Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Tiger King was released three years ago and you can't convince me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Mike Flynn is what you get when you stop being racist to the Irish

Cool, very cool.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Patware posted:

i don't live in upstate ny anymore but they will think things the opposite way of the city on purpose because almost the entire rest of the state has little man syndrome

Not without reason.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Best Friends posted:

Libs won't fight, while leftists are (generously) about 15% of the population and mostly unarmed. Conservatives are armed to the gills, have the cops on their side, and are all but begging for a chance to blow it all up. Arming up as a liberal or leftist for civil war 2 is at best useless imo.

Giving up seems like the best option, yeah.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

lightpole posted:

I don't give a poo poo abour fascists, just present some logical consistency. I will die on this hill.

They don't care. Introspection is not strong in this group. I've had this argument more times than I can count.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

E: nm

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Two things should happen on Inauguration Day. Biden should recall the VC-25(s) from Florida, and rescind the decision to change the paint scheme for the new aircraft.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Stravag posted:

Wait i missed AFOs were getting new paint. Was there a visualization published ever?

It's specifically for the new 747-8s the gov't will use to replace the current -200s. The current jets won't be repainted.

Edit: I hadn't seen that they'll be called VC-25B. I was wondering about that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I saw that a few days ago. I'm going to say anyone trying that with the E-4B or E-6 would get lit the gently caress up or at least stunned and tased very badly, right? Well unless it Demo Dick. :lol:

If the cops were aware, the intruders could and possibly would be shot. Fortunately the AF is somewhat better than the Navy at the first part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgC2BWWqdOc

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

"This one is already in a variation of the new AF1 livery, I don't see the issue."

Seriously, though, why in the hell is that plane stored with one engine? Did they get a chunk of money sending one to FedEx or whoever else at this point is still using RR-powered 757s? (American just dumped theirs, but United has some. Not sure if UPS' are RR or PW-powered.)

Also, if they were to put it in long-term storage, the desert is the place to do it, not Stewart, NY.

Engines are often leased. I don't understand it, but it's a thing. The engines might have been on different timelines for some reason, and since he didn't need this jet storage is actually a smart play.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

To answer the question, yes it is McNally.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I didn't realize that's where Allen West ended up.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fight on?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Pine Cone Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1337845862450466819?s=19

Look in the background. All gas no brakes made it on stage, I am both looking forward to and dreading his next video.

He's like an unknown Borat and I loving love it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Not quite that ( :( ) but apparently the FDA finally relaxed most of the restrictions on folks who were deployed in Europe over 1980-1996 (minus the UK) earlier this year:

https://www.fda.gov/media/124156/download

Haven't been able to donate for years even though I'm a universal donor since I spent a couple years in Germany as a kid in the late 80s.

Same, but UK. Hooray mad cow prions that may or not be present.

Edit: Cleveland Baseball Browns

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 14, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Coasterphreak posted:

It's putting ICP in charge of the magnets.

Well, I have a new favorite analogy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

No, you posting is loving exhausting dude.

There's an easy fix and it's absolutely worthwhile.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Cugel the Clever posted:

In space gay communist utopia everyone lives in a walkable neighborhood, can satisfy their daily necessities with a 15 minute walk, and safely and easily bike/bus/train anywhere else. Cars are used for fun on tracks, but are pretty rare outside of fulfilling freight/delivery needs and rich assholes collecting antiques.

Hell on Earth.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Someone who's uncomfortable with living around minorities and buys a house in a heavily subsidized suburb with no transport options is only "car dependent" because of choices they have made, and if they are priced out of driving their lifted pickup 30 miles each way to work because of policy changes ... too bad? Literally no one is talking about taking cars/trucks away from rural farmers, and it's also relatively insignificant compared to suburban commuter traffic.

Oh, everyone who disagrees with you is racist now.

Pull up, thread. We should have a dedicated rotating social reinvention thread for poo poo like this and bikechat.

Edit:

Eej posted:

Current Event: 56 year old man still hitting dingers

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1339759951955316737?s=19

:lol: That's better

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 18, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Are you arguing that white flight hasn't been a defining feature of US suburbanization since the 1950s, with a big chunk of public money paving the way for this process? Or that public transport infrastructure spending hasn't been racially motivated for decades? Or that most pickup trucks aren't purchased for showing off? Just to be clear what part you disagree with.

Just that you can't lump everyone you disagree with into one group of others. And that this thread is the place for your crusade.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I haven't been in one for a few years, but I always liked wandering around in those stores. :(

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

hannibal posted:

And due to institutional inertia, it will take more effort to change it to be anything else than to just keep it as-is.

I honestly expect a cyber force in a similar way in 5-10 years. Space was already it's own thing within the Air Force, the Space Force is mostly just Air Force Space Command carved off. The Cyber Mission Force is its own thing already in the same way. The bigger change to me in the space domain is the (re-)creation of USSPACECOM as its own authority.
The problem is that Space Force, if they're actually going to treat it as a separate branch and not something along the lines of a USAAC, is going to need a bunch of its own infrastructure stood up. Training pipelines and facilities...yes, some of that will be carved off the AF, but BMT for example won't be. It'll be duplicated. Same with training pipelines for poo poo that the AF isn't losing: personnelists, finance, etc. And of course we can't forget the staffs, which are, for the moment, billets pulled from the other services to avoid increasing the number of AD officer billets and specifically GO billets. Yet. That will change. And suddenly we'll have further duplication of effort with no tangible improvement in capability.

As I've said since the first time this came up, a COCOM was a good idea. I'm glad they implemented that. There IS a tangible improvement that will come along with that. But a separate branch? I don't see it. Not for the next couple of decades, at least.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

A plastic candle seems like a questionable choice, but I'll admit I'm not big into candle culture.

Open flames in space also seem questionable.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Defenestrategy posted:

What exactly is surprise billing?

Is it that bullshit where you pay your copay, the insurance pays whatever, and it's been like two months because of insurance paperwork and you end up getting billed a couple hundred bucks because insurance didn't cover everything?

Two months ago I received an $1800 bill for a procedure I had in Sept 2019.

The insurance company said they never received that one, so the hospital had to resubmit. I haven't heard anything since, so I hope it's taken care of. If not...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

I mean, the party of "Leopards Eating Your Faces" strikes again.

Also, all the armed militia fuckers have apparently fled under thread of arrest, after all, they have to hold down a job can't do that from a prison cell.

https://twitter.com/LauraJedeed/status/1341079906281635841?s=20

A loving excellent thread.

https://twitter.com/LauraJedeed/status/1341087577659461633?s=20

Edit: https://twitter.com/LauraJedeed/status/1341090331425529856?s=20
:lol:

Edit2: Oh poo poo, she's still livetweeting this.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 21, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Jaguars! posted:

Also hidden in the Covid Bill:
  • Annexation of Mars
  • 36m for the perverted arts
  • Standardization of the Hogshead through all states
  • Ban on Sex
  • Wu Tang secret

Honestly it wasn't until #4 that I figured it out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Frantically searching for Electoral College Landscaping

:lol:

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Mlillions have either taken massive pay cuts or lost a job and taken a much less well paying one.

But enough about 21st century job creation...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

They have parler now.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Patware posted:

parler's only pulling in people who have already taken the worm

I posit that further radicalization is possible beyond that point.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Sacrist65 posted:

Didnt it work during the last government shutdown?

It works every loving time, I think he's high.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I also use both. I've used USAA since I joined for banking and insurance, but my car loan and mortgage are with NFCU. And unless they change drastically, I'll probably never borrow anywhere else. I've never had to deal with car insurance issues, but I did have to replace a roof due to tornadoes once, and it couldn't have been easier.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also I love that Trump just keeps turbofucking Mitch.

Mitch is one of the few people in this country that's getting the opposite of turbofucked. Bernie can score all the zingers he wants, and while I love to see it, Mitch has loving won this round.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

Literally nothing.

It's a two-step process to chuck a state's electoral votes - first you need a House/Senate member to both sign the objection. That causes a maximum of 2-hours of debate, per objection. Then, you need both the House to vote to sustain the objection (majority vote) and the Senate to vote to sustain the objection (majority vote). If only one chamber votes to sustain and the other doesn't, the state governor-certified results (ie THE loving RESULTS) stand.

The House won't sustain the objection (Democrats control the chamber). The Senate won't sustain the objection (at the time, it will be a 51-48 Senate, and Sasse/McConnell/Murkowski/Collins/etc aren't going to vote to sustain).

Because the votes are preordained to fail, the numbers will look bigger than they are, as Republicans are more afraid of primaries than general elections lately.

Gonna be interesting when enough elected officials gently caress around because it's a sure thing, then we all find out.

orange juche posted:

so they think maybe the landlord or an affiliate lit the house on fire considering the pattern of harassment to residents? fucks sake

Also the accelerant found at the crime scene and the landlord's gloves.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Platystemon posted:

No good deed goes unpunished.

Look at the hell 9/11 responders went through.

A few are still going through it because they haven't died horrible deaths yet.