Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Rest in piss, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

"This isn't Social Media- this is Trump Media"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm not counting Trump out until he leaves office. There is too much fuckery, and I don't think the stink of 2020 is washed off of the year yet.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

That military.com op-ed writer must be gunning for a spot at the washington post, because jesus christ

President Trump Must Act on Behalf of Robert Bales and Other Convicted Warfighters

Preemptive strikes that are one guy without the prior approval of their command, yep.

Yeah, I'm sure that loving 4 year old was an IED mastermind.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Ok, at this point, the timeline is becoming the Sideshow Bob stepping on a rake bit- it was funny at first, got tired, then got funny by going back to the same joke.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Uncle Billy, I know you’re busy right now, but please bless us with a victory in Georgia today, as mighty as your own victories in Georgia.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A pipe bomb- the standard size most people picture- just mentally default to a drag grenade ×2. An m67 is a kill/casualty radius of 5m/10m; a pipe bomb will typically have a 10m/20m radius. That's what I was taught to assume by bomb squad bullshit

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Legal Eagle is doing a video on this, and several lawyers have said it totally applies.

Legal Eagle has been getting visually tired of this bullshit.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This is the kinda situation men like William Pierce prayed for.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

There was a phrase we used back in 03/04 that applies here- "The dumb ones die early."

If it happens again, there is a greater chance of an organized response. This was a largely a spontaneous act, but it showed the weakness in defense.

PAVN commanders often had local PLF forces commit to ad hoc attacks or ambushes, because it sacrificed that unit, but acted as recce and gave away defensive elements. Not saying that is what this was, but if you don't think some people are viewing it that way.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nationalized MySpace.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Anyone know what's going down in the Q Canon during these fun times?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

https://youtu.be/H7Q9ZEdOLSE

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Where can I watch the Presidential Tantrum video?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'd would have bought him a beer already, but gently caress yes.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

And stole a helo and landed in Johnny Cash's yard to drop off a demo tape.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I was in FB jail, due to get out the 17th.
Got notice from FB, that as a part of election response, my restrictions will end on the 22nd.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

SchnorkIes posted:

It seems like if your force isn't able to automatically engage with lethal force at a predetermined range, regardless of whether the traitors are firing first/visibly armed/etc they're going to be overwhelmed by sheer numbers or else unwilling to shoot whites up close and personal, and either way it essentially ends up like 1/6 where the traitors can just kind of push past.

I would imagine much of the senior leadership would have real life experience of civil unrest in Iraq/AFG, and would dictate things accordingly. That could be completely wrong, but I know that a bunch of the dudes in the MD NG who in the Grey Riots had guys of that era who helped them understand what it's like on the ground.

I am probably too hopeful.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Those are Obama's Muslim Prayer Curtains.

Getting a Med Card in PA takes no time or effort. Quick phone appt, pay them their poo poo, wait for card, which takes 7-10.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Our latest zoo addition is a small black and white kitten my wife pulled from beneath her office floor. She had fallen down there and we couldn't reunite with Mom.

Which is how I ended up with a 3 week old kitten on top of a caring for a 11 week old puppy.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Bored As gently caress posted:

Please tell me they became buds and cuddle now.

Hank (Kitten) and Detective Tubbs Lumpkins, MD are friends. Hank is kinda confused- we have 3 other cats, and 3 dogs. She bounces between the cat gang and the dog crew. She comes when called like a dog, nests like a cat. Wrestles Tubbs, who is a little tank, and often has to be reminded that he cannot pick up Hank and carry her. He tries to carry her by her scruff, but he is so much bigger, 20% of the time he accidentally has her head in his maw. I love them both. They both cuddle with me, and it's fantastic to nap with them.

Hank also lets me hold her paw while she sleeps.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

mcnally please probe this man if he doesn't provide pictures within the next twenty minutes, tia

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJH6Gq4L_0F/?igshid=smehpf6v9f35

Best I can do with this app.

E- Hank also goes out and comes back with our puppers, and is currently shoulder cat.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

Impressive We also have three dogs and two cats. They also have their own couch

I was able to see and hear it from my house...which is impressive since I don't live in Arlington anymore and I was unable to hear or see the Fourth of July fireworks.

In short, it was pretty awesome.

Our total is 3 dogs, 4 cats, 2 finches (which one was mis-ID'd, and lays eggs once a month- none viable yet), 2 gerbils, a handful of fish, 4 Sugar Gliders, and a chipmunk who lives in the basement and steals from my daughter. I grew up with no pets, and having a houseful of love is great, and amazing for my mental health.

They are expensive, and time consuming.

E- not that it matters, but all except one is a rescue, because they rule.

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 21, 2021

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

To the surprise of absolutely no one-
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/21/958915267/nearly-one-in-five-defendants-in-capitol-riot-cases-served-in-the-military

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

I wonder how this compares to the population at the protest at large. 20% military seems a bit over representative of the right wing loony sphere. I mean, yea after watching this subforum for awhile and experiences with my brother after he got done, I get it, but you'd assume military dudes no matter how stupid have a grasp of "loving around/on/with government property will get you slapped by uncle sam"

20% seems like it might err a bit low- I would guess it was closer to 25, maybe even 30. The military is an MTOE of Mental Dysfunction and Idiocy. I've thrown dead batteries at a (suspected- I knew it wasn't) land mine, and I was the smart one in my section.

I can't speak for everyone, but when I was in, if you told us not to do something, we did it to see if we could get away with it anyway.

I'm shocked there wasn't some dickhead in Marine Blues storming right there.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

PookBear posted:

thats because no marine vet can fit his dress blues

I didn't mean a Vet.
I meant a Boot.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cry me a loving river, Dipshit Guardsman.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Hekk posted:

Yeah, I don't want to turn this into a contest of "who suffered more" but literally every single guardsman has spent time in shittier situations than being relegated to a parking garage. At least they ain't sleeping in the field.

Same. Without any sort of dick waving, I can say that everybody has slept in worse places.

We all went to some sort of Basic.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Midjack posted:

In general the harder they try to sell it, the less likely it is to be true.

Real Gangstas don't flex much.

https://youtu.be/6IJCFc_qkHw

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Immanentized posted:

Lol remember when Trump and his buddies tried to get her to bang Kim Jong Un during one of those pointless "summits"?

Uh, no?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I somehow missed that.

The amount of insanity that happened with regularity...

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Now that he can't actively kill us all at will, the insanity of the early days of Trump somehow feel like cheeky fun shenanigans compared to what came.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Can someone explain to me (preferably with crayons) this Game stop nonsense? You all are saying words I know, but not in that order.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

GK is the most accurate depiction of the Invasion I've seen. At least for my experiences. There are moments that almost mirror moments I have, and it's the only thing I can really show people to give them an understanding of my experiences.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Her best role was as the Grandma in Malcolm in the Middle.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A Bad Poster posted:

Name the fence after Trump.

Finally got his wall.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I think the last movie I saw in theaters was Endgame, and that makes me sad. That movie sucked, and I want to go back in time and watch a different one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wait- no, I saw Goonies at a drive in.

There was a theater not far that was renting out for private showings, but we could never get out schedules sorted enough to getting working, and I think they are all closed in my area.

I'd love to rent out a theater to watch Starship Troopers, since I never gor to see it in the theaters.