Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DatonKallandor posted:

That's not a good thing though.

You come to the wrong place, pardner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ogre Magi owned and Orc were better overall if I remember right.

Is there a better video game sound than wc2 bloodlust.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nMW35hGtBU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

verbal enema posted:

Gonna be the first RTS I play in years

I just saw a video for a game that looks to be a combo of SC2 and WC3 and it was such a yawn compared to DORF.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Randalor posted:

Fingers crossed it has some for of singleplayer because I'm terrible at playing RTSs against humans.

Have to imagine they'd have a campaign - if they've put all this time and effort into making an RTS they must've seen that stat that like 70+ percent of RTS players never touch multiplayer. Pretty sure what doomed some of them in the recent past was the focus on multiplayer.

Mordja posted:

Think my favourite was the giant spikeball.

I liked that one unit was just the Ratte tank.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

Throwback shooters tend to have really good campaigns while a lot of rts games seem to be eschewing it for some reason in order to focus on ESPORTS which is a huge, huge mistake. I think every single competitively popular RTS has really well received single player. The Starcrafts, WC3, AoE, etc. It's a great way to build up an audience who're even interested in multiplayer in the first place

Watched a video awhile ago about this and they said something like 3/4s of RTS players never touch multiplayer.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

My brother and I each bought a copy of Rise of Legends the day it came out because we played an ungodly amount of Rise of Nations with our pals. We liked it well enough and it was an interesting game but I can see how it'd do a lot worse than Rise of Nations.

cuc posted:

Digging into the matter (including the forgotten Rise of Nations: Tactics)

No idea this existed and I'm bummed about the demise of Big Huge all over again.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 17, 2024

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Twerk from Home posted:

Same, I bought a physical boxed copy of Rise of Legends on release day but it never became a multiplayer favorite like Rise of Nations was permanently amongst my friends.

My favorite gaming memory was doing an FFA with two friends, eliminating one in a brutal late game where we got the Armageddon Clock to 1 before me and the guy I ended up eliminating researched Missile Shield, and then staging my army to invade my other friend when he typed "see you in hell bitches" and nuked himself.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The plot of SC2 is unforgivably bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Turning the Zerg into the Kroot was so funny it's like come on guys we already know this is Warhammer 40k.