Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

BigBadSteve posted:

Nick/post combo.

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat
Oct 16, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

Thank you for everything you are doing Jeffery.

Robot Made of Meat
Oct 16, 2015

Hot Stunt posted:

In terms of making more money I think it would be cool if you could make it so if you pay $10 you get :10bux: under your avatar and you can do it as many times as you want. It would help wealthier forum members stand out because at the moment they look just like poor forum members.

Umm. Are you 3O?

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 30, 2021

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bilirubin posted:

bring back photoshop phriday

Seriously. Everyone misses it, why not do it?

Not only bring it back, but have goons get twitter accounts and tweet the images after they've been watermarked, free advertising that the forums are still kicking.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Does anyone have either of these saved locally and is willing to post them in a pastebin somewhere? Userstyles is having some issues.

EDIT: I finally got these to load. For those that are wanting either of these I uploaded them to pastebin for you to add manually until Userstyles unfucks itself:

SA Wronger: https://pastebin.com/hqVKv2LS
SA Dark Theme: https://pastebin.com/2bKRNMWd

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 30, 2021

astral
Apr 26, 2004

In the next couple of weeks I'll make some more tweaks to my edit of SA Wronger and set up a thread + public github repository where people can contribute changes/fixes/tweaks/ideas; if all goes well, the result would become the 'official' dark mode style integrated into the forums proper as a user option.

Perhaps we will also be able to solve the mystery of who "The17" is. It'll be a fun thread.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Do you have a thread for this? I have noticed an issue and would like to contribute, with out making GBS threads up this thread with OT posting?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
For those posting via awful.app the theme can be set to YOSPOS which a) owns and 2) is green on black in the manner of an 80s 40 column crt

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Amberpos makes my avatar look real nice

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Slippery posted:

For those posting via awful.app the theme can be set to YOSPOS which a) owns and 2) is green on black in the manner of an 80s 40 column crt

that sucks, is there anyway to get it to use the correct amber color?

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
i've refused to re-reg for years and give that chode any more money, but this transparency post alone just drove me to buy a D-LUXE account instead of just lurking. you're a good man, jeffrey yospos

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Uncle Enzo posted:

Some front page listicles that are just reformatted megathread OP's would go million miles. I check SA before making major purchases.

Picking a guitar
Car buying
Salary negotiation (goons have invented a complete nomenclature and game theory about these. See BATNA)
Lifting weights

Goons are good at coming up with simple, strong strategies with broad applications. That's a lot of value to offer the world. Review sites are G A R B A G E. The much-maligned goon hivemind is worth 100x what it's competition is.

Where’s the salary one?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

gently caress SNEEP posted:

awful for android can

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Storing payment info is a :can: in that there are all sorts of Very Serious Security Requirements to taking credit card payments, and some of them are easily sidestepped by not storing any sort of payment information. This is not just me being paranoid, but would also represent new costs as there is separation required from the rest of the servers. Maybe making browser autocomplete work with our form would be a good step? Then you could save payment info in your browser and use it on the site more easily, without adding the burden of securely storing payment info to our backend.

I know I'm reaching back on this, but how hard is it to not take credit card information directly but rather strictly rely on stuff like PayPal, GPay, Apple Pay, etc? Is that even possible?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Oh, absolutely! First, take a standardized IQ test and score at least 2 standard deviations below the median. Then,

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

AdmiralViscen posted:

Where’s the salary one?

Negotiation Thread: never say a number. jfc

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Klyith posted:

but you can install phone apps, which are better ways to read the forums on a phone than using a browser to look at 21 year old forum with no mobile theme
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571717
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837546

(and both of which have dark modes)

Grrrrrrr.... I guess this will be the thing that will force me to install an app for SA.

I have a icon for SA in the iPhone desktop, by installing it has a "PWA" application, but a proper app would be better, I guess.

May uninstall if everything UI is giganteous and I only a few lines of text fit on the screen. Old people like me are weird.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The app is the best way to view the forums if you don't have a computer to use.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Heath posted:

The app is the best way to view the forums if you don't have a computer to use.

absolutely

I was a long time browser on phone person, but once I switched to the app and got used to it and tweaked it how I want, holy poo poo is it better

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Tei posted:

Grrrrrrr.... I guess this will be the thing that will force me to install an app for SA.

I have a icon for SA in the iPhone desktop, by installing it has a "PWA" application, but a proper app would be better, I guess.

May uninstall if everything UI is giganteous and I only a few lines of text fit on the screen. Old people like me are weird.

The Awful apps are p good to be honest. I have it on both my person phone (Android) and my work phone (iPhone). I definitely prefer the Android version though, if I'm being honest.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The forums seriously has needed a little icon that pops up in the corner whenever you’re quoted that will bring you to the quoted post. That will spur a lot of engagement, which means more active and retained users, which means traffic, which means more revenue for the servers and stuff. Why not done???

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Harness the block chain. AwfulCoin is just around the corner to allow posters to poo poo post, change avatars, and red text in a completely poster to poster decentralized way that ensures complete anonymity in a user interfacing environment

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

AHH F/UGH posted:

The forums seriously has needed a little icon that pops up in the corner whenever you’re quoted that will bring you to the quoted post. That will spur a lot of engagement, which means more active and retained users, which means traffic, which means more revenue for the servers and stuff. Why not done???

+Notification every time a user gets added to an ignore list. Black Mirror engagement, let's go.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

BubbaGrace posted:

Does anyone have either of these saved locally and is willing to post them in a pastebin somewhere? Userstyles is having some issues.

EDIT: I finally got these to load. For those that are wanting either of these I uploaded them to pastebin for you to add manually until Userstyles unfucks itself:

SA Wronger: https://pastebin.com/hqVKv2LS
SA Dark Theme: https://pastebin.com/2bKRNMWd

userstyles is completely not maintained so somebody created a site that scrapes it and it’s way more reliable

https://33kk.github.io/uso-archive/

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Grump posted:

userstyles is completely not maintained so somebody created a site that scrapes it and it’s way more reliable

https://33kk.github.io/uso-archive/

Weird. When I just looked at it, the site design was completely different than any previous time I've visited it. It also was branded as Stylish, with the same logo as the browser extension

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

BubbaGrace posted:

Weird. When I just looked at it, the site design was completely different than any previous time I've visited it. It also was branded as Stylish, with the same logo as the browser extension

Stylish and userstyles.org got taken over by a for-profit web analytics company that only cares about data collection. Use stylus instead.

(Getting styles from userstyles is still ok, if the site is working at the time. But the extensions is tracking & reporting every site you go to.)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Klyith posted:

Stylish and userstyles.org got taken over by a for-profit web analytics company that only cares about data collection. Use stylus instead.

(Getting styles from userstyles is still ok, if the site is working at the time. But the extensions is tracking & reporting every site you go to.)

Just like every other thing you install on your devices.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

AHH F/UGH posted:

Agreed, I would like a pop up notification every time AHH F/UGH is quoted.

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

im saint germain posted:

i've refused to re-reg for years and give that chode any more money, but this transparency post alone just drove me to buy a D-LUXE account instead of just lurking. you're a good man, jeffrey yospos

Welcome back. You hosed up by not getting an av though

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
I just wanted to say this person's permaban reason made me laugh

Hi LWB posted:

A mumble rap-hero game

some real criminal mastermind action there lol

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Slippery posted:

I just wanted to say this person's permaban reason made me laugh

some real criminal mastermind action there lol

:hmbol:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I would like to congratulate Skyl3lazer for spending the most the first month - he will get to permaban lowtax!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hey don't blame me

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Sarah Problem posted:

Welcome back. You hosed up by not getting an av though

But now he gets to give Jeffrey even more money to fix that!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Read up to page 10, already voted 5, would also throw some buck on a patreon.

One thing I want to bring up, some of the user profile options are superfluous now. Who even uses ICQ anymore? Can you actually use yahoo or AOL instant messenger, I thought they had shut down? This is surely fairly low on the list of stuff to do, but a small overhaul of user profiles wouldn't hurt.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AHH F/UGH posted:

I would pay $5 for this feature

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Torrannor posted:

Read up to page 10, already voted 5, would also throw some buck on a patreon.

One thing I want to bring up, some of the user profile options are superfluous now. Who even uses ICQ anymore? Can you actually use yahoo or AOL instant messenger, I thought they had shut down? This is surely fairly low on the list of stuff to do, but a small overhaul of user profiles wouldn't hurt.

ICQ is still the primary way goons communicate. Weren't you invited to the group chat?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Please do not do anything that would remove anyone's ICQ number from their page.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Preserve them as 'Legacy IDs' underneath the modern list of social media links

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Please do not do anything that would remove anyone's ICQ number from their page.

Yeah the ICQ field is used by a lot of 3rd party auth stuff