Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kaedric posted:

so, what are the odds that if we go digging in their post history, we'll find some post fellating Stacy Abrams for singlehandedly winning georgia

iirc cheat codes for liberals and especially stillwithher and idpol types is any reference to asian people, or possibly other minorities depending on the particular flavour of brainworms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

from what i can tell "post-left" is like an unholy combination of pseudo-academic smugness and acting like a bourgeois tourist of the militia movement. don't think they ever really "got it" while being on the left in a similar manner to the trot-neocon pipeline. for some its a phase, like anarchism, but i respect the anarchists more for spending their youth dumpster diving for smashed vegan garbage cakes

It seems like becoming something that literally everyone on the political spectrum has reason to hate

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yinlock posted:

weird niche demographics like that always end up scooped up by fash at some point

Oh, it's definitely the fishhook in action eventually.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Neera Tanden blew up her own OMB nomination because of bad tweets, and people have the temerity to suggest that posting isn't praxis?

still loving lol that she may be thrown under the bus as a sacrifice to blue dogs who think she's an actual leftist

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The motivation for basically entire generations of women to get into politics has been 'One day, you'll get to commit the crimes against humanity'.

Their foremothers are still mad that they didn't get to openly own slaves

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

Lol, corporate media people are admitting that they screwed up by making their entire system all about criticism of Trump because now even the slightest criticism of anyone in power loses them subscribers/ratings.

I knew the media was addicted to Trump but I didn't predict they'd be basically made to go cold turkey this hard

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i'm reminded of a story i heard in college about a principal and superintendent who crossed state lines to go to a strip club and then found a teacher was working there and got her fired

...why can't I help but picture this as a simpsons episode

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Populon posted:

I say we hassle the australian politics thread for a change, we focus too much on uspol

I mean the australian politics thread has basically been cspam enough they don't have one here because it'd be redundant

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

This won't be the last centrist willing to suicide bomb their career to own the left

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think the idpol defense is just a reflex for sinema; no one who isn't already a braindead khiver is even able to pretend to buy it.

Evil and stupid.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Vim Fuego posted:

if a sixth seventh

then we summon Shenron

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

lol at the perfect conclusion to the 'we got a heckin pupper in the white house' saga

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

No Viet Cong ever called me noob

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

liberals want to elect birthday clowns to do the whip and the nae nae before ecofascists lead them off to be shot

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's loving amazing when americans are shocked that china can actually build infrastructure

Westerners in general really, actually building things is lost technology under neoliberalism. You can't just BUILD libraries

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

paranoid randroid posted:

journalists are the cattiest, cliqueiest people on the planet for some reason

They're all failchildren in daycare

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cerebral Bore posted:

50 state solution

I read that as 50 cent solution

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

"And Australia has made a national pastime of brutalising and demonising refugees."

The gently caress was this supposed to mean? Don't post here unless you answer what this was meant to imply.

gently caress if I know, I'm drunk- wait was that a reply to one of my posts, what

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Your post you figure it out loser

nah, I'm too busy drinking wine and lemonade

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Then gently caress off until you explain your xenophobic post and get back to brunch lib

...oh, I'm Australian and that post was not meant to be praise of such practices? Dunno what else you were on about.

Trump even said that Australia was worse than him on the call where the then Prime Minister admitted they already know everything about the people imprisoned in the camps and it's literally just for sadism

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You were using that statement to justify locking up kids on the US border. Continue being a sunday drunk thanks for visiting from dnd

I have no idea where you got that from because the suggestion was that the Australian policy was if anything a possible inspiration for American policy, complete with being bipartisan, awful, and completely unnecessary and accomplishing literally none of its stated goals

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lmao if you think that nuance was inherent in your post you're loving ridiculous and not representative of the context you posted it so get out your own rear end

...ok?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Please, gamer, be at peace, You are a gamer, you are valid. I heartily endorse your preferred product and/or service.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

KomradeX posted:

I remember, in what 2019, arguing with people that would literally say China is trying to colonize Hong Kong. To them saying that is like saying Washington is trying to colonize New York City, would just bounce off of them even as our became increasingly clear these were right wing protests.

Though one of my favorite things from last year during the mass protests, when people would say can't we just glue bricks to the road like in Hong Kong, and having to explain to them that worked because the Hong Kong police mostly used normal vehicles while US police departments break out military surplus that in theory would have no problem driving over it. Or how no one really thought about how the US crackdown was much harsher than the Chinese. Could you imagine if the Hong Kong police department had put a 70 year old man in the hospital for returning a Helmut to them, caught on video none the less, he'd be the new tank man

The Chinese police actually understand they exist to serve the state, American police believe the opposite

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Given a time machine I'm partial to my friend's plan of finding the one ape who's starting to look thoughtfully at the plains and hit that fucker with a rock

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

PipHelix posted:

As a PhD haver, I put many more embarrassingly formatted posters up and tried to explain/defend my methods/conclusions much more disheveledly and hungoveredly than that one. The target is the resume, the woman doing science is the trap.

Please and thankyou. I welcome a painless oblivion.

I'm surprised we don't see more Spider-man supervillain origin stories irl

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

there is no thread with a greater density of intellectuals pretending not to be intellectuals than this one

To be fair, it's way better than the opposite

Tom Guycot posted:

I can't tell if all this recent talk from GOP folks is because of the culture warriors becoming so big in the party they're overwritting the pro business bedrock at places, or if the GOP is just so comfortable in their power at this point to start trying to boss companies around to placate the culture warrior aspect.

Probably a bit of both but mostly the former, though I imagine a lot is corporations playing good cop and proceeding to do nothing about the bad things

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Remember when The Hard Times of all things made an article about third party voters and then proceeded to perfectly describe a liberal

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tzeenetch has always been a fitting comparison given his overcomplicated plans always end up collapsing in on each other and accomplishing absolutely nothing but wasting time and resources to perpetuate his own existence.

I'm becoming Kite-Man

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The recent arc of Powerup Comix being a Jane Austen riff that's amazingly well recieved does make me ponder how we were brought up with an entire genre of basically middle-class aspiration even in settings where women basically can only hope that a guy who wants to gently caress them has money and won't beat them too hard, and that it's nearly impossible to read now mostly because upper middle class of the British Empire are the most tedious, dull and judgemental people ever to exist. (not that middle class ennui wasn't practically a genre around the 1800s, no wonder the revolutions had to put them out of their misery)

And it seems to have a lot in common with the liberal cult of credentialism, deifying those who (supposedly) climb the ladder and gain power and wealth through supposed legitimate means while gladly ignoring what that means for everyone they stepped on.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

What if it's charity with a pirate flag

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the Tea Party of 22/24 is going to be Q Moms and they're going to be essentially unstoppable lmao

Sarah Palin's only mistake was letting herself play second fiddle to a ghoul no one but Launchpad McQuack cares about

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The important thing is libs could in theory get everything they want without actually having to do anything

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

bedpan posted:

At the end of the day, leftists are children and the right hold the secrets of a perfect society; to finalize the end of history, the left must be disciplined and the right incorporated. That the right wants to murder the liberal is seen as an unresolved issue within the liberal state and not a deficiency or stain on the right.

Is this from somewhere, because it's way too accurate. Though it's basically 'the left are spoiled children who need to be abused into submission; the right is Daddy who needs to be appeased'.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

loquacius posted:

Yeah it's almost like leadership means getting your underlings to trust you, rather than being the smartest person in the room ordained from on high to be in charge and demanding blind obedience based on that, y'know, like Rian Johnson being put in charge of Star Wars oh snap

It makes sense when you realise she's actually just Hillary Clinton

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

But what if you wanted to see a shaggy dog

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

I know Chris Hayes sucks because he knows about how bad all this poo poo is and yet still takes his paycheck but jesus christ he comes off looking a lot better than Jennifer Rubin saying that we should be actively and publicly trying to overthrow the Iranian regime while also negotiating with them

like, why the gently caress would the Iranians do that if they know the US wants to topple their government?

Thing is about these people who are incredibly stupid, but think they're brilliant and everyone else is stupid

Like that one guy in the r/relationships thread that I can't find right now who was genuinely surprised and shocked that his girlfriend caught onto him pretending to have a job and wasn't fooled by him briefly showing a cable box and saying it was a laptop.

This applies to both Rubin in particular and neoliberals in general

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

my bony fealty posted:

his online persona going from Warren dem to dem soc loser to full on communard because he read a page of Lenin or whatever in a few months is one of the funniest things Ive ever seen

Warren dems in particular seem to be the biggest wildcards, you never know what they're going to say next.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yet another poster destroyed by the Snyderdome

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

tokin opposition posted:

that's it, i'm using my trans rights to cancel her for focusing on unisex instead of unigender, khive stans i expect your six hour apology videos soon

(also I don't know what the gently caress is up with her voice, it sounds like she's about to start weeping and telling me about her boyfriend)

Her being drunk all the time would explain a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yinlock posted:

according to Data online fash recruitment is slowing due to a portion of online weirdos becoming obsessed with vtubers instead

But what does Lore have to say