Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Moreau posted:

If I were Mojo, bringing in a special guest star to pump up the ratings would make a lot of sense. Also helps keep those pesky players distracted, and sticking to the drat script.
Honestly, you just cant get good X-Men for your shows, these days.

Glad I’m not the only deep cut nerd that thought of Mojo. I swear to God, if it’s fuckin’ Arcade...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Dude, people just washed their hands with dish soap in the ‘80s. They probably lingered because Covid messaging and stuff.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Justin Godscock posted:

In all seriousness, it's a bit of a bachelor thing to do if it's first thing you see at the sink.

I am being serious. I’m 40 and grew up washing my hands with dish soap. Completely loving normal. All you Millenniums grew under the corporate marketing lie that you have to have two whole separate liquid soaps on your counter.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Is Wanda's hallucination of seeing Fox-Verse Pietro as a bullet riddled corpse (as her 'real' brother was killed and this Pietro was not) prove that those macabre flashes are a complete figment of her imagination? She is straight up having a grief induced mental breakdown? Personally, I'm invested in this really being the Fox-Verse Pietro and hopefully stick around, so that's the crux of my argument. If I am correct, then her hallucination of Vision as a corpse was also purely psychological and that brings up some interesting questions. Did she steal another universe's Mind Stone to reanimate Vision? Is this even same Vision from the baseline MCU? In her absolute grief did she steal another universe's Vision (as she did Pietro) and that's why he doesn't know what an Avenger is?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Elephanthead posted:

How does Piedro know Vision is dead. Didn't he die first?

I am beginning to believe that Wanda's psychotic break is getting worse and she's using the people she is controlling to talk and argue with herself.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Ravel posted:

The aerospace engineer could be one of the existing secondary characters who have changed career. Kat Dennings' character didn't have a physics background the last time we saw her.

As someone said earlier, it's been more than a decade since her character was introduced in Thor as an intern. Her brush with superhuman hijinks could have caused her change her major and go into super-physics. A decade is plenty of time to get super good at something. As far as her hacking skills, hell, she could have been a script-kiddie when she was a teenager. You can do more than one thing.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I'm going to stake my claim on who the 'villain' is. There is no 'villain'. Wanda is doing all this, but not out of malice. Literally everything Wanda has ever love has been taken from her at no fault of her own. He parents, her homeland, her brother, and the love of her life. She's traumatized and doesn't know how to deal with her grief. She's having a break with reality that could be expected from anyone else with similar experiences. Unlike anyone else, though, Wanda basically has the power of the Gnostic Demiurge and her internal strife is manifesting itself around her in the real world. The resolution will happen when she comes to terms with the losses she has experienced, begins healing, and admits that she is responsible for unintentionally hurting others in her grief.

I think that is a much more real and relatable story than "the devil made me do it".

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

GigaPeon posted:

The clowning is 1000x times more disturbing than the snappening.

Agreed.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Lid posted:

David Cross as Thanos.

Chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot pie!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I just caught up with the thread, so here are some of my thoughts:

I can't believe how nobody has mentioned Kat Dennings some how made a full body velvet circus costume more revealing than a swimsuit.

I am going to toss out another possible villain behind the villain: The Enchantress, who is a classic Thor villain. Magic, mind control and illusion are her whole thing and, as some pointed out, the Evil Basement has Asgardian symbols.

Assuming that Evan Peters is playing Fox-verse Quicksilver, nobody has asked the most important question about that character: what cool pop song is going to play during the super-speed scene when he saves the town?.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Jedit posted:

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet but is worth speculating on:

Wanda's powers code to red and alter reality, while Vision's code to yellow and he can affect minds. Now we have Monica the astronaut with blue powers and Agnes with purple powers that manipulate other powers. Respectively they map perfectly to the Reality, Mind, Space and Power Stones. We also know Strange is coming, still with the powers related to the Time Stone. Which begs the question: where is the orange Soul Stone?

I just went back to look and the answer is the Evil Book in the Scary Basement. The energy mist emanating from the book is orange. Your observation about colors mapping to powers is very insightful.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

twistedmentat posted:

I was trying not to horny post but she looked deliciously thiccc in that outfit

I don't like to horny post, either but goddam, Kat Dennings has a big ol' donk. She's a talented actor with great comedic timing, more importantly. That makes me not a chud, right?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I must be the only person in the world who can’t stand Dennings. I don’t think she’s funny at all and her line delivery is always real sitcom-y.

Man, you're just a big mean jer...oh. Carry on.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Codependent Poster posted:

Paul Bettany needs to do more comedy. I can't believe that Vision is the funniest character on the show.

Paul Bettany is such a strange category of actor. He's a leading man/action hero/jacked proper Englishman all at once. He's either stabbing vampires or doing historical drama.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I'm going to be moderately controversial and say that I prefer experiencing the MCU in episodic form over films. These are comic books stories and they way they are told lends itself so much better to weekly releases. Each episode advances the plot while also ending on a cliffhanger or big reveal...just like a normal comic book run. I even prefer the episodic release schedule of The Mandalorian over the format of the movie. Star Wars was based on the early Republic Serials like Flash Gordan and Commando Cody. Again, the episodic storytelling format meshes really well with the vibe of Star Wars.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

swickles posted:

No reason not too. She is immensely talented and from the previous conversation, gives Kat Dennings a run for her money figure wise. She could, and should, still absolutely be a live action Squirrel Girl especially with a Ms. Marvel series coming soon.

Since I was the perpetrator of the ‘previous conversation, I will chime in and say Milana Vayntrub is an immense comedic talent. If you can track it down, I recommend watching the short lived, low budget sci-fi comedy webseries she was in, “Other Space”. She was a delight.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Barry Convex posted:

so the twins seem to be a central part of whatever Agatha's plan is, right? on top of their mysterious disappearance at the end of last episode, I looked back at episode 5 and she's around both times they age themselves up, first when she's trying to put them to sleep as babies, second after she brings over the doghouse for Sparky. They're also about to age themselves up a third time after she kills Sparky, though Wanda talks them out of doing it.

SWORD wants to weaponize a god-like android. Agatha wants to weaponize actual gods.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Klungar posted:

The third Tom Holland Spider-Man movie just got an official title of "Spider-Man: No Way Home" with this image:

(Note the numerous hexes throughout the image)

Huh, look at the branching lines coming off the hexagons. I wonder if that’s the visual representation they’ll use for mapping divergent universes.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Edmund Lava posted:

Mods ban this filth

Never forget.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Would Spider-Mans-Man be a body horror concept?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

seaborgium posted:

Those are literally chemicals. Peter makes his own webfluid, and chemistry is built on a ton of 6 membered rings. Pretty sure it's just to show it's sciencey rather than a reference to Wanda.

I thought that, too, but I would prefer it to be a Wanda reference. This is America and I have a right to impose my emotionally satisfying version of reality on you.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 24, 2021

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Sanguinia posted:

2) Most of us noticed that Agatha's house is surrounded by purple flowers, the same color as her magic. Wanda's house happens to be surrounded exclusively by red and pink flowers. And there is one other character who's been associated with flowers: Dottie Jones. This episode revealed that Dottie's flowers around her house are all Yellow. And it just so happens that in Marvel there is a blonde-haired female magic user with yellow-colored magic powers who's last name is Jones AND WHO'S HUSBAND'S NAME IS PHIL. That magic use is Arcana, member of the Squadron Supreme. Which by the by is a name that Marvel trademarked several months back on the sly and never made any announcements about

I just looked up Arcanna’s wikipedia. She has four dead children. Huh...”for the children”, indeed

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Klungar posted:

We already know Charlie Cox is showing up, why not Mike Colter too?

I get that reference.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Such a good episode. My only objection is the scene with Wanda and Vision sitting on her bed and talking about their feelings in comfy clothes is going to validate fanfic writers.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

stev posted:

The fanfic that Wanda and Vision were a couple...?

No that part. the part about superhumans sitting around crying about their feelings like it’s goddam Steven Universe

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

aBagorn posted:

wait why is this bad?

Because there’s no crying in baseball!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I was going to engage with this post in a serious manner but uh just lmao look at this dumb loving toxic rear end take

Still living up to your name. Ok, just we’re clear the only problem I have with Steven Universe is all the crying. All the LGTBQ themes I am copacetic with and support. I’m a grouch, not toxic. Jesus.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

My Face When posted:

Oof. Don't watch movies with me then. Every emotional scene since I watched some movie in 2009 has caused my waterworks to cry at EVERYTHING. Otters with their pups? Tears. Emotional moment in a movie i like? Done. Sad story about animals or kids. Grab me a napkin.

I guess my emotional damage makes me quite the pussy.

My emotional damage makes me a cardiac risk.

Crying is only acceptable at the funeral of a parent or child. Afterwards. In your car.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Gaz-L posted:

How is furlough suiting you, Mr Swanson?

Thank gently caress one of you ding dongs is finally getting the bit. It’s like pulling teeth.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Mooseontheloose posted:

I guess where I come in on the whole Wanda culpability thing is when she she envelopes the town in her grief after getting the deed from Vision, I interpreted it as her not knowing what's she is doing, getting consumed by her grief. I am not saying its right but it is relatable. Anyone whose experienced trauma emotional or otherwise connects to that because the whole world moves around you and stuck and sometimes you can't see what you are doing to other people.

The added wrinkle with Wanda is a bit of the Spider-Man curse or burden with her powers. she is super powerful but even with all those powers, people around her die and she can't keep anyone safe. Her life is literally a traumatic conga line or trying to fix her life only to be kicked in the teeth and she might think she is owed one by the universe.

I think with Wanda we’re getting into “your mental illness is not your fault but it is your responsibility” territory. It’s not Wanda fault that her life has been a poo poo show of loss and grief, but it is her responsibility to shut down the Hex Dome once she comes to her senses even a little bit.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I liked Helstrom.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

The_Doctor posted:

Merch is appearing.

I want Cataract/Spectral Vision to open is mouth and the voice of James Spader comes out. Then he laser beam eyes everybody in the room.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my god, cataracts are typically white. :doh:

If it makes you feel better, I was deep into my 30s before I figured out Namor is just Roman spelled backwards. Imperious Rex!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Sanguinia posted:

This belt contains all the powers of the 80's Super Group, Foreigner.

https://youtu.be/zvqWQI11wjY

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Wanda is Hot Blooded

Hayward is Cold as Ice

Hayward is playing Head Games.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Did the show end how I wanted it to end? No. Did it end good enough in context of the rest of the show? Not quite, but that’s MCU for you. Am I now fully invested to the internal emotional lives of Wanda and Vision? Hell yes.

If Wanda does become a Big Bad then I may be on her side. Well, not on her side, but very sympathetic.

Seeing Wanda’s Vision deescalate conflict with Cataract through dialogue, kindness, and earned trust was very on point for the character and I would love to see more conflict resolution like that in the MCU. Paul Bettany is great.

Now give me Dr. Doom.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Honestly Hayward's the most realistic part as being a ham-fisted authoritarian clown who is hosed the moment he starts really pissing off people more important than he is.

Yeah, Hayward is an alphabet agency director that wants his own pet WMD. Maybe not sophisticated but believable.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 6, 2021

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
We should all look directly into the camera and say “That’s Wanda!” as a response to her mind-loving an entire town.

Misunderstood hero? Tragic villain? “That’s Wanda!”

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

twistedmentat posted:

Wait, then why are they the bad guys?

The Flag Smashers want to tackle the problem of nationalism in the same way Frank Castle wants to tackle the problem of urban crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
We can’t really blame Bucky for the assassinations he was forced to commit, can we? He was captured by Hydra and put through years of medical experimentation and brainwashed. They would erase his memory and put him on ice for years at a time. He was a victim. He had no control of his actions.