Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gene sperling was the obama economics adviser who reassured carl bob woodward that obama really wanted the grand bargain and wasn't doing some fakeout, as dnd claimed at the time.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 00:54 on Feb 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

also lol that it took me weeks to find this thread bc I refused to mentally process the dems being good.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

People took this crank seriously and told their lefty podcast followers that she was someone worth listening to.

you take biden seriously & tell everyone that he's worth listening to & voting for, so you actually succ more than they do.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

of course trump is a horrible monster. he continued the genocide started by his predecessor

but nevertheless, he did not start a new genocide unlike obama, clinton, and carter. a take scientifically formulated to drive the libs mad.

b-b-but he banned trans people from participating in those genocides!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

My eyes glossed over the thread during the first week because the words made absolutely no sense and my mind filtered it out.

Right???

anyway this made me laugh when I saw it the other day

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I bet there's thousands of pics of biden grooming children in the white house photo archives.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this made me tear up bc it's kind of a marker for the last time in my life I'd likely feel hopeful about presidential politics. :smith:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

1stGear posted:

oh cool thanks for reminding of the last day i believed in a happy future

:respek: :smith: :respek:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1363656319975247872?s=19

What a touching gesture.

I love my empathetic president. So different from the cheeto bandito!

give me my loving vaccine, biden.

last week my city did 73 yr olds, then sent out an email on friday saying this week it's 72 yrs old. I'm 66 and according to this timeline I won't get this loving shot till mid-to-late april.

plus: lol, my years of being underinsured means I don't have a pcp and hospitals/doctors are favoring their patients first for the vaccine.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

i think from sunday-wednesday after nevada or so there was a huge runup on predicit of every single state in the usa going bernie in the primary, then clyburn came out for biden on..thursday and the SC vote was saturday, 2/29

then bernie's campaign was ended on march 1st by obama and people didn't want to admit it until they saw him get crushed in texas, michigan, illinois etc

also it was too late for some states to set up vote-by-mail and bernie was telling his voters to stay home while biden was telling them to go hog wild voting in person.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

im pretty sure you're in the same city i am (well, i'm techncially in both with the one to the west) that has its own health department. sure was a mistake to live near so many rich old white people who live forever when they're doing this by reverse age!
join the facebook chicago vaccine hunters group, a lot of them talk about scheduling through loyola hospital but you have to call them first to set up an account

that being said you could just go to champaign and say you're a resident there after getting a motel for the night (well, i don't think carle hospital is taking new appointments yet since they seemingly had a delivery delay). that county is doing better than everywhere else besides the super outlier adams county - tons of freezer space at UIUC, not much population; i have a dozen family members down there who all got it super easily including 35 year olds since they just keep expanding eligibility.
a few weeks ago the hospital there was tweeting out 'hey can anyone come in for vaccines we have openings' with under a dozen likes/retweets, its really silly

yah, I know people who've gone to the south side & gotten shots but I hate driving in winter (esp. last week's weather) and just wanna go to the sr. center here and git 'er done.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nothus posted:

According to my NextDoor, patients of the Ivy-league university health system in my city are being invited to get vaccinated while everyone else deals with crashing websites and phone calls to busy numbers.

yep, same with northshore univ. hospital.

and they hardly take any obamacare or medicaid plans so it's another way poors are penalized for being poors.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Fwiw my neighbor said his wife's parents went to the senior center by mt trashmore and got them done there. But who knows what's going on, he also said she got appointments for ten people by changing the clock on her computer to midnight and going on walgreens and using the closest pharmacy ,which makes no sense

yah, that's where the city's administering the vaccine (levy center), but that's the one that's 72+ unless they're starting to factor in essential workers like teachers.

the city's also prioritizing POC as a social-equity move and I can't begrudge them that; at least it's not like the people in winnetka flooding chicago southside vac sites.

I've heard of that One Quick Trick re: changing your computer clock to psyche out walgreens so I guess I'll try that at midnight. There was one point about a month ago in which some appts were open at the glenview walgreens, but after I called my friend about it they'd all filled up.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

The north shore shame sucks , my mother in law is in west wilmette and is nearly immobile and deathly afraid of driving. There's no cook county places within 15 minutes of her, because of the optics of putting one in the rich areas. So instead they all drive south or to rockford of wherever the openings are

yeah, good point. My client's home health aides went to the south side to get vacced even tho they live in skokie and more power to them (my client's 95).

evanston's doing at-home vaccinations for people like your MIL so maybe check and see if wilmette is doing that too.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Breakfast All Day posted:

in 2015 they were being paid $500/child/day

lmao just send them to posh private boarding school

the wapo story says it's now costing $750/day to board each child.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

Ok SUCC zone: I have a question.

It's been a week since the second impeachment trial crashed and burned.

During the senate part of the impeachment, the democrats decided to hold a vote to call witnesses. They won that vote. The plan to call witnesses, the decision to call the vote, and winning the vote were all widely publicized. But the democrats didn't call witnesses after winning the vote to call witnesses. They suddenly reversed course and ended the trial.

My question is: What is the Democrats official reasoning for why they decided to hold the vote to call witnesses, win it, and then not call witnesses?

I listened to the news, podcasts, interviews with the house impeachment manager that the democrats sent out to news orgs to spin the impeachment and this question was never actually answered. Their spokespeople and analysts who repeat their talking points talk about a lot of other topics. But never actually address the vote, win, reversal. The actions don't make any sense.

And I know the real reason they did it won't match up with their official reason. But I have never even heard an official reason for it. And it's kind of amazing to me that they didn't even bother to come up with an official reason for why they did it. So is there one?

what I heard was that the GOP planned witnesses that would've proved embarrassing to dems, although I have no idea who those witnesses would've been.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

Surprise surprise Art is KHive and has linked in his response multiple tweets from someone who has blocked me

https://twitter.com/art_morehouse/status/1364350462175100929?s=19

They're even being taught civics at these sparkling camps!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

forcing unaccompanied minors to recite the pledge of allegiance while being held captive is about the most american thing I can think of.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1364319066584981505

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/teddyschleifer/status/1364351309915123712?s=19

Oh btw just in case you were wondering whether the company that made the app that stole the Iowa caucuses was getting rewarded for their services with plump government contracts, wonder no more, the answer is yes

lmao

In the run-up to the 2020 election, Acronym also planned to invest $25 million in a progressive news effort called Courier Newsroom, which set up eight different websites with seemingly nonpartisan, homespun names like “UpNorth News” in Wisconsin and “Keystone” in Pennsylvania. The publications routinely featured Democratic candidates in favorable lights, and Courier spent millions to promote the articles in Facebook ads. While Courier websites do note that they are heavily backed by the progressive organization, critics felt the disclosures were insufficient and that the newsrooms functioned more like an arm of the Democratic Party than a traditional publication, further muddying the waters for consumers seeking unbiased information. Acronym has said Courier is “factual and transparently progressive.”

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Down Home Daily. The Cozy Fireplace Foghorn. The Surf's Up Sentinel. The Corn-Fed Courier.

The possibilities are endless.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

wow, this group will bring down the right for sure!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this op just makes up literal Fake News Outlets to run the same ads linking to the same content:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Why does this hit so hard?

"...with liberty & justice for all"

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

relevant excerpts from glenn's article on why the democrats absolutely could not call a witness about the COP MURDER

thanks for the sourcing; it builds upon what I'd heard about the dems not wanting GOP witnesses.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol:

The Biden administration announced Monday that state education departments would have flexibility surrounding standardized testing this year, but would not have broad authority to cancel those examinations.

The highly-anticipated policy decision is a reversal from the Trump administration, which widely allowed districts to cancel standardized testing last year as the pandemic prompted widespread shifts to remote learning.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I wonder if he's praying as hard for the trailer-park kids.

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1364391500864499715

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Judakel posted:

Brown Moses must be weeping.

:ssh: especially since he was outed as a spook the other day.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

Lmao at "these materials may have been obtained from hacking" as if that makes their legitimacy go away because they didn't ask for it politely

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1364428706278756353

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Excelzior posted:

awesome that privately owned media companies are helpfully telling us to avert our eyes and not gaze upon forbidden knowledge

lefties who cheered on twitter banning trump et al. are idiots (ie: sowing/reaping).

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Interior Secretary nominee Deb Haaland said on Wednesday that President Biden’s pause on new oil and gas leasing is a temporary measure and won't be a "permanent thing."

“This pause...it’s just that, it’s a pause, it’s not going to be a permanent thing where we’re saying we’re restricting all these lands from something,” Haaland said in response to a question on the moratorium from Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah).

The White House last month put a temporary pause without a set end date on granting new leases for publicly owned lands and waters for oil and gas drilling.

The Interior Department has continued to issue new permits on public lands that are already leased, though it instituted a temporary elevated review process, and it has also not stopped current drilling activity.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

I had to tell a little Indian-American girl that a South Asian woman can't become Head of the OMB, and that she'd have to settle for Vice President.

plz tweet that in response to swalwell.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

took a scroll through the replies and

yup that was it

what is wrong with these psychopaths

95 percent of the time I read twitter responses from liberals my fingers just wanna twitch out WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Might have to do with this. Though this guy could've just been adding fuel to the fire.
https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1364695290582867986

In any case, writing an article that isn't glowing praise of Bdiejn is grounds for deserving Blue MAGA's wrath

lmao that they're going after an asian woman while whining that neera's being shat on bc she's an asian woman.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Tom Guycot posted:

Yeah, Dems, Dems are the greatest. As an NGO intern, I was always told that if I ain't gonna be part of the Dems, I gotta be the Dems myself.

"attend your local dem clubs!"

*goes to local dem club populated by 80 yr olds taking hours to get thru minutiae*

"if you don't like the candidate they're running then find someone better or run yourself"

*faces self-funded ghoul backed by party while blacklisted for not using its ghoul consultants*

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

I remember them being slightly better in the early Obama administration, but they've been centrist spokespeople for at least 10 plus years.

msnbc has always been poo poo; they canned genial grandpa phil donahue for speaking out against the iraq war in the early aughts.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lmao the son of HW Bush's chief of staff

isn't he making noises about running for u.s. senator in '22?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

a school at which the captives are forced to recite the pledge of allegiance while holding their hands over their hearts.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Remember how libs were claiming, a month ago, that FTV didn't need to happen bc Bernie was gonna put emergency M4A into the stimulus bill?

Surprise!

quote:

Instead of enacting a universal Medicare for All health care system that would save the United States and its citizens hundreds of billions of dollars annually, temporarily expanding Medicare or championing a promised “public option,” Democrats are rallying behind a health care proposal that will funnel tens of billions of dollars to corporate health insurance companies even as they are already experiencing record profits and jacking up premiums, while continuing to deny claims.

Democrats’ current plan will lower people’s premiums, but only on a temporary basis. It will also not stop insurers from passing on huge out-of-pocket costs to enrollees if they need medical care, nor does it improve the quality of people’s health insurance. Indeed, it will push people onto state exchanges where one in six in-network medical claims were denied in 2019.

The Congressional Budget Office projects 1.3 million new people will gain insurance coverage under these provisions, meaning that millions of Americans will remain uninsured during a historic, deadly pandemic. There were nearly 29 million uninsured people in the U.S. in 2019, before COVID caused widespread job losses.

The Biden-Sanders task force recommendations outlined a public option plan available to “all Americans.” It further stated: “The public option will provide at least one plan choice without deductibles, will be administered by the traditional Medicare program, not private companies, and will cover all primary care without any copayments and control costs for other treatments by negotiating prices with doctors and hospitals, just like Medicare does on behalf of older people.”

The Democratic National Committee’s 2020 platform said: “Democrats will also make available on the marketplace a public option administered through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) which includes a platinum-level choice, with low fees and no deductibles.”

The Bennet-Kaine legislation includes no mention of deductibles, and initially only people living in areas with limited insurance options would be allowed to sign up for their public option. The program would open up to all Americans by 2025.

but even that weaksauce excuse for a kinda-sorta public option is a bridge too far for our health-insurance masters:

quote:

An AHIP-led front group called the Partnership for America’s Health Care Future, which spent $4.5 million on ads opposing Medicare for All last year during the Democratic presidential primary campaign, has already signaled its opposition to the scaled-down public option proposal.

“The Partnership for America’s Health Care Future believes that every American deserves access to affordable, high-quality health coverage and care, and the best way to achieve this is to strengthen our current system — not start over by creating unaffordable, one-size-fits-all government health insurance systems like Medicare-X,” the group said in a statement last week.

According to Federal Communications Commission records, the Partnership recently reserved TV spots in Montana and Maine, where Democrats would need yes votes from Sens. Jon Tester and Angus King for a public option, as well as in the Washington area.

It’s easy to see the public option languishing, as health insurers use their excess profits to pulverize the plan.

In the meantime, Democrats will have the government deliver more money to the corporate health insurance industry to put more Americans on insurance plans they can’t afford to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Imagine providing healthcare directly and not middlemen who gatekeep access to it.

Imagine libs celebrating the resounding victory after 1/6 that Blue Cross PAC would only donate to Dems from hereon, which they did celebrate.