Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGH_gIjS2u0

how is the arby's shovel knight real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weedle posted:

did it not occur to them that it is possible to share and interact with only the first tweet without its follow-up, and that ironically offering a forum to the most gravel-brained chuds in the world might be a bad move

I mean even if you don't the fine print is apparently that they're offering 2 scholarships to burger king employees worth 25k, whereas the NYT ad they took out would've cost like 250k lmao

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Walla posted:

Also, thanks to charliefoxtrot for posting the P5 curry. I made my own based off of it but heavily modified for the wife and kid and it was drat good. Had mine with rice, hummus and an egg while the wife and kid had theirs with rice noodles in a sauce.

Good stuff.

I have not been able to find a single good curry recipe, I miss it after coming back from japan. :smith:

charliefoxtrot share your secrets

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 10, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wuggles posted:

What does the thread feel about River City Girls? It came out around the same time as SOR4 and also looked good

A+ presentation, gameplay is about typical, a bit short.

wuggles posted:

This looks rad but I have never heard of any of these games

What is this (don't say SOTN)

I could've sworn it was an rpg or strategy game

Looper posted:

some observations about sonic chronicles: the dark brotherhood, in no particular order:

-there are about 15-20 seconds of silence between loops in the background music. i knew going in that there'd been issues with the music but not to that extent
-lots of stock sound effects evocative of humongous entertainment pc games
-this is the second sonic game on the ds to crib gameplay from elite beat agents/ouendan
-your healing moves can miss if you flub the qte
-the game tells you turn order for your party but not for the enemies
-the stats named Attack and Defense are actually for accuracy and evasion. relatedly, attacks miss frequently
-enemies will sometimes try to run away and you then play an auto-runner minigame. if they do escape then you don't get anything, even from enemies you defeated
-enemies scale with your level but their rewards do not appear to
-dialogue options let you decide whether to be polite goodboy sonic or snarky rudeboy sonic
-
-Visit our community website at https://sonic.bioware.com!

my only goal is to be as nice to amy rose as possible

That game has legitimately one of the worst soundtracks I have ever heard

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 12, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

they should make a slayers moba

It's called dota 2 starring Lina Inverse

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hatty posted:

Is Atelier horny now?

I say without a shred of doubt the reason Ryza is the best selling atelier game is ryza's thighs.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

They had a real soundtrack all ready to be made, but for unspecified legal reasons were forced to take it out late in development so they had to literally just download a bunch of Sonic MIDIs from the internet and shove them into the game.

yes lmao that is my absolute favorite piece of bioware trivia, but it goes even farther than that! Because of the time problems they had to use an incomplete custom soundfont so some of the songs are straight up missing instruments.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wamdoodle posted:

Any robot that is big is what I like

Is there any media that depicts something like this? Usually there's the pilot and then they have a crew but not all on the same mecha.

I can think of a few, but nothing that has it really matter from like, a gameplay perspective.

(Warhammer, Metal Fatigue and Brigador off the top of my head)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

My older sister would reheat spaghetti in a microwave without any water so it'd get all superheated, gross, and oddly crystalized, and then she'd put it between some bread and eat it as a spaghetti sandwich.

:barf:

the gently caress do you do to spaghetti that would ever make it crystalize

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

Sorry but your name for your character, “Bill the Assassin”, contains inappropriate language , it will be displayed as “Bill the ******in” when playing online

My absolute favorite example of censors going wrong would have to be DotA's ****terblast Crown/Core

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is the year of health coverage legally required or something? More than I would've expected from blizzard at this point.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

I used to delete saves as a kid as an acknowledgement I was done with a game. Having 15 years of cloud saves with xbox has messed me up when I boot up something like Feeding Frenzy and it knows where I left off.

thats hosed

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

Yahtzee still exists...dang

692 episodes deep. Apparently he's married and has a kid now. How times change.

nice

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simone Magus posted:

I mean, except for the anti-trans stuff, and also not being funny, sure

That was one of the rare times he apologized for something

Humor's subjective, I think he's pretty funny. Though, I don't bother to watch his videos every week or anything.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jolo posted:

EA Play games are available with Game Pass PC now, so just a friendly reminder to play Shantae Half Genie Hero on there. It's good.

Reminder not to play Seven Sirens because that one is like, perplexingly bad.

Help Im Alive posted:

Do you ever wonder what you would've done in the million hours you'd gain if you had never been :justpost:ing here

I'd still be single, so registering for this site was basically a huge mistake. :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I don't know if its clear but that second image of the elaborate apology is by the same guy

https://twitter.com/Judgegrumble/status/1372572029967339523

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cardiovorax posted:

It wouldn't be the weidest joke the Yakuza series has ever made. Remember that bit about Kiryu helping a school girl realize that pressuring her schoolmates into selling their panties to creepy old men might not be a good idea?

I don't know if that was a joke.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I meant in the sense that I don't think that was the game making a joke, unless I misunderstood you.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I need examples

azurlane, where it's ww2 and the boats are girls and you marry them.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866310

girls frontline, where it's metal gear solid and the guns are (robot) girls (and you can also marry them)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904549&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Kantai collection, where it's WW2 and the boats are gi- wait didn't we do this one already

Khanstant posted:

Yeah right, how could they fit a whole game inside of another one. They'd have to make two carts!!!

They put a smaller cart inside the big one

Harrow posted:

Nothing Final Fantasy at today's conference at all as far as I know.

20 more years.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 19, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looper posted:

in custom robo, once you've been given the big revelatory plot dump about how the world is actually not flat and you live in a dome, you're given your final mission, to raid z syndicate headquarters. but you're also told it's okay to say no and stay home if the stakes are too high and you're scared. while it seems like a "but thou must" kind of situation, you can say no through 20 unique lines of dialogue as your best buddy tries everything he can think of to get you to go with everyone else until you finally get a unique game over where you're told everyone died offscreen and your buddy yells at you for being a dummy

game rules

One of my favorite things that I didn't notice for awhile about that game is it doesn't reuse many (or any?) NPC models, so even the unnamed NPCs like "Man" are characters with ongoing stories.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I bounced off the game but maybe the show will be worthwhile

Edit: after watching the trailer, the answer seems to be "no"

The dragon's dogma anime is one of the worst I have ever seen, it's truly glorious.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is this the start of a creepypasta?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harrow posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2......... is good

It would be better without rex.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm posted:

I wasn't sure what a Tom & Jerry gatcha would entail, but it's obvious in hindsight

A 1v4 game where you can play as a mouse that collects cheese or a cat that tries to stop them

They got the crambone guy as a playable character and this

I think I played the poo poo out of this when it was a warcraft 3 map

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harrow posted:

I don't even mind Rex, I think I just hate his outfit and wish I could at least dress him up like not a complete idiot

Tora is bad though

His voice and outfit suck but the main reason I don't like him is I don't like boring bland protagonists that everyone loves and gets all the ladies.

It's bad enough in Persona and stuff, but at least the main character never talking lets you suspend disbelief and assume he's charming.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

These people are old now.

What do you mean 'now'

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booky posted:

anime............ is cool

hh aw man now i wanna watch hbombs giant video on rwby again!! but hhhh i don't wanna stay up too late... maybe i'll just rewatch smth else, 2nite!! or finish up a tv backlog or play a game or :ohdear:

edit: aaaa i should finish a map in fe1 first!

There are people that don't fall asleep listening to longform video essays...?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rarity posted:

Eating meat is somehow a big political thing for toxic masculinity groups (see Jordan Peterson's raw meat diet, soyboy insults and the idea being vegan gives you estrogen)

It's becuase of those liberals that want people to stop eating meat and make us eat BUGS, with their lies of global warming.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reallly hope you can redownload stuff.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I am still upset I bought this game. In case you forgot it cost MORE than a DS game at the time on top of that bullshit

I'm still upset I rented it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone gave me an avatar cert but I can't use it because I don't know the password because this account was gifted to me, and I can't reset the password because I don't know the email that was used to sign up for it.

I have never been so owned in my entire life.

e: this isnt peace thread but still, lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simone Magus posted:

I downloaded Love!Live! and uh

I don't know if I'm ready for this

shoulda gone for idolm@ster.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkoni posted:

I think 4 has the best boss battles in the series. Definitely not the best bosses tho.

What in the god drat

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whizzing Wizard posted:

MGS games ranked on how memorable the bosses are:

Rising

5. Peace Walker

Metal Gear Rising is one of the best games I've ever played. I don't think Hideo Kojima directed any truly bad metal gear games, but 4 and 5 were definitely a huge step down in writing quality.

There's an interesting (long as hell but if you've played MGS4 you clearly don't mind watching long cutscenes) video someone made detailing a lot of criticisms of MGS4 and why people feel the plot falls apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93-_r0w7ykI

Having big boss in it was a mistake and the Patriots should not have been the final boss to metal gear.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 25, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zushio posted:

In terms of Metal Gear bosses I did find the fights in MGS5 to be a bit disappointing, but I have a personal theory about why.

Since the plot of MGS5 is deeply linked to the plot of the very first Metal Gear it almost makes sense that the bosses get less memorable. Even though Big Boss has been running around fighting all kinds of crazy poo poo Solid Snake didn't really do that until MGS1. The world itself is moving away from the outlandish pseudo sci-fi conflicts, and back to a period of more grounded conventional warfare. In fact, if we look at the kinds of bosses that Solid Snake would face in MG1&2 they are very similar to the ones we fight in MGS5.

Obviously just a personal theory, but it kind of makes sense to me. MGS5 has some serious issues on a lot of fronts, and who knows what revalations might have been cut. It just feels, to me, like the whole game is an attempt to bring the franchise full circle back to its starting point. Not just in terms of story, but also world design and aesthetics.

I was incredibly let down that at no point does MGS5 have a old-school vampire as the ultimate anti-big boss weapon.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkoni posted:

Mgs4 is a good game. The B&B ladies are not good characters.

It might just be because Crying Wolf drowns out the others with how bad it is, but I really don't remember the fights being good for the most part. RAY and Liquid Ocelot were good.

The fight with Vamp was pretty much a joke, and uh do the Haven Troopers even count as a boss? :shrug:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
crying wolf sucks because it calls back really hard to the sniper duels of MGS 1 and 3, but instead of being a sniper duel you have to fight a bunch of frogs, you aren't using the same weapon, and you can just shooting crying wolf while she runs around like a dumbass because she can't even attack you in a bunch of places.

Raging Raven I completely forget, Laughing Octopus was fine.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah Olga's the only boss on the tanker. technically the mercenaries in the elevator are presented as a mini-boss, same with the Tengus later on.

I think you're underrating Fatman, he was pretty different from other fights with some of the hide and go seek/bomb diffusal stuff.

But yeah, Fatman, Solidus and maybe Olga are the only bosses I liked much in MGS2.

I think overall if a boss fight is good or not is partially affected by the narrative context that they take place in, so overall I like MGS1's the most, I think. The End and The Sorrow are awesome but Pain, Fear and Fury are barely characters.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

the "Guns of the Patriots" moment is good

Snake is the best character on screen at all times, unless Liquid is also there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't Legends an ARPG?

I can think of a few real-time games with cards (Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and Lost Kingdoms) that I liked, but it generally doesn't seem like a good genre for that.