Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The male P3 mc is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Persona 3 ftmfw

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

For real though: I played Persona 3 FES on the PS3 after seeing the opening for the game online when I was 16 and it very deeply resonated with me back then, even the social links that people are real down on. While it would be ideal for the FeMC to be included, and its a bit lame that she isn't, seeing someone act like nobody likes the male MC and his whole thing really makes my eyes roll.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think from everything we have seen so far the remake looks pretty good, myself. Very excited about it.

Also Metis is sick. Great design.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's been like 7 years since P5 so I think it's possible they might cut the operation babe hunt crap, or at least the 'punchline' to it, times have changed etc, but not holding my breath.

Keeping the punchline would be loving crazy, but I guess time will tell lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I do not know how anyone can look at what Atlus has done with the Persona IP for the past like 10 years and conclude "they're going to ditch it"

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

There's 2 scenes with Yukari in that trailer of the MC cooking with her and eating with her in the dorm. Not anything huge, but I'm pretty sure those weren't in the original games.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oh wow huh, was not expecting that

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Sad about no The Answer, but I was prepared for that back when that initial leak happened when it was described as P3 without P3P or FES.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Endorph posted:

i didnt love the answer gameplay wise but i thought the story content was decent

Yeah its a bit of a slog in some parts gameplay wise, and the axing of the compendium is pretty rough, but I really did like what was going on with it a lot.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I'm gonna be honest the no switch thing was pretty clear from the start. If it was gonna come out on the switch it would've been in the original announcement like it was for P5T

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You should read that again

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Strassman's Aigis ftw. Shame she sucks tho.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

For all p5t's apparent issues, complaining about anatomy in a stylized art style seems pretty petty lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Answer is very explicitly canon. Insane to suggest otherwise.

Metis hasn't come up because Aigis accepted her back into herself at the end of it. That's the whole thing.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The new battle theme ftw

However also has anyone said how getting the first strike in battles works for P3R? Cause in normal P3 its definitely not something you get all the time like you do in P4 and P5

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Genesis sucks so much

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Arist posted:

Someone posted the chorus from the new arrangement of Mass Destruction:

https://twitter.com/NSuperGamerGuy/status/1704144564439662664

Ehhhhhhh, it's kinda lost its edge without Yumi Kawamura

Hmm, not a fan lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

P3 male MC ftw.

FeMC would've been nice tho.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Big fan of The Answer myself. Genuinely bummed that it isn't included with the remake, but can why with how unpopular it is. I feel like you could make it a lot less of a slog gameplay wise by just adding the compendium and adding a heal area right before the bosses of the areas instead of just having to go back to the hub and do the dungeon over if you're too beat up to take them on.

I also feel like the idea that The Answer walks back on the MC being dead is a really weird way to look at it. It doesn't really change the fact that he died, its just that his soul is trapped there acting as the seal. I always interpreted the idea of "freeing" him as just letting his soul pass on since they very explicitly say that his body is very much dead.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I liked the Kenji link when I was 16 years old and played p3 for the first time.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Also yeah everything else aside I can generally remember every p3 link. I cannot say the same for 4 and 5 lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kale posted:

To me that means it's a good thing since I associate that sort of lingo with TikTok and I don't like most of what's popular music wise on TikTok for the most part.

*checks opening video* Yep it's mostly fine.

:dafuq:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I actually like that opening a good bit. More of a fan of whoever they got to do the new female vocals when its a new thing and not covering the original songs.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I mean there's nothing stopping it from serving both purposes. Does make it funny when they do use them for their instant kills tho.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yukari's ai is extremely busted and like every time this will come up I will mention the fact that she will just throw out medicinal powders when her sp is only kinda low but still more than enough for a big healing spell on heal/support, which has at least personally gotten me game overs at a few places including the final boss of The Answer lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's pretty fail.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Answer is pretty good and I've never really understood why people act like its story was particularly all that bad, beyond not understanding what was up with Yukari.

It's a real shame too because the actual bad part about The Answer is pretty much 100% gameplay, which could easily be fixed by a remake.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oh right we've already had this exact convo before lol. I'll just repeat that I never got the impression that freeing the MC from being the seal brings him back to life, but instead would allow him to finally pass on. Which I think is actually a very nice idea.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oh hell yeah

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bro gave it a 9/10 and the "It's not Persona 5" seems like a clear joke

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

So is borderless windowed hosed up for anyone else with the steam version of P3R? It's making the game scale weird and it looks like poo poo lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Got up to beating the 2nd Tartarus boss on merciless, game is ftw so far. I even like the tracks that I initially wasn't a fan of more in the context of it being in game bgm.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Truly cannot imagine the mind of the person who says that p5 is more thematically satisfying than p3

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think it would be epic if P5 had a more satisfying conclusion to its themes, much like Persona 3.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kenji is extremely cringe, but I don't think its even that bad of a thing because his social link ends with him getting owned.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

drat Priestess got hands on Merciless.

Beat her with 1:11 left. Great way to remake the fight.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 4, 2024

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

New master of shadows ftw

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I'm not spamming the arcade, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Also there's definitely a challenge in going through a whole block in 1 night, sp management. I've done both blocks I've gotten through in a single night so far and both times I ended up pretty thin in the sp department. Just barely killed the oracle boss at the top of the 2nd area with all my party dead and 4 hp on the MC. Merciless feels real well balanced to make fights feel close.