Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

There was a wrassler named Rikishi and his trademark move was to force his opponent to motorboat his huge rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm Val Venis.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chief McHeath posted:

I'm Val Venis.

Actually I'm not Val Venis.

https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/1348650613366616065

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lol scrolling through Val Venis's feed, he believes that when he sends an email, it is "no longer in his possession" so he has to use #cryptography for his #digiassets.

They call it a "Sent Items" folder you loving president.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Also he's big into weed, and weed is good, as such, Val Venis is a person of contrasts.

But he posts photoshops of Obama holding weed cigars, and Obama is bad, but weed cigars are good, but Obama smoking weed is very bad, so I have come to the conclusion that Val Venis, the person of contrasts, is not working with a complete toolbox.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

wonder if working in the era of Peak Chairshot contributed

He probably smells what The Rock is cooking, which is a combination of burnt toast and almonds. Which, now that you mention it, what time is the treehouse?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

FullLeatherJacket posted:

his (first) book is really good if you can get a hold of it, particularly for a legitimately self-written autobiography by someone who had to retire in 2000 after getting smashed in the head professionally until he couldn't remember things any more

Any second hand bookstore like Half Price Books is going to have a copy. They probably have like 100 in the back because that thing sold so many copies.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

*extremely Razor Ramon voice*

ayo

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Papa Shango was not the only racist caricature that wrestler wrestled as, behold, The Godfather:

E: beat pretty good but mine has a picture.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

In the late 90's/early aughts, the pro wrestling rumors and news website was big business. Some of the sites are still around, like WrestleZone.com, WrestlingRumors.net, Rajah.com. Of course there are guys like Dave Meltzer at the Wrestling Observer who have actual connections in the business as far as agents, wrestlers, executives, etc. but this was a different thing all together. These wrestling proto-blogs were all over the place, often hosted on subdomains like HyperStreet or VirtualAve, usually by people in their teens or twenties, so you had plenty of places like "wrestlingnewsroundup.virtualave.net" or something like that. Stealing "news" and "rumors" from each other, some stolen from the legit newsletters and reporters, some surely made out of whole cloth. The "reporters" would "work" for different sites using different names to avoid being detected. Like if part of Meltzer's newsletter leaked to one site, every other site would post it saying they had this breaking news first. Sites would merge and take a new domain, or there'd be a fight over which domain they would use, sites would rent out URLs and hosting - you too can have a powerbomb.com/yoursite address! It was serious business. There were people that specialized in designing forums and graphics for these wrestling sites, for a fee of course.

An acquaintance of mine ran one of those sites, and sold the domain in 2004 or 2005 for $75,000.

edit: the domain sits idle, no content, wrestling or otherwise.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 19, 2021

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

wrestling sucks

Then go start your own not-wrestling thread, IDIOT.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

MakaVillian posted:

I had that ring, it was sweet.

Also holy poo poo I remember Adam Bomb

It definitely was sweet.

Going through an image search to try to remember some of the figures I had. Most or all of them had some signature move/feature and you just had to use your imagination for the rest. Just banging toy figures of beefy, sweaty men together.

Hulk Hogan who did a bear hug action.
Hulk Hogan who did a body slam.
Ultimate Warrior who also did a body slam.
Ultimate Warrior who had a spring action in his back/torso and he could actually jump off the turnbuckle!
Jake the Snake who had an arm that was completely straight, you could pull it back and punch a guy.
Randy Savage, you had to make this one jump on your own but the elbow cocked up and swung back for maximum Macho.
Ted DiBiase who had an arm bent 90 degrees that you could cock back and knock someone in the head with.
Demolition tag team, one did the bodyslam, the other had an arm you could wind back and the movement stopped right around groin level.
The Rockers, Michaels had the spring back and who the gently caress cares what Jannetty did.
The Bushwhackers who did their weird arm swinging thing.
Ravishing Rick Rude who had one arm to headlock you with and a swinging arm to bash your head in. Because of the position of the headlock arm, it made for some pretty devastating elbows as well.

I'm sure a handful of other jobber dudes or gimmicks that didn't go over as well.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 15, 2021

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

mallratcal posted:

I still have that ring, one of my all time favorite toys, as more than just wrestlers could settle their beef in it. G.I. Joes, Superheroes. Use of powers was a DQ though.

Oh hell yeah, had many TMNT vs. myriad enemies matches in there, too.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

FilthyImp posted:

The Toys that Made Us.

Great stuff, especially the He-Man episode

He blue, why they think he He-Man?

Also I thought his name was Fakor, not Faker. Bad name choice bro.

You could be Faker, the Fake He-Man, or Fakor, the clandestine He-Man that sneaks into Snake Mountain.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Eclipse12 posted:

New Raw Report tomorrow probably. Work's been busy but I start a vacation tomorrow:toot:

I want two
Or I'll suplex you

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Really hoping for a Bam Bam/Tatanka/Luger three way match as a result of the draw.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Check this out.

What if instead of WrestleMania,

it was PretzelMania.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6! 6 Doinks! ha ha ha ha ha

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Bonzo posted:

It really shocks me that Vince never got into the cereal business. Like, Hogan's CerealMainia or Ultimate Warrior-Os with little pink Hart shaped marshmallows.

"Send in 12 boxtops plus $14.95 shipping and handling to get your own Jimmy Hart megaphone!"

God damnit you rear end in a top hat, Ultimate WarriO's was right there.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

That's weird my name's Bugg Bafwell.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Eclipse12 posted:

Raw Report tomorrow. It's a quiz. Winner gets a mystery prize.

I got the key to the test and the answers are:

Isaac Yankem
Lord Humongous
The Roadie
The Mountie
The Yeti
Dink
Doink

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Eclipse12 posted:

Question 20: What happens when you call to get tickets to next week's Raw?
a)Not in service
b)Sex line for perverts
c)Redirects to a promo message for the modern day WWE
d)Some dude's voicemail < It's like Kevin or Larry or something, I don't remember, because I was kinda surprised when the voicemail message started playing

*in extremely Mike Jones voice*

two oh three
three five two
eight six nine two
that's my cell phone number
give me one call or a few

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf1OFUTlwY4

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Tiny Alan, The Flying Miracle

I wanna see this man wrestle.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Flair must have been hanging out with and learning from Nooner, to be able to execute such a powerful self-suck maneuver.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/11/24/wwe-seth-rollins-tackled-mh-orig.cnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It's Wednesday night, and you know what that means!

Service at 5:30 then Bible Study from 6:30-7 and Fellowship (drinks and light snacks provided) until 7:30.

At least that's what it should mean you filthy heathens, watching your sweaty, oily, tattooed men fight.