Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Curious if this is filled up or if you can add in another GM before Round 1 ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I considered Harden at 2 overall.

After reading today's news I suppose it worked out, in terms of his usage?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

This Friday may conflict with a football draft for me unfortunately. And I'll be out of town camping most of next week.

I wasn't anticipating the draft to be this early, so if everyone else is keen to make picks before mid-September then I'll hand my spot over or prepare an auto-draft ranking.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

It doesn't have to be this early we can wait. It basically ends up spread over around a month.

Ohhh it isn't a live draft. In that case sure, start it whenever you'd like.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gonna be bouncing between campsites and AirBnBs so yeah some days I'll have limited network access. Back on the 14th though.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

Okay, I think I fixed it. Or was able to manipulate it into something that was fair.

Basically only y'all are picking round 1 and round 2, then it starts with Dejan on round 3 which you don't pick in (although it's technically round 2). Then you finish round 4 (technically round 3)

Then from there the draft just takes on its normal snaking.

Oh I was wondering why my emails suggested it had started and restarted. Thanks for clarifying.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

It wouldn't be basketball without the commissioner stepping in and saying "haha nope, rejected, try again everyone".

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Seems good.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Lol so I misclicked and wanted Westbrook

Rick you able to make that fix before next pick goes up?

Edit: or is there a tool to make the swap myself, I just spaced out after clicking a LAL player I had starred, sigh

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

Done--I think you can hit undo on draft results pages as well until the next person drafts. I don't 100% know for sure since I can't look at it like a non-admin but people refund their picks without me somehow.

Gotcha, & graçias!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Didn't manage to get Lowry, so I figured I'd change my team name to something more thematically appropriate. Decided to honor Kyle Anderson's Slow Break.

Also I found this and it's amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGJhj2IE8i4

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I considered Simmons as an alternative to Paul since both could put up great numbers but had their respective issues that could mean them missing games.

The "Ben won't report" coverage was the deciding factor, just another layer of uncertainty. Won't be surprised if he is a standout for whoever drafted him though.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Aw dangit, that coulda been some fun haggling

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

A ton of my remaining board got snapped up, so I figured boom or bust!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

When the draft winds up will it go to waivers for a bit, or straight into FA?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Jeez, my list of bookmarked players has been absolutely decimated these past two rounds. Time to scout anew, hah.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

What advantages do divisions offer btw? Would it end up scheduling 2x in-division and 1x cross-division to get to 19 match-ups?

If a dummy team is needed, you could hold an "expansion draft" and each of us can protect 6-7 players on our current rosters, and give it waiver priority for the first week. Help make it somewhat competitive so schedule imbalance is less of an issue?

I could assist with the work of creating/managing a dummy team if that's helpful Rick. Thanks again for all the organizing you do for this league. :yaycat:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

For some reason despite letting me to allow the dumbest poo poo to be scored, Fleaflicker is very light on playoff rules.

These are my current options note that I can't change first round bye or playoff weeks:

Hold a Playoff Tournament
Yes
No
Number of Teams That Make the Playoffs

Championship Week
17 Mon 2/7-Sun 2/13
18 Mon 2/14-Sun 2/20
19 Mon 2/21-Sun 2/27
20 Mon 2/28-Sun 3/6
21 Mon 3/7-Sun 3/13
22 Mon 3/14-Sun 3/20
23 Mon 3/21-Sun 3/27
24 Mon 3/28-Sun 4/3
25 Mon 4/4-Sun 4/10
Re-Seed After Each Round
Yes
No
1st Rd Byes
Playoff Weeks
22 - 25

I assume that changing the # of playoff teams will automatically adjust the # byes and # of playoff weeks?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hey all

After looking at the discussion here, the poll results, and some back-and-forth with Rick, the league was slightly modified schedule-wise.

A dummy team has been added to avoid bye weeks. All 14 teams are in a single division and the regular season will consist of a round-robin which lasts 13 weeks.

The "Play vs Weekly League Median Score" option is active. This means that each week the top 7 scores will earn a bonus win in the standings. So be sure to set your optimal line-up even when you're up against The Washington Generals.

After Week 13 we'll be switching to a custom schedule loosely based on a 13*-team double-elimination bracket. There will also be consolation brackets so that all 13 of us can have match-ups through the final week(s) of play.

(* - if some GMs are no longer able/willing to manage their teams come mid-January, this number can be reduced accordingly)

As we approach the playoffs I'll share the bracket in this thread, and manually enter the weekly match-ups into Fleaflicker.

Good luck everyone! :swish:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

Lmao I love the lineup of the generals.

:wotwot:

I just kept scrolling through FAs and selected names I recognized. FWIW I'll drop a player if a team picks them up during the season.

To echo what Rick said, customizing the league schedule is a really nice perk on this site. I love creating league and tourney structures IRL but haven't been able to do so since early 2020, so helping out with this is a fun alternative. :sax:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Quoting this cause drat I hadn't noticed the links to the SA PM and Fleaflicker team pages. Awesome stuff Rivetz, ty.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

Bradley Beal continuing his tradition of being DTD every single game.

Speaking of injuries, I noticed that Dejan and Deimos have multiple "Out" players in their starting lineups and have not posted in here nor made a roster move for 2+ weeks.

Gonna send them a PM here and via Fleaflicker as a heads-up.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hmm, I can't find these week-in-progress standings on the app. In case anyone is app-only and was unaware, each week there will be bonus wins given to the 7 teams that score more than the median.

It's going to be a photo finish!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I wanted Giddey too and just missed out on him. Dort is thus far making me not very giddy!

My shift to young players was pretty much a reaction to y'all consistently snapping up "sleepers" I had bookmarked early on. Def a boom/bust approach, so we'll see how the volatility shakes out in the weeks to come.

Oh and Rick I figured median was fine since it would give 7W and 7L per week, whereas average could vary. I'm fine with changing it if there's a strong interest in it.

The Grit 'n Grind Generals would drag the avg score down by about 80-100pts, so I'd expect 8-9 wins to be awarded. For this week, median is at 1161 (for now) and average is around 1077.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Chronicles posted:

Also, if even half of your young guys keep producing you’ve got a hell of a squad kalensc

Thanks! Fairly certain I got some outlier performances in the first week though, and I feel like my roster had more GP than most?

Unsure how I can find a simple total of my entire rosters' stats though. Prob something I'll have to dig out via desktop.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

It's extremely hosed up I had to drop a player I wanted in Monk to even have a chance at the median last week because of how useless Beal has been and now someone else gets the benefit.

Well you've sniped like 4 players I had eyes on since the season started, if that evens things out :confuoot:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Agree with the last few posters. 7/week seems like a fine compromise for now, see how it shakes out.

This morning was the first time I've ever seen a "lock" symbol next to a player. It had usually been "Claim (Day)". I guess it'll update tomorrow?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

Ew so instead of putting players on waivers it is just locking them all together on their game days? That is . .. much worse. I assumed it would allow players to more easily be added if they weren't rostered.

E: Interesting, so you can't add a player once they start playing, but you can add them for the next day if they aren't rostered, whereas before it put them on 24 hour waivers. So at least that part is working as expected. But it's worse overall if it makes it harder to add players overall.

My goal is to make it so you don't have to be up at 5:00 AM pacific to add players.

Maybe it was a weird bug that only occurred in the hours after you changed the settings. It was just something I noticed when I checked my roster and best FAs this morning.

Right now it looks "normal", all adds and Claim Fri.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Aw hell now Poeltl? Lol oh well, guess it's better to have all the DNP/OUTs in the same week than staggered over a month.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

Maybe it's just buggy. It just let me add a player and then drop them the same day which isn't supposed to be possible. Ah but they don't have a game scheduled today yet so perhaps that is why.

And now your nefarious scheme to deny us all Damion Lee for 48 more hours is complete!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Covid cases are ramping up throughout the NBA, NFL, & NHL. Perhaps we should make dropped players available after 24 hours instead of 48? Between 7/week transactions and roster limits per position, the options for emergency pick-ups are already quite constrained.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Now I'm just confused by the availability range haha. Uncertain what makes Caruso and Mann be locked, nor do I know when on Thurs Caldwell-Pope will be available.

Bummer that the site doesn't seem to specify if an absence is covid-related. A bonus IR spot reserved for covid cases would have been nice.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

So Kale I think the explanation for the lock is, on the previous "all players are locked at game start" the waiver processing was happening a few hours earlier. You can add players between midnight and 3:00 AM whereas you could not before.

I'm sorry I'm to blame for this I've hurt a friend.

Actually I noticed earlier today that the browser version has a pop-up over the lock which said something like "Processing waiver claims. If none then player can be added in 11 minutes".

Which would fit with the erratic nature of when I do/don't see lock icons appear.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

I feel bad because CreamedCorn should have at least one win considering they are averaging 100 points more than me and yet.

E: oh I have that backwards, 100 more points have been scored against them on average. That's still pretty unlucky.

Is CC still active? They left multiple players with games on the bench a few times last week.

Chronicles has some impressive results; #1 in PA and yet they've earned a 5-1 record.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

creamcorn posted:

my brain is hosed up rn (can't get my adhd meds refilled and i'm sad), is there a way i can like automate having people play who are up or set stuff in advance rn? my current move has been waking up after games have already started.

Ah poo poo man I'm sorry, have been in similar places before with certain meds.

Your team can be set many days in advance, although as was mentioned players going on/off IR can have a domino effect on future dates so unfortunately you can't necessarily "set it and forget".

I can help by checkin your roster and moving benched players into starting roles when something seems amiss. Also feel free to reach out if you ever want to chat or vent about stuff, fantasy hoops or otherwise. :yayclod:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Man what the hell, I was certain I'd set my whole week properly and then oops Connaughton and Sengun were benched for no reason. Missed out on over 140 pts this week from that sort of thing.

Add on Giannis being injured and me not seeing the news til it was too late, and I'll be lucky to scrape over the median this week.

Ah well, tis a long season.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

This isn't limited to Lothlorien, but the other NBA/NHL fantasy leagues I'm in don't have a thread like this one so:

I'm mildly annoyed that a player can finish their game, and hours later I still cannot drop them to pick up someone else. You're at the mercy of the league schedule, and hoping that when a particular player becoming available/active/healed/etc it coincides with your 12th/13th-best player not being "Locked".

Blah.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

It's definitely annoying. This is actually one thing that ESPN is better at, is that once the first game starts, all add/remove actions are considered to be on tomorrow's roster. Well except for the part where if a player is announced hurt two hours before an east coast evening game on a Sunday you can't get a player to replace them because there was a game at noon.

Yeah, that's what I thought Fleaflicker did initially. When you adjusted the settings regarding # weekly adds and waiver times in Week 2, did that affect this aspect as well?

Anyways, it's a very minor gripe, when compared to my Yahoo NHL league. Every transaction is pushed to the following day, with days changing around 3 or 4AM I guess.

So today, Wednesday morning at 6AM, I could try to pickup a freely available (not on waivers) player, BUT they'd only be added to my roster on Thursday morning. You need to be fuckin Nostradamus when it comes to starting line-ups and late scratches due to lingering injuries.

And now Ottawa has suspended all team activities for a week due to a covid outbreak, and not only did I lose a bunch of games stats-wise but I can't even replace them due to a lack of IR~(Capitalists Are Pretending We're Less Than Halfway Through A Goddamn Pandemic) spots.

The above was so ridiculous that I could only chuckle and think "Look how they massacred my rook" when the Mobley injury news came out.

Anyways....most of y'all have turkey weekend coming up. Are you able to celebrate remotely, or will you be rolling the dice on travel and family gatherings?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

I definitely think it might be the waiver thing. It seems to have pushed the problems I always dealt with trying to adjust my roster in the dead of night into east coast morning instead. I can undo it. We would lose being able to add people same day but it doesn’t seem like anyone is doing that anyway (although people ARE using waivers now which is interesting).

I hope everyone is being safe out there when you bring up travel. I know family is a different priority for most than me.

I prefer to spend Thanksgiving alone. I got a Turkey breast to cook in the instant pot since that was like the one of the few successes I have had in the contraption. Then I will go out into the woods on Friday or Saturday for the day.

Pre-pandemic I had planned on picking up the ultimate irony-posting tradition of going to a truck stop to pick up to-go food from a buffet and then head out to the woods then, but still not going to do it this year. Maybe next year.

I think it's okay as is, just had an adjustment period. Seems like an okay trade-off for those who want to stream.

I def can see same-day drops/adds occurring when folks go from questionable to out, or if there's a late push to beat the median, etc.

Rick, please tell me it's a good buffet. Chillin solo is pretty neat though, I did the same for Canadian Turkey weekend. Even with my respirator I won't be doing indoor gatherings of any kind for a while yet.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I haven't connected the dots yet but something quirky can happen if you set your roster several days in advance, but then complete a roster transaction or move a player on/off IR in the interim.

Although I do use both the app and the website so maybe I'm just creating my own issues when both are open.