Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nichael posted:

omg don't do this lmao

send it to innocence project delaware or something instead so we can work exonerate hunter biden

how about instead you give me back the extra $25 I paid to the innocence project so you'd get your law-school cred for it. :clint:

(I already said I'm not gonna self-harm; I'm sure the media tweets about it will be sufficient to sate my sadism.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

World War Mammories posted:

wasn't evolv a scam for special health water that that one webcomic guy "hapajap" in the old politoons thread shilled for

no idea. I didn't see anything in the brief searching I did, but who knows.

they HAVE been in trouble before: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-68547574 It seems like they did the AI version of when medical device manufacturers claim their devices are "FDA-approved" when all they did was submit a form to the FDA that says "our device doesn't really do anything so it can't harm you, please let us sell it."

quote:

The company had said that its AI weapons scanner had been tested by the UK Government's National Protective Security Authority (NPSA)

On 20 February the company put out a press release, including a claim that the NPSA was one of a number of testers who had "concluded that the Evolv Express solution was highly effective at detecting firearms and many other types of weapons".

But BBC News can reveal the NPSA does not do this type of testing.

When BBC News put this to Evolv, the company said: "After discussion with NPSA, we updated the language used in the February 20 press release to better reflect the process taken."

Instead, it said: an independent company had "tested and validated" Evolv's technology, using NPSA standards.

But the UK company that did this testing, Metrix NDT, told BBC News it was "not correct to say we 'validated' the system".

Metrix NDT managing director Nick Fox told BBC News that Evolv's system had indeed been tested against NPSA specifications.

But when asked if Metrix NDT had found it "highly effective at detecting firearms and many other types of weapons", he said: "It is not within our remit to pass any value judgements on the results."

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

jesus christ what is going on in this picture

I think they were trying to give him a blue highlight since that’s the color of the Democrat Party but they didn’t really think it through.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i am going to donate a warm wet kiss to the three presidents

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Nichael posted:

jesus christ what is going on in this picture

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7350261664131976479

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

standing very goodly sir have you been taking lessons from the presinald??

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Willa Rogers posted:

prolly.

I'd do it if I could share the link for a tviv bc I do believe it's gonna be funny, but that's :effort: and may not work so I'll just watch last nite's survivor instead.

besides, it's prolly gonna be 3 hrs of a bunch of lame hollywood people then a quick 30 minutes of genocider-chat before joe's brain retires for the evening.

Yeah they probably won’t even give him the good drugs tonight either so it might be funny but I still don’t think I could stomach the self congratulatory let’s act like it’s the good old old days, while Obama faux roasts Biden and everyone knowingly chuckles and then he’s like but seriously, folks. Vote.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

why is trump not invited to the meeting of presidents

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Nichael posted:

i am going to donate a warm wet kiss to the three presidents

Mr Epstein, you're still alive!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!
Ultra Carp

Where America's going we don't need eyes to see, Jack

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nichael posted:

I half-expect them to trot out gwb & liz cheney as surprise acts.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Nichael posted:

thanks for talking to mayor pete mr president, surely his insight will be of great value here

“Gee wilikers Mr president, have you considered privatizing the debris?”

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I don't know what gave Psaki the secret sauce to be smugly condescending, but she clearly had it and it's obvious in her absence.

Their comms strategy hasn't changed but without the right person selling it, it doesn't come off like epic girl boss clapbacks.

this may not be obvious to your icicle logged nuck brain but there is 1 big difference between psaki and jean-pierre that makes a big difference to the target audience

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/captgouda24/status/1773001344497909961

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

I half-expect them to trot out gwb & liz cheney as surprise acts.

they can't. the mass calf cramping and ejaculations could be potentially harmful to the audience, and open up the dems to liability.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol remember the 7 dudes sanctioned in israel

The United States sent a letter to the Israeli Finance Ministry earlier this week informing Jerusalem that the sanctions imposed by the Biden administration earlier this year against violent settlers were not intended to compel Israeli banks to close the accounts of targeted individuals, an Israeli official tells The Times of Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-tells-israel-it-need-not-close-bank-accounts-of-sanctioned-settlers/

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the seven sanctioned israelis will soon be running for office in the democrat party

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

:barf:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!
Ultra Carp

Egg Moron posted:

“Gee wilikers Mr president, have you considered privatizing the debris?”

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

loquacius posted:

wait if this is about a school thing why is he talking about bussy

That tweet thread reads like the result of Actual Mental Illness. It has the specific flavor of incoherence that I associate with a manic schizophrenic person.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Rip in piss Joe Lieberman

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I don’t think Eugenics is a good thing Captain Gouda

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

That tweet thread reads like the result of Actual Mental Illness. It has the specific flavor of incoherence that I associate with a manic schizophrenic person.

liberals, yes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Lord of Pie posted:

Rip in piss Joe Lieberman

he was killed for being too based (hating video games)

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Nichael posted:

GWB is a democrat, not Trump

efb

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://nicholasdecker.substack.com/p/hoas-are-really-good-actually

HOAs are really good, actually

They’re always strictly better than local governments

quote:

An HOA is superior in its organization to local government. Almost all HOAs are instituted by the developer and agreed to by everyone who wishes to move there, so as to minimize transactions cost and the problems of free-riding mentioned above. Unlike local government, it wants to maximize the total value of the property, so it will not restrict the building of housing below what is optimal. On the contrary, it will restrain itself to providing the amenities and aesthetic preferences which people actually want. According to this study, people are willing to pay 13,000 dollars, or 4% more, to be in an otherwise identical property which is in an HOA. People have a great deal of choice in the housing market, and can choose non-HOA properties, or HOAs with different attributes, for every labor market in America. People simply prefer the HOAs. Nor is the charge that consumers are unaware of the behavior of HOAs until after they move in with any merit. Purchasing a home is one of the biggest decisions in a person’s life. It is not undertaken carelessly or frivolously. To the extent that people wish to know, they can choose to know.

The issue of HOAs teases out the difference between what I see as reasoned libertarians, and temperamental libertarians. Autonomy is valueless if you cannot agree to abrogate it — what good is a right to your body, if you cannot allow someone to cut you for surgery? What good is a right to property, if you cannot commit yourself to paying for anything in the future? A reasoned libertarianism allows people to do whatever they voluntarily agree to, even if we don’t like it, or wouldn’t choose to do it ourselves. By contrast, temperamental libertarianism is a reflexive opposition to authority of any kind, even if fairly earned. It opposes not coercion, but anyone being allowed to have power at all, and is a knee-jerk reaction to the forms of power.

I believe that people, when faced with a spectrum of options, will always choose the one they believe will make them best off. This does not always mean that they are right; but they are more likely to be right about their specific wants than anyone else could be. This includes even things you may dislike, such as homeowner’s associations. Because they are voluntary, they should be allowed, just as we allow any other sort of voluntary organization.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

loquacius posted:

wait if this is about a school thing why is he talking about bussy

as far as I can tell, the school thing just started with the one leader's twitter username. they were mad about california school bond programs at the very start, but moved past that once they got a following for arguing on twitter with chapo listeners. people started copying the username format and hanging out in groupchats together and before you know it you've got... whatever this is

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

RealityWarCriminal posted:

she cannot even muster the words 'no, the president does not have dementia'

The fact that she carefully went out of her way to avoid answering the question tells me that they probably got an official diagnosis at some point and don’t want to be called out for lying down the line.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

readingatwork posted:

The fact that she carefully went out of her way to avoid answering the question tells me that they probably got an official diagnosis at some point and don’t want to be called out for lying down the line.

that would be so funny if it was leaked somehow

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Really can't think of a successful nepo baby lately

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I hope this hq account isn't an official one, bc lol if it is.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
sheesh I thought Lizzo got cancelled

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

police officers are white nationalists though so

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

ram dass in hell posted:

this may not be obvious to your icicle logged nuck brain but there is 1 big difference between psaki and jean-pierre that makes a big difference to the target audience

Oh sure, just because she's a lesbian!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Scarabrae posted:

yeah it's why she's at an event with Bill Clinton and Joe Biden

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Scarabrae posted:

i brought this up with libs i know irl and was told "its over and everyone is fine with it"

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Scarabrae posted:

no she was sexually abusive to subordinates which is ok

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nichael posted:

he was killed for being too based (hating video games)

It's about ethics in dead senators

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Scarabrae posted:

She's performing for at least 2 rapists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

and prolly many more in that multimillionaire crowd, tbh.

you know Harv would be there if he weren't in prison.