Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

warch never changes

e: infinity warch

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how many Wandas do you see if you have the power of Wandavision

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

wath

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

None of them address the fact that they all live on donut-shaped planets either.

What was some games with world maps that are actually spheres? First thing that comes to mind is the geomap in x-com ufo defense but I can't think of any other world map that actually takes place on a sphere.

e: for anyone who doesn't know about the donut worlds

Populous: The Beginning

Mario Galaxy has both globe worlds and donut worlds

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tired: videogame weddings
wired: boardgame weddings

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I moved last week, and ever since then Earth Defense Force 5 has run like poo poo on my PC. I haven't noticed any other performance hits or technical issues--just EDF. What would cause something like that?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Warchette

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

human eyes will never see that

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Tell me more about the cum dungeon

it is where the :cumpolice: detain their most hardened prisoners, whose crimes cannot be whitewashed

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

we're all cumborne already

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

stay safe Nipple Bandit

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Adding “wario” to my fave things to google image search, alongside “gamer” and “the hedgehog”

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

loev 2 engage w/ all my fave brands

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

try our new Meme Sauce

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

NINTENDO DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW:

Daisy is a Goomba with a Super Crown

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakuna is great

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if you didn't already play them all on Mar 2 you are a Fake Gamer

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gearing up for some spicy miso ramen later in the week, made some miso soup

This was relatively simple! The soup was 3/4 cup of water plus 1/4 cup of the fish/chicken stock I had left over from jambalaya, with some hondashi powder. Brought to a boil with a few shrimp, added chopped bok choy, then after a few minutes put it to low and added 18 grams of red miso (I followed the recommendations to press it through a strainer to catch the grit). Topped with some green onion and a piece of nori, had it with some supermarket sushi

how much XP did you get

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VideoGames posted:

:twisted: We are about to get all american kirby up in here...

:haibrow:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I have a dumb question for anybody not in the USA. It's just something I hadn't thought about before and now I'm curious.

In America, we have this thing called "Mississippi seconds" which is just someone saying Mississippi between each number when they are counting. The idea is to have a word or name long/cumbersome enough to say between numbers that you can time things in a more accurate or fairer way. Examples of using it would be for kids playing hide n seek where the seeker needs to count to a number and having them count "1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi" etc would prevent them from just rushing through the numbers and give the hiders plenty of time to hide. Another example is when people need to inject something like insulin and they have to make sure to keep the needle in for a specific amount of time so they count that way to make sure they've kept the needle in long enough.

Mississippi is a place in the USA though so what do other countries use? I know that I've heard a more generic version where you count out loud by saying "1 one thousand 2 one thousand 3 one thousand" etc but I'm curious if/what other places use when needing to count like that.

1 Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
2 Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I hope discovering the true ending doesn't diminish the other endings for you

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

this whole thing in Diablo 3 where you get to 70 and your power level plateaus until you can start collecting full gear sets is just as lame as I remember

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:lea:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:nice:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

angle tax

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Does Ys Origin and the second part of Ys 1 count as a dungeon crawl? Or a dungeon climb I guess?

Ys Origin: no, it is not a dungeon unless it is under the ground

Ys II: some underground environments, however the ground itself is floating miles in the air; dungeonality is indeterminate

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you can monitor a monitor, but you can't TV a TV

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you've heard of jockstraps now get ready for GEEK STRAPZ :krad:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

All right grandad go stick another quarter in your Pong cabinet :rolleyes:

Is that what The Youths are calling it these days

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Inject the anime into deez nuts.

where do you think tanukis come from

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

goblin week posted:

Didn't Ys 1 do that too?

literally none of it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Weedle posted:

"movie" is such a dumb abbreviation of "moving picture." i can't believe we still use it. people should say "picture" more often. i only hear "picture" from david lynch or people doing impressions of david lynch

movture

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

if you're going to say "picture" then it must be in a strong east coast accent, preferably new york or boston

"PICK-chahs"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X53ZSxkQ3Ho&t=48s

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vita Means Life

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

as an enthusiast of 12th-century Welsh privateer Mairty Brwdd, this page has greatly saddened me

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Billy Gnosis posted:

It took me multiple times to not read that as Larry Sanders for some reason. Now that would be weird

I can't believe Garry Shandling is joining the NBA

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a Cogex, or possibly Gexicon

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VideoGames posted:

If you could have a sequel to any game ever (and it was guaranteed to be as good as the game you are getting a sequel to) what game would you have?

I have been thinking about this for most of today and currently I am not sure.

Tales from the Borderlands

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

now explain Inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gripweed posted:

MGS4 is fantastic and features the most romantic moment in any video game. RARITY DON'T WATCH THIS

link removed because apparently Awfulapp autoembeds Youtube links for some stupid reasons, but if you've played the game you know what I mean

NOBODY ELSE MAKE ANY COMMENTS THAT MIGHT SPOIL IT FOR RARITY, JUST AGREE THAT IS THE MOST ROMANTIC MOMENT IN ANY VIDEO GAME EVER

imho it's more romantic in Valkyria Chronicles 4 when the female lead calls the male lead a dingus and then they shake hands