0.37 more per serving than shin black, truly obscene

Hauki
May 11, 2010

trizzNPH posted:

not so much about cooking, but just about food in general

does anyone else love siggis skyr?

i loving love siggis, my partner hates the smell and taste but i think it's one of the most delicious things ive ever had. am i going insane goons, or is this a sign of great taste?

I like it, but I’m pissed off because all the stores here went from carrying the 24oz tub for $6-7 to only stocking the 4oz cups for like $2.50 each and invariably a bunch of them have split or caved in tinfoil tops. The three groceries close to me that carry it will regularly not have any in the cooler that are still sealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

What the

This can’t be real can it

you callin’ Boudreaux a liar