Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love Mass Effect except I've only played 1 and 2 and only once each and I hated the inventory management and sometimes it felt like a chore to play and not all the powers seemed interesting and maybe I don't like this series all that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Really happy I bought a new SSD recently because 100 GB for this is bananas.

For once I am going to play manshep (almost always play as women, when available) and make it look like me as I finally play a Renegade through all three games.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

axeil posted:

As someone who only ever played Soldier I'm thinking of doing the following for each game so I can get a feel for all the classes. Can anyone tell me if this is the optimal way to distribute stuff?

1) Adept
2) Vanguard (ME2 is the Always Be Charging game right?)
3) Infiltrator? Sentinel? Engineer? (Not sure here)

Sounds decent. I always play Adept because I prefer loads of magic ragdolls in my shootymans game but this time I'm gonna do something different...

...maybe

probably not.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ditched my plan, playing FemShep again and going full military rear end in a top hat gently caress you if you don't follow my orders I swear to god Ashley if you get any more racist I'm throwing you out the airlock.

He face is great because she always looks fed up with everyone.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Super cool of them to leave in the very high-pitched element when using the menu.

I can only play for an hour or so before getting a headache.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

fadam posted:

gently caress, I somehow put a point into Charm even though I want to go full Intimidate. Is there any respec in ME1?

Not without cheating.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goooooooood I am having such a hard time not taking Tali with me in ME1.

She's the most interesting and well-designed companion but I've seen her whole story already.

Ashley is a bigot and will be ignored, I've seen all of Wrex before, Kaiden is a bore...

I guess it's Garrus again and... the Asura.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So, I don't really remember what carries over.

I'm playing through the series straight with the intention of having one Shep the whole time.

I just kinda hate ME1. I think the only reason I spent so .much time with it before was because I was 18 and had very few obligations.
Can I just blast through the main storyline?

I don't want to miss any tasty bits that'll carry over but I also don't have the patience for this.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sombrerotron posted:

Well you're out of luck then, because if you don't find all the artefacts and such on the heightmap planets then in ME3 you won't be able to give all the data to Conrad Verner so he can collate them and reward you with 5(!) points' worth of galactic war assets!

I've never played ME3 so I assume this is sarcasm and that's an inconsequential reward?

I looooooove ME2 and just want to get there as fast as possible. The one time I played through, I really hosed up the relationship with Jack and still regret it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just wish that in ME1 the rear end in a top hat dialog options weren't so often xenophobic.

My Shepard is a violent psychopath but she's not a racist.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ME2

is getting Legion early worth it? I heard you have to essentially sacrifice people for it somehow but I want him for Tali's mission, if possible.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hmm, sounds like a hassle.
I've completed ME2 once before, way back when, so maybe I'll just look it up on YouTube.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Blue Raider posted:

I forgot how wordy 1 was. You can see the old school RPG design showing when you make it to the Citadel for the first time an hour in and have to wade through a bunch conversations about politics and corruption and such.

Oh yeah. You can spend the first 4 hours or so there and it really drags.
2 is much more punchy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My mind perfectly recalls all memories and it is tearing my family apart.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doctor Nutt posted:

Supposedly they worked all the little bonus dlcs into the game world proper, so now you gotta get out there into the big ol galaxy and find your dang blood dragon armor

Just got to Omega first thing. Check all three merchants and make sure to charm/intimidate them first.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kaddish posted:

I haven't had that one but I've had a bug several times now where I either can't interact with anything or can't move.

Love the bug where I cast an ability and then can't shoot for 30 seconds!!!!!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cross-Section posted:

It’s more like 2 or 3 but yeeeeah that one’s annoying af

It's was so bad for me in ME1 that I had to reload a half-dozen times. Like I'd cast Warp as an opening move and not be able to do anything else for the rest of the fight.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Simone Magus posted:

They've elevated the gunplay in 1 to the level of "vaguely enjoyable" which is a big improvement

I legit forgot it was supposed to be a cover shooter until 12 hours in.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Since I've committed to playing one Shep through all three games, I'm trying my best to document moments I find particularly funny or noteworthy.

This early shot perfectly sums up the, "Are you loving kidding me" attitude I've been going with so far.

In ME2, I made her hair more grey, cheeks are a little more sunken in and the face is a touch more arrogant. In 3, I intend to make her look old and haughty while using mega violence as a way of getting out of parking tickets.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Everyone, please go in the settings, turn music and effects to 60-75 and dialog to 100.

Trust me, it'll save you a lot of headache trying to pick out important info and/or turning on subtitles.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ethiser posted:

Always turn on subtitles in every video game. They should be on by default.

I don't because I can't help but read them and it takes away from seeing the scene.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

azflyboy posted:

In Mass Effect 1, is there a way to get the biotic powers to home on targets at all? I remember they do to some degree in ME2 and 3, but I keep having throw hit crates or walls and completely miss whatever I'm actually trying to hit.

Nope. You just have to accept that they are very powerful but situational powers.

Playing Vanguard in 2 and loving how intense it plays. Charge in, pray you don't get shredded and go ham while Garrus and Jack obliterate everyone on the periphery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Quote-Unquote posted:

Me too, except she is a huge jerk to anyone she isn't friends with, but never a racist. She also was nasty to Ashley because she's a racist and now Ashley is dead.

That's what I'm aiming for. I was trying my best to go full renegade no matter what but I've decided that she's a violent psychopath that is terrified of losing her crew friends.
Yeah, I'm gonna get some Paragon points but those represent the soft nougat at the center of the landmine.